Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG you got Hearthstone beta keys?

Comments

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

I got my Hearthstone beta key directly through Blizzard...

Make sure you have your beta settings in the battle.net profiles set up if you haven't already, you never know when they might send you a beta key for something.

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Would love one of these beta keys.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by nickster29

I got my Hearthstone beta key directly through Blizzard...

Make sure you have your beta settings in the battle.net profiles set up if you haven't already, you never know when they might send you a beta key for something.

Its an obvious suggestion and im sure there will be some kicking themselves when they realise they have not ticked te box, however...

There are many players in closed beta and most of them got keys directly from battle.net, problem for the masses is so many people want into this beta if they don't get lucky in the randomised account draw they are unlikely to win a code as every offer gets swamped with bots.

Several websites got hacked when they announced giveaways and magically a similar number of keys appear on well known auction sites. There are also an estimated 50k+ (its an estimate touted on a few fan sites, no-one knows how many of course, it could be more or it could be less) bot accounts set up at battle.net for their code sendout, guess where those codes wind up?

Also many beta testers were given as buddy key they could give to their friends, no-one is certain if this was a mistaken second issue or not, but guess where those that weren't used to boost private youtube account revenues wound up?

The whole thing is a fiasco which is currently damaging the game as Blizzard lifted the NDA too early, now every streaming and video site is over saturated with gameplay videos. Blizzard had a good thing going, but they have failed to strike while the preverbial iron was hot. A lot of players are simply sick of the frustration of not being allowed to play what is, essentially a game in release state and every day they feel they are falling further behind the chosen few (no more wipes now before launch). Others have watched so much streamed footage they have had their fill of the game already and everyone now knows how wretched the booster and gold system is as we have gotten to watch players spend $50+ on packs and get nothing of any note.

They should have delayed the NDA and used this massive publicity properly, they have now waited a bit too long and will probably lose out because of it. Still, this game has incredible momentum.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ArmagedonaArmagedona Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Thanks for sharing that :)
  • LpchaosLpchaos Member Posts: 8
    I don't understand why MMORPG has keys if they aren't giving them out?
    Originally posted by Lpchaos
    I don't understand why MMORPG has keys if they aren't giving them out?

It is a boggle. Maybe they have instructions from blizzard on when to start that, or they are waiting for something else.

• TremorsTremors Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by expresso

Also if MMORPG do indeed have keys and are planning to give them out at some point I hope they don't do what many of the give-ways have done, i.e having you like them on facebook, twitter or do a handstand in a swimming pool full off jelly (jello for my american friends).  In the past MMORPG have just given out keys by having you click a link but I hope they restrict this to people who genuinely contribute and are active members of this site else they'll just get snapped up by bots (to sell on ebay) and people they'll never see again.

But what about us Lurkers who very rarely post on the forums? ):

• HeflarHeflar Member Posts: 1
    i'm a long time lurker, and it seems like the keys will only be given out once they are ever more highly sought after
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I can't seem to attract a key no matter what I enter. Guess I'lle have to wait it out and hope they enter OB soon :/.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I got a beta key invite from Blizzard. OOh yeah! Now I can try it. I guess Blizzard are sending out beta keys so you might want to check out your emails.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I got a beta key invite from Blizzard. OOh yeah! Now I can try it. I guess Blizzard are sending out beta keys so you might want to check out your emails.

After reading this I checked my Blizzard email account and I have one as well! Get in! As Fiv says above check your emails people. :)

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Jealous! I want to play so bad. Grats guys :(
    checked when they said on twitter but i have nothing yet again :/
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Often the key waves are not done in one shot, chances are if your on this mail shot you will get a key in the next few days, indeed the main forums usually say when a beta invite wave has ended more than when it begins.

congratz to all who got in, enjoy :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

The game is really fun. But for some reason it feels like there are not enough people playing it (EU server) as when I try to play against another player it searches for ages and can't find a match :(

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Another keyless day it is for me.

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    Hmm i just noticed i got a beta key for Hearthstone on my alt email, hmm what to do with it...
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    The game is really fun. But for some reason it feels like there are not enough people playing it (EU server) as when I try to play against another player it searches for ages and can't find a match :(

Also on the EU server, have had no trouble finding a match, never takes more then 10 seconds for me and have been playing all day......Don't tell my boss! :)

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Somebody got a key directly from Blizzard, that you didn't even have to enter anything.  It automatically was added to somebody's account when they logged on using the Battle.net app...somebody did...
    Originally posted by wangkom
    Hmm i just noticed i got a beta key for Hearthstone on my alt email, hmm what to do with it...

You are really teasing man :/

• juzek1000juzek1000 Member Posts: 1

Man im dying from begging for ANY key since 1 month everyday..... but pls I beg u give it to me ;_;

• TeyrnTeyrn Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Those beggars XD I participated in every possible Giveaway i could find and i was watching Streams 25/7 and im still patient, im just waiting for my turn ;) So Stop begging goddamn
  • ThirstyyThirstyy Member Posts: 5

I swear to you tomorrow is my birthday and you could make my day

Originally posted by spookydom

Also on the EU server, have had no trouble finding a match, never takes more then 10 seconds for me and have been playing all day......Don't tell my boss! :)

Hmm, i don't know. I tried playing against other players yesterday at about 7 pm UK time but it kept looking for over 5 min and Igave up. Will try it tonight again :) But 7pm is definitely not off-peak time right/? :D