Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO, who else signed up on day one with no invite?

KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
Just seeing how many people are frustrated/excited about the beta.... I signed up on day one with no invite yet, makes me a sad panda :(

Comments

• tedgartedgar Member Posts: 52

same day one and showed them all the lore i knew since the first game that ever came out in this series of games which was oblivion.

j/k

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Same here, except that by now i lost any interest in the game.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I signed day 1...and nothing.

No beta plus an ongoing series of decisions I completly disagree with have  cooled my interest to a minimum.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Signed up for Beta on day 1 with my whole gaming community, been playing TES series since Daggerfall, wrote a proper wall of text and all in the application and none of our folks have gotten invitations.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    They hate you too, eh?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    I heard all day 1 beta signups were lost and that you have to signup again.  I signed up again about 2 months ago and they sent me a new beta email so I am not sure if it is true or not.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Same.

What's more is that in some of the beta videos I saw, you could see the face of the dude. What I don't understand is how could they give a beta key to these douchebags, but not to me or you who will actually respect the game?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

TESO is  inviting beta testers based on their credentials right now., and not randomly or based on time of signup.. which means that when you are a lousy selfish player just in it for playing the game early  , they probably know and that could be a reason for you not top be invited yet...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

TESO is  inviting beta testers based on their credentials right now., and not randomly or based on time of signup.. which means that when you are a lousy selfish player just in it for playing the game early  , they probably know and that could be a reason for you not top be invited yet...

Actually.. pretty much anybody on these forums most likely does NOT meet that description.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by feena750
    I heard all day 1 beta signups were lost and that you have to signup again.  I signed up again about 2 months ago and they sent me a new beta email so I am not sure if it is true or not.

They keep sending me commercials, so they didn`t lose all my info.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Originally posted by feena750

This may have happened after reading your statement I went back and tried to signup an it let me when I know i signed up on day one. How could anyone forget the original application took like 20 minutes to fill out.

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Yep, signed up day one and still waiting. It's not the end of the world though, game will be out soon enough and it will all be fresh if I haven't helped test.
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    Day one too. Nothing yet but like someone else said not too interested anymore.

• piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189

I signed up on day 1 and even wrote a wall of text in the comments field. I just tried to make a new application and it appears that my original application was indeed lost. Hope I'm actually signed up now, can't wait to get in!

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by piquet

I signed up on day 1 and even wrote a wall of text in the comments field. I just tried to make a new application and it appears that my original application was indeed lost. Hope I'm actually signed up now, can't wait to get in!

Same boat here

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I signed up, and received a Beta invitation at some point. It wasn't anywhere near the first wave of invites, and it was for a stress test of 3 hours or so where the point was to push the network, not play the game. And it hinted that participation in that test could lead to future invitations. At that point, I didn't even care about ESO enough to spend more time downloading and installing the game than I would be playing it. I passed on the invite. I don't want to play the Beta, and, depending on what I feel like at the time, I may not play ESO when it launches. I'm on the fence about it, but I'll at least look at the info when it launches. I may wait for players to start posting in the forums about it with their launch experiences, before I make a decision.
  • Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    I have 10 total email addresses I use in every beta app. ESO & EQ:N both have not responded to a single one yet. =  IDK if day one or not but that week of CB I know I hit up both sites. (Since I'm a web developer I get an RSS feed w/ new betas.)
  • MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    I'm one of these.  But after hearing what this game is becoming, I'm not interested.
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I did not even want to test TESO and never even bothered filling out the beta invite when they announced it. However after attending Gamescom at Koln and speaking to the developer directly and them seeing I had come from the UK to see their game they were impressed. So I got invited to the front of the queue two days on the trot by the same guy to try their game and once he saw I know what I was doing he asked me if I would like to be part of the beta test so I agreed and emailed him all my details and was added to the last three beta weekends. 

I was not even going to bother with the game due to all the negative hype, but now I'm glad I did as I've been very impressed thus far. Sure there are a few issues there but due to NDA I cannot say anymore and I'm sure many people like me who were not going to bother will once the feed-back start flowing when the game goes live. I personally feel they have a winner here and for a change I'm looking forward to this game sometime next year.

They will drop beta testers not testing like a rock so anyone whom applied with the idea of getting a free sneak preview will be disappointed for sure as you wont get a follow up weekend if you just riding the I want to see boat. Which makes a change as most games don't do this kind of testing and normally are fooled by many who get into early beta access.

Zenimax are fully in control here and will not rush what they are doing it's really refreshing what I've seen, so for people who are looking to help I would say hang in there and those who just want to see I would not even bother until it goes to open.

Bandit

Asbo

• DraneanDranean Member Posts: 77

I signed up from day one for BETA testing but I am not frustrated by the fact that I have not been picked :)

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    so i read that they may have been lost, so i signed up again.  I love testing games and trying to break them and find bugs.  And if the game is great, I love being a part of the creative process.  It's not because i want early access, i just love testing and have always been interested in game design.  I look at beta as a challenge to find things wrong and it's fun for me :)
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Man, if they know who all the lousy and selfish players are, imagine what else they might know. Maybe they can tell which players would be a good fit for certain careers, or maybe they can tell me why I've never been able to fully apologize to my dad for my rough childhood.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    lol hilarious...  and no man, when I typed my wall of text, I mostly spoke about my beta testing experience, I didn't put "OMG ELDR SCROLLZ EARLY ACESS PLZ" 
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I did, although the more things I hear about the game the less intrigued I am to play. Graphics isn't everything.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Raises hand.  I even sent an email to ZOS and they eventually replied back saying I was in fact signed up.  Apparently I suck at getting into their beta's but then again I have been overly critical so maybe they are punishing me. :)

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!