Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard wins lawsuit vs bot service, $7 million judgement

2»

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Foomerang Nice! Hopefully that sends a red flag out to other botting developers.
    Keep wishing, but unfortunately that will never happen.

It just happened...so never say never my friend.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Well Done Blizzard.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Newfr
    Well, that was American base huge corporation vs American based company. I wonder why it took so long. But i really don't see a point in whooping and cheering because, you know, doing the same thing to some China based company (for example, as most gold selling sites lead to that country) is a whole another story. They were in WoW from day one and they are still there and i don't see something going to change in near future.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. It is a beginning, it sends a signal that the game developers ARE taking this seriously and they are willing to fight to make their game legit.

While it would be infinitely harder to prosecute a foreign case, at least this lays the ground work for the legal system to realize a major issue and allow game companies to say; "we will block all IPs from said country until you get control of your bot companies". That may be a bit drastic, but I could see it happening. I know there are ways to work around IP bans, but at some point that will become to costly as well.

TL:DR - It is a start.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.