Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Is The Population On Mortal Online? I Have Played A Bit

I can't stick with an MMO if I am not satisfied with population numbers. I hope there are at least 500-3000 people playing Mortal Online 24/7 ay any one time, so is there? I am hoping to eventually join a Guild and have big epic clan wars similar in numbers to what you see in many dark fall unholy wars videos.

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    The game is dead. Sorry.
  • AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    The game is dead. Sorry.

Don't listen to this guy. There are a bunch of people on this particular forum who will say nothing but negative things about the game. Most of it is completely untrue.

The population is strong at the moment. There were several huge battles this weekend with hundreds of players participating. My alliance had over 90 people in our teamspeak alone and the enemy force was quite large as well. If large scale battles and territorial control is your thing, this is the game for you.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Macrinus101
    I can't stick with an MMO if I am not satisfied with population numbers. I hope there are at least 500-3000 people playing Mortal Online 24/7 ay any one time, so is there? I am hoping to eventually join a Guild and have big epic clan wars similar in numbers to what you see in many dark fall unholy wars videos.

There's probably three to five thousand people total playing the game. No idea how many are playing at any given time though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    It's f2p ain't it.  You can DL it and  awnser your own  questions

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Anubisan
    The game is dead. Sorry.

Don't listen to this guy. There are a bunch of people on this particular forum who will say nothing but negative things about the game. Most of it is completely untrue.

The population is strong at the moment. There were several huge battles this weekend with hundreds of players participating. My alliance had over 90 people in our teamspeak alone and the enemy force was quite large as well. If large scale battles and territorial control is your thing, this is the game for you.

What this guy is leaving out is that the 'war' going on right now is only between two sides, and those sides are basically the entire server.

I doubt very much he could prove there were more than 90 people on the battlefield.  (and even if there were - could MO actually render them all? )

• Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44

I saw huge battles before on youtube but those videos were 1+ years old. Where do huge battles take place? I guess I will need to see the map of guild territory. There is no world map ingame so moving around the world would take a while without a mount since there is also no instant travel.

I am hoping there are at least 700-2000 people online during eastern timezone primetime (7pm-1am).

This game got greenlit on steam so once you can download it using steam then a lot more people will be on.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    The game is dead. Sorry.

It certainly isn't doing well, that's for sure.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

The most amazing thing about Mortal Online is...

They STILL haven't shut down the server !

How they do it, I don't know. But undoubtedly, "they" are far, far fewer in number than they ever were before. The CEO deserves a medal. For persistance. Only.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    There's surely two sides to this, on forums you see people basically saying this game has nobody playing it, and others saying it's fine in population. I know for a fact it isn't THRIVING but I mean it is free to play, so drop in and see how you like it and if there are a decent amount of people in the area you can talk to. If so you can always ask them. In forums it's hard to decipher what is the truth and what isn't, simply because there are fan boys and haters. Not usually too many in between. The people enjoying the game are usually the ones playing it and not complaining on a forum about it.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Thus the low population, even at Free to Play

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    The game is dead. Sorry.

Don't listen to this guy. There is a bunch of people on this forum who will claim the game is booming against all the facts, such as the company bleeding money. I would say there are few thousands (less than 5, anyway) active accounts, keeping in mind that some players have up to three accounts. Then again, the game has never ending trial you can try out for free, the only thing you waste is your time and bandwidth. 

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

See what I mean? The haters never EVER quit here.

Do yourself a favor and don't believe either of us... The game is F2P. Try it for yourself and find out.

Do yourself a favor and don't believe either of us... The game is F2P. Try it for yourself and find out.

Let me get this straight, so everyone that doesn't like MO or it's implementation is a hater? image

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Thats right, disregard the epic PVP video that was recently posted in this forum that shows cows spawning on rooftops and people getting hit from 10 meters away with a sword and graphics that make the original Deus Ex look like the latest technology.  Ignore all the low reviews by every legit website.  Ignore the financial statements posted here that prove beyond a doubt that the company has never had a successful quarter since releasing the game and that there are less than 3000 people on the entire planet that actually feel the game is worth a sub.  Ignore that the biggest video battle made recently might have had 30 people in it.

Ignore the facts.  Just waste your time downloading the game and play it.  If you do, please post back here in a few weeks and let us know how you feel about the game.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Thats right, disregard the epic PVP video that was recently posted in this forum that shows cows spawning on rooftops and people getting hit from 10 meters away with a sword and graphics that make the original Deus Ex look like the latest technology.  Ignore all the low reviews by every legit website.  Ignore the financial statements posted here that prove beyond a doubt that the company has never had a successful quarter since releasing the game and that there are less than 3000 people on the entire planet that actually feel the game is worth a sub.  Ignore that the biggest video battle made recently might have had 30 people in it.

Ignore the facts.  Just waste your time downloading the game and play it.  If you do, please post back here in a few weeks and let us know how you feel about the game.

I see what you did there.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Population thread can be found here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/server-population.92404/

Here is a quote form the last post before the thread was locked.  Post is from a "Gold Supporter" which means they made at least a $50 donation to help the game developers so obviously not a troll:

Ya Retox there is a few players still around, mostly the cool/good people are gone in my opinion. Most of the people that were around when we played are just forum lurking.

New player pop spikes and dies almost weekly.

You know what that means?  It means people come... try the game.. and quit.  Same as always.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

You will see 10-20 in most towns, I just did it.

Maybe 100 people on the server at any time.

Originally posted by psykobilly

You will see 10-20 in most towns, I just did it.

Maybe 100 people on the server at any time.

That's just sad

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

My computer is not strong enough to handle mortal online so i watch pvp videos often. Most pvp videos got a lot of players in them and they really make it look like the game is very alive and much more healthier than darkfall unholy wars.

Also, the world of mortal online is not as big as let's say wow or most mmo's. Truth is, the world is very small. It only looks big because you have no minimap or an indicator to see where you really are so you must learn about your surrounding before you wonder too far. With that being said, you don't need a huge population to populate the world of MO.

To me, there's nothing better than mortal online and it's one of the few sandbox mmo left to play. [mod edit]

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by ilives
    Thus the low population, even at Free to Play

It's not f2p

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I feel the game is becoming a little overpopulated for my tastes.

If they get more people I would hope they add more land.

This isn't WOW.  Running into 20 people in the wilderness every time you leave town isn't exactly the kind of experience you always want to have.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    @Realbigdeal it is...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67

I popped in again on Friday and Saturday evening Central EU time. Tindrem bank seemed really decently populated, I counted 20 people + around 5 people per each district and graveyard was really crowded, which makes game feel quite a live. I logged in Meduli, and were around same number of people. 

Overall feeling was that game is well alive, although absolute numbers of players on whole server is smaller comparing to other fantasy MMO's.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Latest financials would indicate around 2,000 subscribers MAX.

This is based on about $30,000 per month sales divided by $15.   It also doesn't subtract for any donated money or any account based purchases (extra char slots, etc..) which is revenue without a sub.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by snoocky
    @Realbigdeal it is...

I kinda have to agree, despite trial accounts being gimped to the status of cannon meat for subscribers. You can still access and participate in most content, however to a varying degree of efficiency. That's unlike WoW, where you are literally useless with your level 20 cap. 

Originally posted by Zeeraha

I popped in again on Friday and Saturday evening Central EU time. Tindrem bank seemed really decently populated, I counted 20 people + around 5 people per each district and graveyard was really crowded, which makes game feel quite a live. 

Few dozens in the capital is your definition of crowded? Everything's relative, I guess.. =/