Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME!!

mattidoremattidore Member Posts: 31

I REPEAT DO. NOT. PLAY. THIS GAME.

Gpotato is by FAR one of the WORST companies I have come across. It has been over 24 hours since I made a payment for $20 worth of Gpotato credit which has still not been approved. As in, they've taken my money but they haven't given me my credit to buy in-game time. Their support system can take up to days or weeks to reply back to your email. 

It is NOT worth the trouble that you have to deal with, with this company to play Allods online. I came back to this game for the nostalgia factor, but the complete and utter incompetence of this company has put me off from this game entirely. Waste of time and too much trouble to be worth the effort.

Comments

• SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

So, technically you're advising people not to deal with GPotato, as your complaint has absolutely nothing to do with Allods Online whatsoever, merely their host. A fine point, perhaps, yet crucial after its own fashion. To whit: should someone choose merely to play without purchasing any of the "premium" currency, the issue you encountered, and for which you so passionately denounce the title, would be entirely irrelevant to their experience.

...not that I would recommend anyone play Allods when myriad superior games exist, yet I felt it necessary to point out the flaw in your criticism. Allods is a decent enough game and, for those yearning for some WoW-esque gameplay in the Rage of Mages world (just dated myself there), it's worth the investment of a few hours time for some lighthearted, free entertainment. If you would care to levy some complaints against the actual game might I suggest you begin with the (now) inherently archaic mechanics, brevity of story and inconsistent lore, imbalanced classes and cash-shop focused endgame? Now those are reasons to avoid AO...

• mattidoremattidore Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by SaintGraye

So, technically you're advising people not to deal with GPotato, as your complaint has absolutely nothing to do with Allods Online whatsoever, merely their host. A fine point, perhaps, yet crucial after its own fashion. To whit: should someone choose merely to play without purchasing any of the "premium" currency, the issue you encountered, and for which you so passionately denounce the title, would be entirely irrelevant to their experience.

...not that I would recommend anyone play Allods when myriad superior games exist, yet I felt it necessary to point out the flaw in your criticism. Allods is a decent enough game and, for those yearning for some WoW-esque gameplay in the Rage of Mages world (just dated myself there), it's worth the investment of a few hours time for some lighthearted, free entertainment. If you would care to levy some complaints against the actual game might I suggest you begin with the (now) inherently archaic mechanics, brevity of story and inconsistent lore, imbalanced classes and cash-shop focused endgame? Now those are reasons to avoid AO...

okay 1. stop writing in such an unnecessarily complicated manner.

2. just because someone wants to play the f2p content, doesn't mean Gpot's shitty services won't affect them. 

1. Don't be absurd, I write precisely how I'm accustomed and am certainly not about to modify my habits due to some random poster. If anything, I would urge you to utilize a more sophisticated approach save you desire to be just another "lolz u r a noob" nonentity. Good grief, honestly, someone deriding me for writing sensibly...

2. On the contrary, I'm living proof it may not, having played Allods Online to the level-cap only to quit due solely to the aforementioned issues of balance. As I said, and reiterate, it is entirely reasonable to assume an individual who does not pay for premium currency may never encounter a problem and your complaint has no bearing on the game itself, hence the brunt of your critique is nonsensical. Avoid the publisher, but if you wish to discredit the game, do so via other means.

3. In simpler terms, a fine art gallery (which, in this particular analogy, represents a good game and not Allods Online specifically) in the midst of urban squalor is nonetheless worth visiting, though the setting may leave something to be desired. Your complaint concerns the host, not the product they vend.

• mattidoremattidore Member Posts: 31

1. Don't be absurd, I write precisely how I am accustomed and am certainly not about to desist due to some random poster.

2. On the contrary, I'm living proof it may not, having played Allods Online to the level-cap only to quit due not to GPotato's poor service but rather to the aforementioned issues of balance. As I said, and reiterate, it is entirely reasonable to assume an individual who does not pay for premium currency may never encounter a problem and your complain has no bearing on the game itself, hence the brunt of your critique is nonsensical. Avoid the publisher, but if you wish to discredit the game, do so via other means.

3. In simpler terms, a fine art gallery (which, in this particular analogy, represents a good game and not Allods Online specifically) in the midst of urban squalor is nonetheless worth visiting, though the setting may leave something to be desired. Your complaint concerns the host, not the product they vend.

Dude, I don't care...

Gpotato sucks. So don't play Allods. My argument may not be logically sound, I get it. You took debating classes. I didn't. Great.

I get that you're talking about f2p players, but I'm not. I'm strictly speaking to those who might want to try out their p2p server. In which case, the incompetence of Gpot is a factor in deciding whether or not to play Allods.

If f2p players want to try out the f2p server, then be my guest. Because Allods' f2p is the most balanced non pay2win server there ever is, was and will be in the history of mmorpgs.

Originally posted by mattidore

I get that you're talking about f2p players, but I'm not. I'm strictly speaking to those who might want to try out their p2p server. In which case, the incompetence of Gpot is a factor in deciding whether or not to play Allods.

If f2p players want to try out the f2p server, then be my guest. Because Allods' f2p is the most balanced non pay2win server there ever is, was and will be in the history of mmorpgs.

I'll concede that the issue does possess some merit in that light, yet the fault still resides with the publisher and not the game. Semantics, you may argue, but as my analogy proves, it is not. Avoid GPotato, scum that they are, but Allods Online deserves a more forgiving consideration.

Also, it occurs to me that GPotato may yet be in the midst of restructuring, hence their spat of GM and staff replacements, idiosyncratic response time and generally poor service; Gala-Net, their parent company, was purchased in February by Webzen (a South Korean developer/publisher of several MMOs) who proposed a long-term merger so as to "avoid service interruptions" (http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/03/gdc-2013-the-mmo-impact-of-the-webzen-and-gala-net-merge/). It is not entirely implausible to assume that some of the rough edges of that particular transition have yet to be smoothed away, thus it may be worth trying anew a few months down the line. For all we know, they may be in the process of merging their portals and only just began with the payment systems. It would certainly make sense to consolidate your source of income, no?

...also, for the record, sarcastic though your remark was, I've never taken a debate class in my life nor have I any interest in such. In truth, I expected a brusque dismissal and merely pointed out your logical inconsistency due to a little quirk of my personality (what some people would sooner dub an "annoying habit" no doubt). EDIT: In other words, I'll cease nagging you now.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Graye is vying for the iron throne. He practises his game no doubt.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    This thread gave me cancer =(
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

So, technically you're advising people not to deal with GPotato, as your complaint has absolutely nothing to do with Allods Online whatsoever...

Stopped reading right there. Gpotato has everything to do with Allods Online because their quality of service affects a player's ability to experience the game. I agree with the OP. The game experience is dragged down by the company running it. There's no point investing in a game run by a company that cannot be trusted.

I personally had cash shop items removed due to an admitted bug in their client and upon appeal was denied, claiming that the game was still in beta and their policy was not to do refunds during beta. They flat out robbed me and turned me away at every appeal. I don't trust a company that can sleep at night after robbing players.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I definitely wouldn't recommend playing any Gpotato games.  Cash shop is almost forced on you immediately in every game with absurd pricing.  I thought most MMO gamers (at least those that play F2P) have known this for several years now.  If you can play the game from another service besides Gpotato you'll usually be better off and I think Allods is a decent game for a F2P if it wasn't marred by horrible business practices, but I believe all the publishers of Allods are about equally as bad as Gpotato unfortunately.  There are a few good F2Ps worth playing out there that won't hit your wallet constantly to get enjoyment out of the game so I see no reason to play Allods over it's competition even though the overall gameplay is decent enough.

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215

Although I understand the point you're trying to make, the two simply have to go hand in hand if they really want any success.  I don't understand why or how publishers/developers can throw out mmos and have little to no consideration for MMOs.  Conquer Online is an incredible example of this even though it doesn't exactly follow the same mantra.  When CO released it was an extremely fun and addicting game and at the time I can't recall very many people at all being negative about the game. (to be fair this was in 2003 before the MMO genre really blew up and brought in the whiny community we see everywhere.)  And to this day CO 1.0 is still my favorite online game due to their unmatched open world pk system, awesome social and marketing features, and brutally skillful pvp mechanics. 

However this game went to shit, complete shit when the company got a taste for greed.  Once this happened pretty much every english speaking player left leaving the entire game full of egyptions and BRs and today easily stands as the MOST p2w game on the market.   It makes Allods, Pwi, Requiem and any other game claimed as p2w games look like charities.  Once they realized what they did they tried to create "classic" servers that tried to take away some of their bullshit.  That server on opening day had more players in one place then I have ever seen in my history of MMOs... Unfortunately they left most of their p2w crap... I remember someone won a 2 soc in the lottery (one of the most hated p2w factors of CO that they left in) and half my flist logged out and never came back.. The server was dead a month later.

This is an example of a great game being turned into a pile of horse crap because of the developer.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I just read Gpotato and that is enough explination for me

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

This discussion has been closed.