Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad Community

2»

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    The paying community is great Vs the free community sucks doesn't carry much weight after you have played WoW......

Maybe I was unlucky with my choice of ffxiv server, but the chat when I arrived at the Revenants Toll area (Revenants Troll?) was awful.

Not so much the "your momma is a ....." stuff, although some of that was there, but the abuse being hurled between the players. It was as bad as anything else I've experienced.

So, OP - I understand your position. I've gone back to a couple of ftp conversions and just turned chat off. As someone said, Tera seemed to be near continual sexual references.

But the garbage chat is there in ptp games as well, although probably not as bad due to the fact that players can lose their subscription money with a ban.

• enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37

I just started a new character to level up with a friend who's never played. And, wow, yeah, the community has really gone downhill. Chat is filled with trolls and general stupidity -- something I never really saw before.

I hate F2P. But at least most games that start out sub and go f2p are better than most games designed to be f2p. At least that's the case with TSW and Tera, and Rift seems to be decent so far.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Originally posted by Datastar
    The game went free to play and all the rift-raft came in with it. 

see what I did here ^

This. Join a guild, leave channels full of trolls, join channels of like-minded players, /ignore the trolls. Easy enough to workaround.

Sorry just realized this is an older thread. A lot of the really bad trolling died off with the spammers but it's still there, like in any other game. My main has the chat bug so it's quite peaceful. But I get an eyeful at times when I'm on my alts. I've also met a lot of nice folks new to the game and helped them out. So yeah, your experience may vary.

• XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190
    If you're talking about the in-game community, its fairly the same. However the forum community....I will tell you it has gotten a good deal worst.