Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranged Weapon skills overview via Tamriel Foundry

artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Next in the series is Ranged Weapon skills.

Melee Weapons here:  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/397871/Melee-weapon-skill-overview-via-Tamriel-Foundry.html

Class skills here:  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/397528/Class-Skill-Overview-courtesy-of-Tamriel-Foundry.html

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/10/skill-overview-ranged/

Bow

The bow is the perfect weapon for dealing physical ranged damage, and excels at keeping the player at a safe distance from his foes.

• [Active] Poison Arrow – Deals immediate damage to the target and poisons them, interrupting enemy spells stunning the caster and putting them off balance.
  • [Active] Volley – Deals damage in a targeted area immobilizing any foes that are hit.
  • [Active] Scatter Shot – Deals damage to the target, knocking them backwards and disorienting them for a short time.
  • [Active] Arrow Spray – Deals damage and snares the target for a short time.
  • [Active] Snipe – Deals a large amount of damage at a longer range.
  • [Passive] Accuracy – While you have a bow equipped, you have a increased critical strike chance.
  • [Passive] Ranger – Reduces the stamina cost of bow skills.
  • [Passive] Long Shots – While you have a bow equipped, you deal bonus damage to distant targets.
  • [Passive] Hawk Eye – Bow attacks deal extra damage when hitting vulnerable targets.
  • [Passive] Hasty Retreat – While you have a bow equipped, you gain a short burst of movement speed after dodging

Destruction Staff

The Destruction Staff will be the iconic weapon of choice for mages intent on channeling a deadly arsenal of elemental damage.

• [Active] Destructive Touch – Deals damage and applies elemental effects. Fire causes knockback, Frost causes a stun, Shock causes disorient.
  • [Active] Wall of Elements – Create wall of AoE damage.
  • [Active] Force Shock – Deals damage and interrupts enemy casting. Interrupted enemies are stunned.
  • [Active] Impulse – Deals PBAoE damage and applies elemental effects. Fire causes burning, Frost causes chilled, Shock causes concussion.
  • [Active] Weakness to Elements – The target’s resistances to Fire, Frost, and Lightning are reduced.
  • [Passive] Tri-Focus – Destruction Staff heavy attacks cause the following effects: Frost snares the target, Shock deals some splash damage to 2 nearby foes, Fire reduces enemy spell resistance.
  • [Passive] Penetrating Magic – Your destruction spells bypass some of the targets spell resistance.
  • [Passive] Elemental Force – Increased chance to apply fire, shock, or cold status effects when you have a destruction staff equipped.
  • [Passive] Evocation – Your heavy attacks charge faster when you have a destruction staff equiped.
  • [Passive] Destruction Expert – Restore some Magicka when killing an enemy with a destruction staff equipped.

Restoration Staff

Restoration Staff is the primary means of healing in ESO, and one of two dedicated healing skill trees in addition to the Templar’s Restoring Light line. It is designed to stand on its own as a fully capable healing package within a single weapon type.

• [Active] Regeneration – Heals the wounds of a nearby ally over time.
  • [Active] Grand Healing – Heals all allies in a large target area.
  • [Active] Blessing of Protection – Heal all allies in front of you and increase their defenses for a short time.
  • [Active] Steadfast Ward – Create a shield on the lowest health ally in front of you. The shield’s strength is based on the ally’s missing health.
  • [Active] Force Siphon – Your allies gain additional health when attacking your marked target.
  • [Passive] Essence Drain – While you have a restoration staff equipped, the last hit of a heavy attack heals a nearby ally.
  • [Passive] Restoration Expert – While you have a restoration staff equipped, your healing on targets with low health is increased.
  • [Passive] Cycle of Life – Gain bonus damage based on your current health when wielding a Restoration Staff.
  • [Passive] Absorb – While you have a restoration staff equipped, blocking spells restores Magicka.
  • [Passive] Restoration Master – While you have a restoration staff equipped, increase all healing done.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
R.A.Salvatore

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Already knew the abilities of all the skill lines but its nice of you to post a link for others.  This class system is going to be amazing for the genre.  And as a long time proponent of hybridization its nice to see a company embrace it.  One of the worst aspects of the modern MMO is the cut and cry defined class abilities.  Choice is always a great thing for diversity in a game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just wondering, do i need to have a healing staff equiped to use those healing skills? 

Or will it be sufficient for some of them to just have trained the healing staff tree?

if you need a healingstaff equiped to use all the healing skills, then efficient selfhealing might be only possible for the templar class...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Those skills above are with staff equipped only. If you want to equip something else then you'd have to use other non-weapon-related healing skills... most of which are in the Templar class abilities.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Those skills above are with staff equipped only. If you want to equip something else then you'd have to use other non-weapon-related healing skills... most of which are in the Templar class abilities.

All of which we know so far are in the templar class.... Which makes him the only viable option for a selfhealing tank and such builds..

however for full healer with healingstaff equiped, sorcerer for example might also be an option because of better mana regeneration,.. And maybe nightblade as a stealth healer in PvP..  Sure all classes can heal, but i am affraid that there might only be few minmaxing healing options...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Iselin

All of which we know so far are in the templar class.... Which makes him the only viable option for a selfhealing tank and such builds..

however for full healer with healingstaff equiped, sorcerer for example might also be an option because of better mana regeneration,.. And maybe nightblade as a stealth healer in PvP..  Sure all classes can heal, but i am affraid that there might only be few minmaxing healing options...

That's true enough. Min-maxers will min-max, but it's nice to see that the healing staff has much more than just token healing.

I love mage/healers such as the cholor/something in Rift and the Archmage in WAR. I'm toying with the idea of Dark Exchange ([Active] - Channel dark magic, restoring your own Health and Magicka at the cost of Stamina) based Sorcerer hot swapping between Destro and Resto staffs as my main.

I always enjoy healing but only if I can pack a substantial punch as well.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I'm still disappointed there are no real arrows...or arrow crafting.

Just more easy mode game design.

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I'm still disappointed there are no real arrows...or arrow crafting.

Just more easy mode game design.

Not to mention, "unlimited arrow inventory management" image

I know that your preference is more traditional TES but I for one am glad they've abstracted arrows and the bow + arrow combo damage totals.

I guess my tolerance for micro-management is not the same it used to be when I was younger. Probably same reason I find myself playing much more Civ 5 than Europa Universalis 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED