Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Personal Player Housing in 2.1 >:^(

Just read that personal player housing isn't available in 2.1, just for your FC only.

I have to admit that I'm VERY dissapointed. I was SO looking forward to having a house...

It was THE #1 reason why I subbed.

I've been working on carpenter and leather worker in anticipation of furnishing my new home.

Guess I'll be making stuff for the FC house, wich is o.k.

Comments

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

Although your suggestion is reasonable, it's not a good one for me. I've tried to 'leave and come back' to mmo's in the past, even ones I've really enjoyed, it just doesn't work for me.

I'll just plod along, I'm still having lots of fun ingame. Have bard/fisher to 50, and carpenter/leather worker/botany all mid 20's.

Still in the Q for C.M., I'm not bored.

Just dissapointed. I wonder where I got the idea that I would have housing in 2.1 came from ????

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Even if there were housing in 2.1, its to little.. to late..

Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils.

FFXIV had so much of an opportunity to be a great game. Low expectations of population, by the devs led to a horrible launch. Poor vision of end game led to zero replayablity.

FFXIV has a great engine. Its a stunning game graphically and the crafting system will change the future of MMO Genre. That's it though. The Combat system was more than clunky, it was downright painful. There was zero mob AI to speak of.

I could go on, but there isn't really a point in continuing to kick a dead horse.

Those of you still playing I wish you the best, but as for myself I think Im going to try to learn to speak Korean =)
    Archeage Korea.. Here I come.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Yoshi was particularly concerned about the economic effects of individual player houses along with the release of small scale PvP.

In one of his updates, he said that his team is going to analyze what FC housing does to the market and then release individual player houses once they have a better understanding of what FC housing will do.

I REALLY like the look/feel/sandbox elements of Archeage. But I can't read Korean. 

If I could read Korean, I would be playing it.

Trion is taking its sweet time. I wonder if it will ever be released here in the states.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I confess i didnt read nothing about how is going to be the player house in ffxiv.

If its only a individual "cute" feature with nothing that connect to the world, then i live well without it, there is other more importante things to implemente/improve imo.

Now, if the house (FC or individual) is connected to the world activity its welcome to my eyes.

Originally posted by Jabas

I confess i didnt read nothing about how is going to be the player house in ffxiv.

If its only a individual "cute" feature with nothing that connect to the world, then i live well without it, there is other more importante things to implemente/improve imo.

Now, if the house (FC or individual) is connected to the world activity its welcome to my eyes.

I "think" the only connection between individual player housing and the rest of the game world is the crafting aspect. 

It's enough for me. I love player housing in mmo's. It makes it more of a world, and less like a game.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    or you could make your own FC and use it as a personal house...
    Originally posted by monochrome19

I like that idea, but I wonder how practical it is. 

They havn't said how much an FC house will cost yet, but I'm guessing it will be more Gil than I have, and more Gil than an individual house.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941
    Originally posted by monochrome19

My guess is it will be way too costly for just one guy. 

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by vidiotking

I REALLY like the look/feel/sandbox elements of Archeage. But I can't read Korean. 

Trion is taking its sweet time. I wonder if it will ever be released here in the states.

XLGames is responsible for the release schedule, XL chose to do China and Russia first, and then US/EU last, Trion is following what XL wants to do.

But there is a benefit of being last - XLgames is in the process of revamping the first portion of the game (the tutorial plays like a themepark, with quest hubs) - this would give so many western players a completely wrong impression of what AA is like after level 30, when the game opens up completely.

XL is also adding two more races - dwarves and warborn.

By the time XLgames and Trion release it out in US/EU - it will be a much improved sandbox game without early themepark elements.

Dwarves ftw.

Think it will be out before EQL? Cause right now, for me atleast, the race is on.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

XLGames is responsible for the release schedule, XL chose to do China and Russia first, and then US/EU last, Trion is following what XL wants to do.

But there is a benefit of being last - XLgames is in the process of revamping the first portion of the game (the tutorial plays like a themepark, with quest hubs) - this would give so many western players a completely wrong impression of what AA is like after level 30, when the game opens up completely.

XL is also adding two more races - dwarves and warborn.

By the time XLgames and Trion release it out in US/EU - it will be a much improved sandbox game without early themepark elements.

Dwarves ftw.

Think it will be out before EQL? Cause right now, for me atleast, the race is on.

No clue, but EQL nor EQN won't be a direct competitor as AA will appeal a lot more to open world PvP crowd, which from my understanding will not be the focus of EQL/N.

EQL i believe releases in February? i cant see AA coming anywhere near to that launch date.

if we're lucky AA at the rate they are going will release late next year.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I'm still waiting for the FRONTLINE patch before I give them my money.
  • SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Even if there were housing in 2.1, its to little.. to late..

Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils.

This made me LOL! Thanks.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Then save up enough to buy a guild hall :-) problem? Its what my wife and I are doing.
  • WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    It has been known for a while now that it was just FC housing in 2.1.
  • Cliff1963Cliff1963 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Yes, from the first official messages concerning patch 2.1 it was said they would implement housing for FC's... read the official messages from FFXIV, not the ingame chats....
  • That guy has some news sources that I don't know of because as far as i know no one has beaten turn 5 of bahamut's coil. I'm not really a 'die hard fan' of FF I've only played probably XI, X, IV, and III. I still enjoy the game - I've progressed into turn 2 of bahamut's coil - so i'm not the most hardcore player but I move at a decent pace. I feel like the game is thriving still and have to disagree with Krimzin.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Darn that sucks! But since I've yet to even start carpentry, I'll be ok with FC housing for now. I just hit level 33 with my main and I'm still finding way too many distractions pulling me away from the main story. It's cool though, just created a character for my wife and she's ready to try her hand a DoL and the marketplace. My daughter on the other hand is so focused on getting to level 50 before me it's down right hilarious. BTW out of all 3 of us, I'll admit I'm a FF diehard, but the other two are neither diehards nor bored. So I don't know where that poster got his facts from...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Just read that personal player housing isn't available in 2.1, just for your FC only.I have to admit that I'm VERY dissapointed. I was SO looking forward to having a house...It was THE #1 reason why I subbed.I've been working on carpenter and leather worker in anticipation of furnishing my new home.Guess I'll be making stuff for the FC house, wich is o.k.

You know its not one giant guild house right? If you are in an FC, then you get access to a personal house. Each instance has 30 houses. The small ones cost 850k gil so be sure to save up, and join an FC!

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Just read that personal player housing isn't available in 2.1, just for your FC only.

I have to admit that I'm VERY dissapointed. I was SO looking forward to having a house...

It was THE #1 reason why I subbed.

I've been working on carpenter and leather worker in anticipation of furnishing my new home.

Guess I'll be making stuff for the FC house, wich is o.k.

You know its not one giant guild house right? If you are in an FC, then you get access to a personal house. Each instance has 30 houses. The small ones cost 850k gil so be sure to save up, and join an FC!

850k for a small house? how much is a medium and large house let alone fc house unless those come in sizes

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

I think it was mainly speculation that the player housing would come out for 2.1 but they did state quite some time ago that it will be company housing first with player housing to come later. I am personally excited for both and there is plenty of content to do and coming out to keep me invested. Plus, I paid up front for the 3 month sub, so hopefully we shall see some magic appear then. 

It was back in September by the way when they confirmed player housing would come later than the company housing. Listed here http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000497.html

But yeah really looking forward to it. I shall use this 'time' to boost my funds a little bit, don't want to be caught short on a nice BIG player house. 

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Krimzin Even if there were housing in 2.1, its to little.. to late.. Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils. FFXIV had so much of an opportunity to be a great game. Low expectations of population, by the devs led to a horrible launch. Poor vision of end game led to zero replayablity. FFXIV has a great engine. Its a stunning game graphically and the crafting system will change the future of MMO Genre. That's it though. The Combat system was more than clunky, it was downright painful. There was zero mob AI to speak of. I could go on, but there isn't really a point in continuing to kick a dead horse. Those of you still playing I wish you the best, but as for myself I think Im going to try to learn to speak Korean =) Archeage Korea.. Here I come.
    I like how you present this as fact. >.>

Actually never said it was fact.

Posting ones opinion... $.02
    Ability to comprehend the written word... $5.00
    A person who can read way more into something than is really there...Priceless

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I want player housing too...

I'm about ready to break down and play UO

It's getting cold/winter here (gaming season for me) and as a older gamer who like housing I was looking forward to this..

Other games do offer player housing..Lotro's the best so far besides UO which I prefer...or SWG's open world....ahh miss that..

sorry it's late and I am rambling

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Long story short, OP is a little misinformed.
    Personal player housing is in 2.1

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Originally posted by drivendawn

Originally posted by Krimzin Even if there were housing in 2.1, its to little.. to late.. Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils. FFXIV had so much of an opportunity to be a great game. Low expectations of population, by the devs led to a horrible launch. Poor vision of end game led to zero replayablity. FFXIV has a great engine. Its a stunning game graphically and the crafting system will change the future of MMO Genre. That's it though. The Combat system was more than clunky, it was downright painful. There was zero mob AI to speak of. I could go on, but there isn't really a point in continuing to kick a dead horse. Those of you still playing I wish you the best, but as for myself I think Im going to try to learn to speak Korean =) Archeage Korea.. Here I come.
    I like how you present this as fact. >.>

Actually never said it was fact.

Posting ones opinion... $.02
    Ability to comprehend the written word... $5.00
    A person who can read way more into something than is really there...Priceless

If you make broad sweeping statements, and you have presented them as such, then you should back them up with some stats. I'm not saying your right or wrong, but unsubstantiated statements are two a penny on here.