Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Nether: Pre-Orders Result in Early Access

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Folks who preorder Nether will gain the advantage of early access to the game beginning October 31st. In addition, preorder customers will be given a 72-hour guest key and other perks to share with friends.

Phosphor is committed to working with players to shape future content for the game and all members of the community will play a pivotal role by voting on which content they would like the team to focus on for future updates.

“As an online multiplayer game, we feel strongly that the focus is on community collaboration so we want to reward the early players with solid pre-order incentives and really make them a part of the future of the rich, urban environment that is Nether,” said Chip Sineni, Creative Director at Phosphor Games. “We want to develop a game that fans are enthusiastic to play, and there isn’t a better way to give players the experience they crave than to get them involved in selecting which features are patched in next.”

Find out more on the Nether site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

No way this could go horribly wrong, again.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

No way this could go horribly wrong, again.

"again"? i'm missing something here.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    This isn't even an MMO (or persistent) from what their own site says.  It mentioned something about having a max of 64 players per server.  Seems more like a first-person shooter, along the lines of Halo or the Battlefield games.  Why's it even mentioned on here?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Anyone know what sort of anti-cheat they plan to use?  Hate to see this turn into another war-z cheat-fest slash ghost town.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    It's pretty sad that the first thing I think of when I read a post title like this is, "Another game where the devs know it's a POS and figure they can grab a few bucks before someone figures it out."
  • Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    pre ordered. hope it turns out good
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    This game isn't offering anything that hasn't been done 100 times before.  You can call the monsters whatever you want, zombies, nether, hairyballsackoids, that doesn't make the game different.  It's gonna be a cesspool of the bottom of the barrel of humanity, because that's what these games attract.  It'll be a ghost town within a month, but feel free to waste your money if you want.
  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    From what I've seen in the vids, it looks like a really cool game. Iceman hasn't played it yet so he really have to evidence to support his claims...lol 
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I was a very big fan of DayZ, but not WarZ*caugh*Infestation: bah..  If this game offers real anti-cheat options, then I may give it a shot. At least until the stand alone DayZ comes out.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I try and ALWAYS avoid games with game trailers that do not show actual game play footage.
  • zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

to my knowledge very few games show game footage in a trailer...

its a trailer not a preview of the game play.... besides trailers hardly mean anything.

they always show the best parts and leave out the rest

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

These type of games turn in mass pvp or better say ganking and the monsters/zombies/whatever an after thought.

These game's point never works even in Dayz.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZSslSkS_8

There's some gameplay footage.

I'll personally hold on until after launch and see what it'll turn out to be like, WARZ taught me always to avoid in pre-purchases and not to trust even gameplay footages, since they're pretty much always simulated and untrue.

After visiting their site, i could not un-notice the resemblance to WARZ site back when they started selling their "alpha" packages... the photoshop touched up screenshots, no gameplay footage, the purchase "packages" and the 'way too similar' shoddy animations on the gameplay videos i did find... and lets not forget micro-transactions and nothing about what they're going to sell on the ingame-market place... I'll need to do some heavy research on this one :D

Has a "150 block" map for alpha/beta, but for launch it'll be "700 blocks"... now where have i heard "this one" before.

Don't think this game has even a year in developement, since they tried to kickstart "Project Awakened" earlier this year and failed to collect the amount (and they're continuing on the project and are trying to find other means of crowdfunding... i'm smelling that Nether is that "other means"), they've also done "World War Z" mobile game that released earlier this year.

The more i "research" the more my alarm bells are ringing.

They have an "unofficial" reddit site, which is oddly enough, moderated by their forum moderator (pre-emptive damage control?) :P

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Yeah... after buying early access for War Z/Infestation I learned my lesson. I'm going to hold on for the official release. Any one who buys into this should never have full access to their wallet.
  • BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

If I give money to a launched game it is because I enjoy the game for it's price point

If I give money to a product under development I become an investor and I want a return

I don't do vapor-ware

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Cool video but the WarZ burned us once. Let's see how this goes.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Fusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZSslSkS_8

There's some gameplay footage.

I'll personally hold on until after launch and see what it'll turn out to be like, WARZ taught me always to avoid in pre-purchases and not to trust even gameplay footages, since they're pretty much always simulated and untrue.

After visiting their site, i could not un-notice the resemblance to WARZ site back when they started selling their "alpha" packages... the photoshop touched up screenshots, no gameplay footage, the purchase "packages" and the 'way too similar' shoddy animations on the gameplay videos i did find... and lets not forget micro-transactions and nothing about what they're going to sell on the ingame-market place... I'll need to do some heavy research on this one :D

It does kind of reek of 'dodgy' this is definitely a game to give the good old wait and see what happens at launch treatment, certainly its not even close to the buy before you try category of games image

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Early access to a survival/horror game with purchase. The War Z ring a bell?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

WarZ as a game really wasn't the real problem. The problem are people who in all their cluelessnes and lack of self control pre-purchase and jump into alpha versions of games than cry like little babies when the game isn't yet properly working.

I mean I skipped WarZ deliberately back than and only started playing a few months ago after I've seen they actively started prosecuting cheaters. And it's a really nice game with devs now working on new map and vehicles which can already be seen.

Since I've seen the same story with countless other online games, just on different scales, I don't see Nether excluded from repeating history either. There's already a bunch of fans posting and hyping around various communities, trying to talk other gamers to jump in blindfolded. Fun times ^^

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Seems like a big waste of money to me.  Anyone who pays to beta test is out of their mind. They should be paying you.

As to this game, it does not look like even close to the quality we normally see on this board, unless they make some major changes to it, seems an easy decision to ignore it.

Don't try to come to this board and attempt to say WARZ is a nice game now.  It is not much better than before, i.e., it might have made it from a -1 to a 1.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Just another "WarZ fiasco". Gamble your money away!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Oh and dont you love their price system?

49.99 USD

50 GBP

50 EUR

Greedy and lazy company alert!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Seems interesting but rather wait to try the game before I even buy it. So no thanks. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well it does look like  a game more suited for the Unreal engine.Looks kind of interesting the little they are showing us.

The only problem i foresee in these type of games  is the background objects and buildings/structures are always meaningless 2d filler objects.

I would like to see all buildings /structures have insides and be able to pick up anything off the ground and be able to move objects  with firepower or other means.Physics of course would also help complete these games and take them from entry level gaming to Triple A gaming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• genoshangenoshan Member UncommonPosts: 51

I think the issue is that people who prefer this style of game are waiting for someone to get it right. I pre paid, hoping this is it ... I skipped WarZ and felt for those who got sucked in. Now I hope I don't join the,. 

Silly me, when will I learn ?