Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How bad is the hacker issue now?

Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
Basically what the name asks, how many are there as compared to earlier? I played for a week a few months ago and enjoyed the game as much as i could but there were just too many hackers and i quit, really wanna jump back in if its gotten better.

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

No worse than any other game out there. At least GM's log in daily to look for hackers. But if you had issues months ago, then you will have issues now as PS2 has not really ever had a serious hacker issue.

I hear this all the time. I would guess most of the time people are just getting out played and taking it personal. Does PS2 have hackers, aim botters, etc? I am sure they do, but I can count on one hand the number of cheaters I have personally seen, and I have been playing off and on since tech test.

So good luck.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    You will hardly find any hacker by now really.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Hatefull

No worse than any other game out there. At least GM's log in daily to look for hackers. But if you had issues months ago, then you will have issues now as PS2 has not really ever had a serious hacker issue.

I hear this all the time. I would guess most of the time people are just getting out played and taking it personal. Does PS2 have hackers, aim botters, etc? I am sure they do, but I can count on one hand the number of cheaters I have personally seen, and I have been playing off and on since tech test.

So good luck.

Totally agree. 

Can not tell you how many times I had people scream at me calling me a hacker or cheater just because I killed them. 

Granted I've run in to some players that made some insanely lucky or skillful kills that made me arch an eyebrow in disbelief, but never seen anyone obviously exploiting.

• FandinFandin Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Hatefull

So good luck.

For sure. I played quite a while a long time ago. Been killed a lot of odd ways, have killed in a lot of odd ways. Maybe two or three times I've seen someone hack. I find people use that excuse as a easy out. Just today some kid (Not calling a man a kid, it was a legit kid. Had a mic on...) started cussing my name up and down a street on Grand Theft Auto online accusing me of hacking. I was hovering above him in a helicopter. 

For anyone who has not yet played GTA5O, players show up on the mini-map as a white dot. Most players, when seeing a white dot, like to try and  get a kill when they see it. Might get a good chunk of change or a new weapon off them. I just like to hover above them to annoy them. It's oddly entertaining. 

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXI-f7d5WQ This video says otherwise and posted a couple days ago no less, but ill take your guys word for it and jump in for the hell of it...i guess its a good sign i could only find 1 "legit" aimbot gameplay video rather than 20.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Odinthedark1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXI-f7d5WQ This video says otherwise and posted a couple days ago no less, but ill take your guys word for it and jump in for the hell of it...i guess its a good sign i could only find 1 "legit" aimbot gameplay video rather than 20.

LOL kinda interesting that the account that had posted that aimbot video has been banned.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Originally posted by psiic
    Originally posted by Odinthedark1

LOL kinda interesting that the account that had posted that aimbot video has been banned.

Well duh, only idiots post videos of themselves using aimbots lol, i'm sure most aren't THAT stupid xD but there are always some people who think they are unbannable, anyways you guys are right, at least on the west server...i don't see anyone "nuking" everyone and getting 30+ kills in a few seconds anymore, also haven't run into any people i'd suspect of aimbotting...yet

Edit: Oh you meant the youtube account, huh that is strange...didn't think youtube banned people for videos of aimbots, or maybe the owner was frightened and decided to take down his entire account.

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

Much much MUCH better than it was at the start of the year. I won't say it never happens, but they've tipped past the point where false accusations well outnumber actual cases.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

Hackers are few and far between nowadays. I think that many of them probably just got bored although the PS2 team did do a great job at knocking down a lot of them.

I've seen more C-4 spawn room team-killers (just 1 in the last 2 weeks) than hackers now that I think about it. And they usually get dealt with pretty swiftly when half a platoon /reports them.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

There was never much hacking to start off with...

The problem of Planetside 2 has always been the overwhelming power of armor and air vs infantry. People get killed soon as they spawned because their spawn was bombarded by tanks and planes, and explosive effects can easily go around corners or windows.

That has improved somewhat now so that why the complaint wasn't as rampant.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Tallyn

Hackers are few and far between nowadays. I think that many of them probably just got bored although the PS2 team did do a great job at knocking down a lot of them.

I've seen more C-4 spawn room team-killers (just 1 in the last 2 weeks) than hackers now that I think about it. And they usually get dealt with pretty swiftly when half a platoon /reports them.

This is true. Cheaters are really uncommon. I guess their lazieness to get better at the game was the same laziness they made them quit after cheating and shortly after, getting caught was too much trouble to try again.

Only issue you will have now is the population imbalance and dealing with massive zergz.

• QaedyanQaedyan Member Posts: 3

Hackers are still rampant, and hacking has always been an issue in this game. I dunno what the previous posters are playing but it's not PS2. Wallhacks, no recoil hacks, aimbot, you name it there are hundreds of players using multiple hacks in PS2.

Don't believe me, just google it. For example, there are currently 105 people viewing the planetside 2 hacks forums on Unknowncheats. That's 1 website alone.

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Well the PS2 bot now allows full character controls so all you have to do is move character around and it'll do the shooting for you so it makes sense that you wouldn't notice the hackers anymore, they've gotten good with their software.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Its probably safe now,  most games that are hacked bad are either really popular or new and PS2 is neither.  plus im sure all the scum bag cheaters are getting geared up for battlefield 4 and the new CoD coming out soon.
  • Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    Its probably safe now,  most games that are hacked bad are either really popular or new and PS2 is neither.  plus im sure all the scum bag cheaters are getting geared up for battlefield 4 and the new CoD coming out soon.

I wouldn't think so. BF4 is more of a game to experience and enjoy same with CoD.

PS2 (since it's F2P) is often considered a throw away game where you come for a bit of pvp and then head out.  No real decent progression of any sort in that game. So, the best one could do is...well just hope to get a few kills in before you logout.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Psion33
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

I wouldn't think so. BF4 is more of a game to experience and enjoy same with CoD.

PS2 (since it's F2P) is often considered a throw away game where you come for a bit of pvp and then head out.  No real decent progression of any sort in that game. So, the best one could do is...well just hope to get a few kills in before you logout.

You just described the game-play/experience of every multi-player FPS in existence.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

havnt seen any hackers or aim botters or cheaters  yet to my knowledge anyway

its a good game to kill time with or to blow of some steam with i usually enter it when i feel like shootin something :)

so go try it out since its f2p if yu dont like it well atleast yu kno yu gave it a try :)

• kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127
    This game needs more hackers?
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146

For those that say hacking never has been an issue, I disagree entirely.

Become a top skill level ESF pilot, these are the guys who NOTICE the hackers easiest :/

I quit because yes, hacking grew out of hand: seriously out of hand. The day I quit I was dalton and av tower instashot by no less than ten separate people. Four months have passed, I could only hope that they reeled it in by now, or the game lost popularity hence it became less profitable to hack (doubtful, i'm sure a simple google search could tell you).

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    I don't know what you people are talking about. PS2 is raging with cheaters and has been since day one. I don't ever plan on  seeing this change either.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Much as i enjoy playing PS2, the hackers are a problem, they do spoil the game for others, but thats probably why they do it, all you can do is report them and hope that SOE get rid of them, that usually gets them out of the game for a few hours, at least until they can create another account, they really do need to do something to prevent the hacking in the first place. image
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

If jackass SOE would open up a sub server then I would download the game. I'm a long time PS player and have no interest in the scum bag F2P model, nor the hackers that come along with it.

Hacking occurred in PS very rarely when I was playing it. I mean you'd come across it a few times per year.

I remain curious how many players would flock to PS2 if they opened up a sub server with no cash shop; also curious what % of PS1 players never downloaded PS2. I haven't nor has the friend who got me into PS1.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

I don't see them that often but it only takes one blatant hacker to ruin a week of fun for me.  If I run into several in a month, I am questioning why I bother to play.  Opening service tickets is a waste of time since they don't get answered or acted upon.  I watch the hackers account and notice continued activity with no ban.  And don't even dream of starting a post on their forums to complain because it will be deleted and you will get slapped with a violation (even if you don't name hackers or insult anyone).

The bottom line...it's a FTP game and from SOE to boot.  If the occasional hacker bothers you, just leave because they don't want to hear any complaints and won't dedicate serious resources to combat the issue.

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    From my experiences, hacking is extremely rare in the game.  And it certainly isn't to a point where it ruins any of my play time.  There have been times where I may have been suspicious of someone, but never really that I was certain.  I think most of the people who complain about "hackers" in this game are just upset because they were killed when they didn't expect it or felt it was unfair to them.  If you want a game that has hackers, and blatant cheating, check out APB: Reloaded...  Yikes...
  • infofrontinfofront Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I agree that there is very little hacking in this game. I think the problem is that there is a mix of casual players, traditional MMO players, and hardcore FPSers. A guy who's been playing FPSes 20+ hours per week for 10 years could easily seem like a hacker to a noob.