Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Beta Videos Surface

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Black Desert's first beta event is underway for the next several days. MMOCast.com has posted several videos that show off some of the Korean game's terrific looking features, including how jumping will work in different ways throughout the game.

What do you think? Let us know in the comments!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• 0syris0syris Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Not sure bow I missed this, but this game looks really good.
  • ParasitenoirParasitenoir Member Posts: 43

Looks Awesome

• MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

is it just me or does the combat look like u just do the same thing over and over again with a different one thrown in every once in a while ?

I mean to me the combat looks really boring so far .. i could only watch 2 and a half videos and i didnt finish the first 2 really .. 

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

Given that it's beta, I'm not too worried about how pretty combat looks.  As long as it works properly is really all that counts.  

My concern is that this appears to be yet another pretty Asian mmo.  They are generally GORGEOUS to look at, and I mean that as a compliment.  However I find that a lot of MMO's that come from Asia generally miss the mark when it comes to North American markets.  They may get some subscribers starting off, but there's usually little substance to keep anyone around for any length of time.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Looks nice! Too bad it we probably won't be playing it until 2015.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Combat seemed ok'ish, your basic action combat. Fishing seemed pretty crappy from the animation standpoint of things (exaggerated pulling animation and the line didn't straighten on the rod after the cast), also didn't personally like the idea that a loot window opens up when you catch something, that's just silly imo. The assassins creeding.. i don't see how it'll bring anything to game except maybe blatant abuse of the mechanic. Animations also seemed somewhat unfluid, like they were combined from a string of animations and in between the fluidity disappears and makes things look somewhat "choppy"

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

looks good, as for the combat looking like the same thing over and over again what game isn't like that, especially in the lower lvls?

I said previously that I will with hold my judgment of this game until I saw more on it, but so far I am liking what I see.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

the graphics are amazing, much like we have become to expect from Asian games lately.  however there is no way to know how it will play until we try it. Tera is also amazing graphically but the whole gameplay feels very rooted and static. the class system is also incredibly rigid and the world ends up feeling....plasticky? (for a lack of better words) it just doens't feel alive and breathing...

i truly hope this game takes all the good stuff from games like Tera/Aion and makes it into a Western friendly package.  

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Nothing about group play or how parties are handled.

If i see another 4-man party size MMO, I'm going to run a muck and destroy everyone.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    If the world is huge and wide open i will be playing this with out doubt.  I hope they dont add cars...

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

*coming soon to a decade near you!

I like what I see. But you are kidding yourselves if you think you will get your hands on it in the next three years (legitimately)

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Man I wish the parkour video was longer I want to play this game soooooo bad.
    Originally posted by Foomerang

*coming soon to a decade near you!

I like what I see. But you are kidding yourselves if you think you will get your hands on it in the next three years (legitimately)

Well 3 years is Pearl Abyss' plan right now and with the rate the game industry is growing who knows how things will be in the next couple years the localization may be sped up by quite a bit.

But I am guessing 3-4 years and wishing for 2.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Shauneepeak
    Originally posted by Foomerang *coming soon to a decade near you! I like what I see. But you are kidding yourselves if you think you will get your hands on it in the next three years (legitimately)
    Well 3 years is Pearl Abyss' plan right now and with the rate the game industry is growing who knows how things will be in the next couple years the localization may be sped up by quite a bit.

But I am guessing 3-4 years and wishing for 2.

I predict a western pub gets announced in about 18 months. Then they spend another year localizing. Wildcard maybe they end up starting from scratch after all that for a PS4 port.

Two years in my hot little hands would be much better though hehe

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

well at least some MMO's are evolving.

Even if it is at the pace of a slug through a salt field.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Combat still looks like garbage. And trying to cover it up with pretty scenes and cinematics can't help that.

• DF08SaidDF08Said Member UncommonPosts: 24
    this is like Vindictus/C9 but Open World! how Fking long ive waited for a game like this. i have been so fking hyped up about this game that its ridiculous! Super hyped for it!
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I noticed this game a bit back and was blown away by alpha video footage, not your typical over-the-top fantasy Asian graphic style either. Looking forward to this more than Archage but I don't expect to see this in the Western market for at least 2 years.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
    Originally posted by DF08Said
    this is like Vindictus/C9 but Open World! how Fking long ive waited for a game like this. i have been so fking hyped up about this game that its ridiculous! Super hyped for it!

Pearl Abyss, the company behind this game, was founded by many of the people who worked on Continent of the Ninth. I really got the feel from the early interviews that this was the game they always wanted to make and now that they are on their own they can finally do so.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    Looks nice! Too bad it we probably won't be playing it until 2015.

I see what you mean, but I think that's being optimistic.  Using ArcheAge as a reference, the game will still have to translate, "Westernize", and find a Western Publisher at the very least.  It's taking a while for that to happen with AA, so I wouldn't count on seeing Black Desert for a while.

And I still haven't seen any black damn deserts.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Meh, same boring combat grind. Hope the rest of the game is better.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Have to agree with other posters, the constant visual shaking during combat is going to cause visual fatigue.  

Unless they make some changes this game is a no play.

Secondly the game has classes, hence it is NOT a sandbox, it is sandbox like.  These developers just want to get on the sandbox bandwagon without actually knowing what a sandbox is.