Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Character Creation Video Shines

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Zenimax has released a brand new Elder Scrolls Online video to show off the character creation process for the upcoming game. It's a fantastic and mouth-watering look at one of the most highly anticipated titles coming in 2014.

Creating your character is an important part of The Elder Scrolls Online, and we want to provide you with the tools you need to create the hero you want to play. Discover some of the customization options you'll have in this video, and find out more about ESO at elderscrollsonline.com. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• paulp146paulp146 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Looking good.
  • daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    not bad at all indeed !
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

looks really nice, crossing my fingers the gameplay is just as nice.

Peace,

Lascer

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Not too bad. I wouldn't say its the 'best' one out there though its at least a good character customization system from was seen.  Could hope for more but as it stands its good enough to please most people I'd say.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by daemon
    not bad at all indeed !

This! Nothing "UBA" special but very good. As it should be.

That's what we wanna have.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    looks almost same as RIFT
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Looks very good, especially after all the games that totally neglected to give you a wide array of character creation tools.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Fantastic mouth-watering stuff that shines! As someone who has made many characters in Oblivion and Skyrim this looked par for the course but hey talk it up like it's a hole-in-one.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    That looks good.  I'm kinda phasing out of the whole mmo scene, but that has aroused my interest. 
  • goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250
    What you smoking bro, looks nothing like Rift.
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Looks nice, now put the same level of detail into the rest of the game. A perfect in a lackluster game is pointless.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Woah looks really damn good! I'm impressed

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Did they speed up the video, or is everyone in ESO hyperventilating?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Really nice.

It would be nice to have the option to change weight and age as the game goes on. I wonder if something like that will be in.

Idk there is something about ESO, that seems to grow on me.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by bcbully

Really nice.

It would be nice to have the option to change weight and age as the game goes on. I wonder if something like that will be in.

My guess is that they will allow character changes at some small price. A player could then add a few pounds and make changes to the face.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by davc123
    looks almost same as RIFT

Looks nothing like Rift.

What it does look like is Morrowind or a slightly less optimized version of Skyrim.  Which surprisingly ESO looks like and plays like an elder scrolls game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by bcbully

Really nice.

Idk there is something about ESO, that seems to grow on me.

There is an Age slider.  Can't forget they didn't showcase it but yea its there.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I've always had trouble making decent looking characters in ES games so I'm looking forward to bucking that trend with this version.
  • OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by goofy3k
    What you smoking bro, looks nothing like Rift.

I was gonna write dont feed the trolls but then I remembered this is MMORPG.com.

Anyway, looks awesome, finally a game where I can proudly display my beerbelly.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

It looks pretty good as to what should be standard by now. I'm glad they're not skimping on this.

I'm trying to remember what other mmo has that triangle body shape mechanism. I remember thinking that was pretty slick.

I think that's Age of Conan, but the changes that you make on the sliders are more pronounced in ESO. Pretty nifty stuff, I'm gettin' more excited about this!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by shalissar
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

It looks pretty good as to what should be standard by now. I'm glad they're not skimping on this.

I'm trying to remember what other mmo has that triangle body shape mechanism. I remember thinking that was pretty slick.

I think that's Age of Conan, but the changes that you make on the sliders are more pronounced in ESO. Pretty nifty stuff, I'm gettin' more excited about this!

Arent they using the same engine as AoC?

I wouldnt be surprised if they used the same base engine... graphics indeed look a lot..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by Tierless
    That looks pretty good. Much better than EQN actually.

Yeah, totally better than something we haven't even seen yet.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin