Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creation Video

JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Elder Scrolls Online: Character Creation

Comments

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

HOLE E CRAP.  That was impressive.  This is the game I'm most looking forward to.  Can't wait to give it a shot!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

sigh. I really hope this game is good.

It's difficult to temper expectations but it's just a necessity.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

Even though Im still not purchasing this game on principal, I will admit tht video was awesome and if I was a fan of the games direction, I would be pumped right now.

Too bad the developers made too many initial mistakes in development otherwise his could have been a real badass ES game, worthy of the name.

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Any videos out there about character customization that actually matters? I don't really care that much about how my character looks, I'm much more concerned with a deep system of making each character unique when it comes to playing the game.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Impressive. They've nailed it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Ender4

Any videos out there about character customization that actually matters?

Matters to me.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    very nice work. Outstanding!

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Does this game have player housing?

Originally posted by Foomerang

Does this game have player housing?

Not at release. My guess is that it will at some point.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Foomerang Does this game have player housing?
    Not at release. My guess is that it will at some point.

I may check it out if/when that happens.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Sovrath

It is but my worries is will it last.  I am hoping there is more then 3 months worth of content.  So far what they're promising sounds like a lot, especially if they get the Adventure zones into the game shortly after launch.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin

It is but my worries is will it last.  I am hoping there is more then 3 months worth of content.  So far what they're promising sounds like a lot, especially if they get the Adventure zones into the game shortly after launch.

The adventure zones are definitely a huge part of it for me.

However, so is the pvp. My worry is that they make it like warhammer where you are flipping keeps all the time.

And that just got old fast.

They say there will be "pride in ownership" so we'll see.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

I wouldn't worry, mate. If you like the style of combat, PvP and PVE they're going for I wouldn't worry. Personally, I think as long as you remember that it is an MMO and not TES Singleplayer your expectations will remain well below the final product. Let's be honest, they've been pretty open about all their mechanics, their flaws and their strengths.

EDIT: Regarding what you wrote above me:

The Keeps will often house guilds. Within these keeps you can find Guild Stores, similar to auction houses but only from that guild in particular. I'm sure that all the guild leaders will be pretty keen on keeping their income up and will defend their keep from dawn till dusk.

However, so is the pvp. My worry is that they make it like warhammer where you are flipping keeps all the time.

Yeah I hear you. Mythic really screwed that up by a) making scenario PVP rewards better and easier to get which meant people abandoned RvR raids frequently when the Q popped and b) trivializing any rewards for defending.

I was encouraged yesterday when I learned that one of the benefits of claiming a keep is that the claiming guild can then sell their wares to non-members - something they can't do otherwise.

That won't do the trick by itself, but it's nice to see they're thinking of ways to make keeping a captured keep important in some ways.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Well, this all sounds promising *crosses fingers*

Thanks all. image

Originally posted by Ender4 Any videos out there about character customization that actually matters?
    Matters to me.

I'm sure it does to a lot of people. That is why so many games get away with putting out such shoddy releases. They show off some pretty graphics and people are foolish enough to buy them without looking at the stuff that actually makes a game good or not.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by Ender4 Any videos out there about character customization that actually matters?
    Matters to me.

I'm sure it does to a lot of people. That is why so many games get away with putting out such shoddy releases. They show off some pretty graphics and people are foolish enough to buy them without looking at the stuff that actually makes a game good or not.

What is the point of your post. I'm confused. That if they provide a feature that 99 out of 100 are going to approve that it means the game is shallow because the rest of it stinks? Who decides what is good and what isn't, you? Please speak for yourself. These type of generalizations are absurd.

To the OP, they nailed it as someone said above.

There Is Always Hope!

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177

I'll say this. I've been playing it for a few days and it's pretty damn good ;-) 

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

That if they provide a feature that 99 out of 100 are going to approve that it means the game is shallow because the rest of it stinks?

The point is that this is nothing but fluff. Almost every MMO released at this point offers an excessive amount of visual customization. This video should do absolutely nothing to get anyone excited about this game. It just makes me sad that people are like oh wow I have to buy this game because of this type of video.

• RollermintRollermint Member UncommonPosts: 47

That if they provide a feature that 99 out of 100 are going to approve that it means the game is shallow because the rest of it stinks?

The point is that this is nothing but fluff. Almost every MMO released at this point offers an excessive amount of visual customization. This video should do absolutely nothing to get anyone excited about this game. It just makes me sad that people are like oh wow I have to buy this game because of this type of video.

Such a condescending attitude you have for everyone else that isn't you.

Do you seriously believe that anyone other than yourself are so shallow that they have such simplistic expectations or standards...which isn't necessarily bad, mind you, just depends on which side of the fence you are on.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps this is just one amongst many features that they find exciting in this title? This is just the extra toppings, that there are already things that made them like this title in the first place?

If you only ever get over yourself one day,  you realised what you find sad is just you being bitter that the game wasn't designed around you nor do you fall within the demographics that its looking for.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

Pretty, but still all it is, is yet another uninspired character creation that contains no out-side of the box thinking.

Who among us honestly looks at the face of their character, or the face of their friends characters more than maybe once?  

In real life: Do we walk up really close to everyone we see to look at their face to see if we recognize them?  How do we recognize friends from a distance?  We recognize them by their walk, their swagger, struct, gait.  Hair color, build and size come into play, but we know our friends because we KNOW our friends.  

I would like to see a game do the same thing.  When a game allows us to adjust which hand we swing with, adjust the length of our stride, if we have a limp, how much swagger we walk with our if we are slightly slumped, then I'll consider THAT good character creation.

I can't tell who my friends are in a game by the way they walk, every character in the game walk exactly the same way.  Every character swings a weapon, sits on the ground, dies, exactly the same way.  Put these options in character creation and then you're doing something right.

Do you seriously believe that anyone other than yourself are so shallow that they have such simplistic expectations or standards

yes I do. It has been proven time and time again that this is the case. I can't go 3 threads on this site without someone saying the graphics were too cartoony so I refused to play the game. Tons of these free to play games make their money by selling skins and fluff upgrades because players are willing to throw cash away to get things that ultimately don't matter to game play. Year after year we get sub standard products that sell just because of the graphics they put out. A resounding yes that I believe this and I have more than ample proof that it is the case.

Not a fan of PvP anymore.  My personality has changed as I gotten older and PvP just stresses me out to much.  All I want out of a game is to remind me of my times as a youth playing D&D and having epic adventures with grandiose exploration.  I love not knowing what the future holds.

With that being said I find it hard to believe anyonw who enjoyed DAoC will not have a blast in the AvA (PvP) area.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Geeky

Pretty, but still all it is, is yet another uninspired character creation that contains no out-side of the box thinking.

Who among us honestly looks at the face of their character, or the face of their friends characters more than maybe once?  

In real life: Do we walk up really close to everyone we see to look at their face to see if we recognize them?  How do we recognize friends from a distance?  We recognize them by their walk, their swagger, struct, gait.  Hair color, build and size come into play, but we know our friends because we KNOW our friends.  

I would like to see a game do the same thing.  When a game allows us to adjust which hand we swing with, adjust the length of our stride, if we have a limp, how much swagger we walk with our if we are slightly slumped, then I'll consider THAT good character creation.

I can't tell who my friends are in a game by the way they walk, every character in the game walk exactly the same way.  Every character swings a weapon, sits on the ground, dies, exactly the same way.  Put these options in character creation and then you're doing something right.

Will never happen, way to much animation work for something less then 5% of the playerbase will ever worry about.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Deathstrike2

HOLE E CRAP.  That was impressive.  This is the game I'm most looking forward to.  Can't wait to give it a shot!

Really? I guess people's expectations are pretty low - to me looks like a 7 year old character creator.

There are more options there, but I like the way ESO looks better.