Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New audio interview with Nick Konkle

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Don't want to be too anal about this but, FYI, it's not a video interview - it's an audio interview podcast over top of game play video footage from Quakecon.

Some interesting tidbits about guild stores (i.e. no global auction houses but you can buy from other guilds if they control a keep in Cyrodiil) vampires... and I think I heard vampire LORDS - anyone who has played the Dawnguard content in Skyrim wil know what I'm talking about. Good stuff about silver bolts for undead hunting.

Thanks for posting.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Fixed description, thanks. I was trying to differentiate it from an article :)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I agree, I listened to this earlier in the day and I think its good stuff.

There Is Always Hope!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Certain things are a real turn off for me ,especially since i can't stand any hand holding.This game looks a LOT like the same cheapness of Neverwinter with sparklies and i don't like when games make enemies glow with a colored hue,i don't need that to know who i am targeting,you can simply have the name of the target show up.Those colored  hues ruin a lot of immersion for me.

I realize this is only pre game visuals but i don't like the fogged view both in background and it makes it look like there is no sky.

Again i realize this is too early but the animations look bad.I just looks like they are purposely trying to tone down the graphics overall and it does not look good.You don't see any separation or quality in the armor or player clothes,everything just has a one colour hue,your entire player seems to look greyish or blueish ,similar to the look of f2p games.

You NEED to put even a tad bit of effort into the mount disappearing ,vanishing into thin air looks too fake.

Yes i like the idea of getting the feel of combat with shaking or the feel of where the attack is coming from,but idk if that is enough to save the overall look of the game.

Once again that NW feel with going from a bow>a magic cast way too quickly,instead you should see the player conjuring the magic attack and not just an automatic magic attack right from wielding the bow.The whole thing centers around what i have been saying for a long time,you need a more controlled slower combat otherwise it looks bad and fake.

You see a LOT of times where the whole area in a map just looks like one color,the theme of toning down graphics seems to be common,liek they are trying to keep cost of running the game down to a minimum to support a f2p game.

I did not see anything that looked like good combat but without playing it ,it is of course tough to really grasp it.The graphics seem to be badly compressed ,almost like that WOWish look but the textures are good and much better than Wow.Things do look overall better in the outdoor or lighted areas,the dark areas just look bad.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Iselin

Some interesting tidbits about guild stores (i.e. no global auction houses but you can buy from other guilds if they control a keep in Cyrodiil)

Do you think this means that until you've joined a guild you can't sell your crafted stuff?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Shortspell

Some interesting tidbits about guild stores (i.e. no global auction houses but you can buy from other guilds if they control a keep in Cyrodiil)

Do you think this means that until you've joined a guild you can't sell your crafted stuff?

Not enough info but it did sound like players not in a guild can go buy from a guild that has claimed a keep - not sure if it's buy only or also sell.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Not enough info but it did sound like players not in a guild can go buy from a guild that has claimed a keep - not sure if it's buy only or also sell.

Maybe you can sell stuff in their guildstore and they get a percentage of it... Which could be there to give that guild more money to invest in the upkeep and defenses of the claimed keep.. Bit indeed we do not know yet, but its definately not set intoo stone yet. Its beta and espescially this stuff needs to be ballanced in beta.

We dont know... but localised markets definately are needed to keep the games econnomy alive.  I hope it works really well, and keeps the ignorant  majorrity of players from petitioning and screeming for a single auction house , as by know expereience players allready realise that a global econnomy on mega servers will not work. And kill much of the game. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Maybe you can sell stuff in their guildstore and they get a percentage of it... Which could be there to give that guild more money to invest in the upkeep and defenses of the claimed keep.. Bit indeed we do not know yet, but its definately not set intoo stone yet. Its beta and espescially this stuff needs to be ballanced in beta.

We dont know... but localised markets definately are needed to keep the games econnomy alive.  I hope it works really well, and keeps the ignorant  majorrity of players from petitioning and screeming for a single auction house , as by know expereience players allready realise that a global econnomy on mega servers will not work. And kill much of the game. 

I like that idea

Make it so anyone can sell on your guild store but the guild that owns the keep gets to set (and keep) the tax rate for outsiders who use it, that would truly be the best system for everyone imho

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Certain things are a real turn off for me ,especially since i can't stand any hand holding.This game looks a LOT like the same cheapness of Neverwinter with sparklies and i don't like when games make enemies glow with a colored hue,i don't need that to know who i am targeting,you can simply have the name of the target show up.Those colored  hues ruin a lot of immersion for me.

I realize this is only pre game visuals but i don't like the fogged view both in background and it makes it look like there is no sky.

Again i realize this is too early but the animations look bad.I just looks like they are purposely trying to tone down the graphics overall and it does not look good.You don't see any separation or quality in the armor or player clothes,everything just has a one colour hue,your entire player seems to look greyish or blueish ,similar to the look of f2p games.

You NEED to put even a tad bit of effort into the mount disappearing ,vanishing into thin air looks too fake.

Yes i like the idea of getting the feel of combat with shaking or the feel of where the attack is coming from,but idk if that is enough to save the overall look of the game.

Once again that NW feel with going from a bow>a magic cast way too quickly,instead you should see the player conjuring the magic attack and not just an automatic magic attack right from wielding the bow.The whole thing centers around what i have been saying for a long time,you need a more controlled slower combat otherwise it looks bad and fake.

You see a LOT of times where the whole area in a map just looks like one color,the theme of toning down graphics seems to be common,liek they are trying to keep cost of running the game down to a minimum to support a f2p game.

I did not see anything that looked like good combat but without playing it ,it is of course tough to really grasp it.The graphics seem to be badly compressed ,almost like that WOWish look but the textures are good and much better than Wow.Things do look overall better in the outdoor or lighted areas,the dark areas just look bad.

The colored hues can be turned off in the settings. 

As for the rest of your post, that video is from a much earlier alpha build an has been cleaned up considerably, even the "Konk" said as much in the interview.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

It's only buy.  In order for you to sell to all then your guild will need to own an AvA keep.  Short of that you can either trade the old fashion way or sell to your guild only.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!