Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] League of Legends: Excited for LoL's Team Builder

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Riot Games unveiled the League of Legends Team Builder queue yesterday and we can't wait for it to hit live servers! Get our take and read on for more about Team Builder.

The Team Builder in its initial implementation won’t solve everything, but it has real potential to make an impact on where the champion select process goes from here. Initially, Team Builder will be available as its own queue, separate from all the other queues currently available, which means you won’t be using it for Ranked play – at least not yet. Riot wants to see how this goes and iterate on the system using feedback and analyzing the data that comes out of its use over time, so a separate queue makes sense.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Excited for LoL's Team Builder.

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I have been trying real hard not to be so negative and I am sure this has been said before, but why does league get so much attention at mmorpg.com? This game, though very popular (not sure why) can't hold a stick to the real mmorpg experience. I have played it, it just feels like nothing to me compared to mmorpg's.
  • BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

Moba's are a new game genre that deserve a place to be talked about,  Wether its RTSguru or here I dont mind,  I hope the genre can evolve because its isnanely fun and being the most popular multiplayer game out there right now i think a lot of people agree.

Also pretty much every  MMO player I talk to usually players League during MMO burnout.  

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    I have been trying real hard not to be so negative and I am sure this has been said before, but why does league get so much attention at mmorpg.com? This game, though very popular (not sure why) can't hold a stick to the real mmorpg experience. I have played it, it just feels like nothing to me compared to mmorpg's.

It really doesn't. We've had five features run on LoL this year, including my column today. I just felt like writing about it in my column.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Maybe they just stand out to me and with Genese's last week it makes it feel like league is more prominent here. Perhaps I should just apply "team builder" to mmorpg's. Yup I think that will do, Mike should I go ask why so much league news in Genese's thread just to make it even? :-)
  • PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

so the online arena battle game is being talked about again.

You know in no way shape or form is this an RPG

why its being talked about on MMORPG is very odd.

I am sure PVP only games are great to some people...but when you have only 12 maps and all you do is kill each other, I fail to see what the point to this is.

• ElboneElbone Member UncommonPosts: 87

Dude it's an RPG, whenever I'm playing Sona I keep saying "..." in all chat, that's roleplayish right there.

Also, it's massive, no debate, it's online, it's multi-player. Why does it bother people, ignore the post and move on seriously.

• longeelongee Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Elbone

Dude it's an RPG, whenever I'm playing Sona I keep saying "..." in all chat, that's roleplayish right there.

Also, it's massive, no debate, it's online, it's multi-player. Why does it bother people, ignore the post and move on seriously.

It is easier for people to vomit out their opinion at every chance, rather than simply moving on and ignoring it.

Back to topic though, I am curious of how this will affect queue times. Considering how contested mid lane is, the wait could be crazy for some players. I main support so this doesn't actually impact me much lol.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Plageron

so the online arena battle game is being talked about again.

You know in no way shape or form is this an RPG

why its being talked about on MMORPG is very odd.

I am sure PVP only games are great to some people...but when you have only 12 maps and all you do is kill each other, I fail to see what the point to this is.

And I could say the same about MMORPGs. What's the point of farming till high level to beat some stupid AI boss in a dungeon or raid that the does the same stuff over and over again without any surprises. People play PvP games for some challenge, something that doesn't happen more than a couple of times in a PvE MMO.

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    Well is an online massive game is an mmo, maybe not rpg but acomplish the part off many games here, second is good, like it or not, and third 9 years ago everybody took wow as a nuisance now mostly players of mmos think is good so is your opinion and others opinion respect them and u get respcted, dotn like it here? just dont read the article

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• SkyllzSkyllz Member Posts: 24

Very happy about this. This will allow players to come in as what they want to play and as the author mentionned, remove the toxic chat from the champion selection screen.

I am a solo player and right now I an enjoying ARAM more than anything because, quite franckly, the toxic players dont have a choice and dont have time to complain. Once the Team Builder is online, I will be first in line to try it, I hope it works out good and renews my interest in the other modes of the game.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

I just hope that you arent locked into that champion.  I like the whole role part as it moves you a little more into the genre of building comp during cue, but I also hope that the champion is just a sugession so that you will still see counter picks.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by BelegStrongbow

Moba's are a new game genre that deserve a place to be talked about,  Wether its RTSguru or here I dont mind,  I hope the genre can evolve because its isnanely fun and being the most popular multiplayer game out there right now i think a lot of people agree.

Also pretty much every  MMO player I talk to usually players League during MMO burnout.  

I must have missed something in this game...I keep reading how so many think its the funnest game ever, but when I played it I found it very boring....It felt like there was absolutely no point to the game whatsoever.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

the only thing i find that's "toxic" in the player base.. is everyone's overuse of the new BUZZ word; TOXIC. GG guys.. Phreak says it a lot so im gonna use it to describe anyone who wont let me first pick morg mid.. or even better.. a bottom pick that actually wants to CHOOSE what, where and how he plays the game.

RIOT themselves, as you so nicely quoted, DO NOT WANT TO FORCE ANY META. You then go on to reinforce this by explaining how fun it is it to try to come up with new metas and do crazy things like "double jungle".. so.. please explain to me what this "TOXIC" behavior in champ select is. Because i guarantee that 95% of what you consider  "toxic", and preventing you from playing.. is THE SAME stuff you just wrote in your article as being quintessential to what makes LOL so interesting ( evolving METAs).

Im calling you out as a hypocrite.. but really.. its your toxic use of the word toxic that got me all worked up in the first place.