Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will they play the games they review?

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
Just saw Lucy James on The Blurb referring to PS2 as a game where up to 2000 players can fight on "land, sea and air". Hope she enjoyed her time in a boat. :D

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Space Combat and Waterborne fights have been the grails since PS1. I wonder if that reviewer also played in the awesome urban maps lol.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Urban maps would be great, give Battlefield a run for its money. But we might have to leave air and even ground vehicles behind which would create a lot of angst.
    Originally posted by Scot
    Urban maps would be great, give Battlefield a run for its money. But we might have to leave air and even ground vehicles behind which would create a lot of angst.

Can you imagine Tanks and Sundies in narrow streets? Light Assaults would own in that environment. Rocket ESFs and Libs would have to do trench runs :)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Planetside 1 sort of had boats, at least, it had amphibious craft, there isnt really any water in Planetside 2 which is a bit of a shame, but either way, bit of a faux pas to include 'sea' in the descriptive image
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    This is the problem you get when you get none gamers reviewing games. Which actually seams to be happening a lot more recently. She was probably asked to speak about the game did a quick google search then cut and paste.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990

I think she is a gamer, but PS2 is not her kind of game. From what she said she did give it a go, but obviously not enough to realise that no bodies of water means no boats. :)

I did not realise PS1 had amphibious craft, that's another one I would like to see, as boats in PS2 would be a bit lame as they could not leave the water. Actually having some lakes or sea would open up stuff like an amphibious upgrade, hovercraft for TR and NC, or even The Prisoner type globes for Vanu to run across the sea in.

• gunjinngunjinn Member Posts: 24
    Lucy James  - Sarah Palin of MMOs...
    Originally posted by gunjinn

I can see Indar from my porch ...

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Pretty hilarious, rofl!

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Originally posted by gunjinn

How tempting to sink to your level and reply in kind.

• cottonhillcottonhill Member Posts: 15
    To be fair, they plan to implement seamless continent to continent travel, with sea vessels.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Looks an awful lot like someone reading off company provided bullet points (be they somewhat out of date).

But then that is nothing new in so-called games journalism...