Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Server Unification Beginning Next Week

2»

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Hope more games go the route of a "megaserver". Don't know if that's the real case here but seems to be better in the end. Glad TRION is doing this, makes people who are currently playing able to get in and get things done with more population options.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I'm actually surprised they didn't do this sooner.  Oh well, it went f2p for a reason.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Heretique
    Hope more games go the route of a "megaserver". Don't know if that's the real case here but seems to be better in the end. Glad TRION is doing this, makes people who are currently playing able to get in and get things done with more population options.

even if the reason is underpopulation, i think its a step forward

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    More MMOs need to implement layering instead of separating people by servers. At least Rift took the lead in offering free transfers so people could fix this underpopulated servers themselves.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Ender4

Having 20-50 servers is the most stupid idea in mm history. Not a single mmo I have played has extremely populated servers and the reality is they require much fewer servers.

You must be new to MMORPG then, overpopulation used to be a huge issue. I do agree with you that most games don't merge fast enough. As a game matures it loses players and you need fewer servers. Rift has been dying for quite some time, they should have merged quite a while ago. WoW should have merged a bunch of their servers already too.

They have/are.