Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Misinformation : Stop the Haters

Comments

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by VoreDock
    Originally posted by Darwa

Remember, nobody is necessarily a 'hater' just because they don't like the game you cherish.

your not a hater  your opinion is respected 

Exactly and thank you. 

Personally, I don't like SWtOR. I never have and I doubt I ever will.

Of course, I can say the same about carrots, but I'll never try and convince someone not to eat them on account of my personal taste.

Can you see how, by making this thread, you'll only elicit negativity and that could be considered trolling? (I see someone has reported the thread, presumably for that reason).

I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but by the the time I posted this, someone has already attacked me, despite me having said nothing either positive nor negative.

my goal is to show others what SWTOR is  ( players that have not played  and might want to try SWTOR ) and to stand up to the hate and  say its not ok to hate  i respect all  people even haters  you all have a right to like or not like any game  i just wanted  to set a place for real info about SWTOR  

Except half of your post was an opinion. Just sayin...

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    But it's still a wow clone........
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Remember, nobody is necessarily a 'hater' just because they don't like the game you cherish.

your not a hater  your opinion is respected 

Exactly and thank you. 

Personally, I don't like SWtOR. I never have and I doubt I ever will.

Of course, I can say the same about carrots, but I'll never try and convince someone not to eat them on account of my personal taste.

Can you see how, by making this thread, you'll only elicit negativity and that could be considered trolling? (I see someone has reported the thread, presumably for that reason).

I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but by the the time I posted this, someone has already attacked me, despite me having said nothing either positive nor negative.

lol that wasn't an attack on you... You might be the one that needs to calm down and stop being so defensive. Maybe it hit a bit close to home in your past posting ...I don't know but it was aimed at the people who really can't stop themselves when it comes to this game.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by DamonVile

If it's fun go play it. The opinions from this site have always been negative about every game but eve. They've also had no influence on the industry because developers know what kind of ppl hang out here.

When you want to get ideas for a new product you don't go to the old folks home to listen to them complain about how great everything used to be.

^^ Don't listen to this guy, he Hangs Out Here.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by FlyinDutchman87
    But it's still a wow clone........

in many ways this is both true and untrue  40 % wow clone but much better  ( no reading quests ) 

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

I'm not a "hater". I bought it, having a feeling that I'd get bored with it after a month and that, in fact, is what happened. I think I probably got my $30 worth (glad I waited a couple of months after it came out  for it to come down in price though.) The first 20 or so levels are some of the most fun I've had in any MMO. The story is pretty good and draws you in. The problem is, at least for me, that after about level 20, I started to feel like the voice acting could no longer hide how many of the quests were just "kill 10 space rats". The combat is clunky and if you play multiple classes from the same faction, which I did,  you really start to see how much content is duplicated no matter which class you play.

None of my characters actually finished their story and I thought I may go back when it went F2P. But the model is ridiculous. I refuse to pay so I can use extra hotbars. It seems like deceptive advertising to call it F2P when they charge for basic and needed things like that.

My overall impression of the game was that as KOTOR3 it wasn't bad but would have been much better if they had made it a completely single player game. As an MMO, it totally failed to convince me to play it for more than a month.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Is this thread about haters or SWTOR?

This thread has already failed its purpose - you need to forget about the haters, and thread title should have been "Information on SWTOR" and have no "haters" in it, to have been more of a success

That is a fact huh? lol. Yes you have diagnosed all those who don't like this game as having self-esteem issues. omg thank you for this. Well by that logic, if I start liking this game will I then have a great self-image?

This is a pop-psychology recipe for goodness here! You should go out on the streets and tell people to play so that they can feel good about themselves.

Best post ever

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by iridescence

I'm not a "hater". I bought it, having a feeling that I'd get bored with it after a month and that, in fact, is what happened. I think I probably got my $30 worth (glad I waited a couple of months after it came out  for it to come down in price though.) The first 20 or so levels are some of the most fun I've had in any MMO. The story is pretty good and draws you in. The problem is, at least for me, that after about level 20, I started to feel like the voice acting could no longer hide how many of the quests were just "kill 10 space rats". The combat is clunky and if you play multiple classes from the same faction, which I did,  you really start to see how much content is duplicated no matter which class you play.

None of my characters actually finished their story and I thought I may go back when it went F2P. But the model is ridiculous. I refuse to pay so I can use extra hotbars. It seems like deceptive advertising to call it F2P when they charge for basic and needed things like that.

My overall impression of the game was that as KOTOR3 it wasn't bad but would have been much better if they had made it a completely single player game. As an MMO, it totally failed to convince me to play it for more than a month.

Just a note they removed that stupid limitation a while back.  It's really easy to play level 1 to max without spending a dime especially if you own a box copy of the game as long as you don't care about space combat, PVP or Dungeons more than very rarely.  It's only at cap that the need to spend money or subscribe really hits in.

In many regrades the best part of SWTOR is the part that is free and the weakest part of the game is the part they are charging for.  Kind of funny when you think about it.

I invite you back all of this has been fixed you have spent  money on the games   so you would be a perfired player 

the hotbar problem is gone  only 100 % F2P players have 2 hotbars  all others have 4 or 6 and you can get up to 8 off the GTN the in game auction house sence you subbed you should have 6 hotbars SWTOR never had more then 6 hotbars  untill  RoTHC exp then 2 were added at players request but everyone must bye the 2 extra ones even subs if you want them 

SWTOR does not charge players for needed items  unless you have never payed a dime for SWTOR after you spend 5 $ one time your prefired  player 

You can even earn cash shop coins for in game achvements almost everything in the cash shop is on the GTN the in game auction house  for credits  the in game money 

• RoshaRosha Member UncommonPosts: 29

show me another game with 8 storylines all voiced that branch into 16 at the then mid LV  and flashpoints are added offten  the flashpoints all have their own storylines some even ark 2 or 3 flashpoints and you can group with friends on each so you can see other stories than your own  

Minus the voiceovers...  most MMOs, right back to grandaddy EverQuest.

Back in my day even weapons and armor had quests, not just some "simple" crafting process after killing a boss or two.

I invite you back all of this has been fixed you have spent  money on the games   so you would be a perfired player 

the hotbar problem is gone  only 100 % F2P players have 2 hotbars  all others have 4 or 6 and you can get up to 8 off the GTN the in game auction house sence you subbed you should have 6 hotbars SWTOR never had more then 6 hotbars  untill  RoTHC exp then 2 were added at players request but everyone must bye the 2 extra ones even subs if you want them 

SWTOR does not charge players for needed items  unless you have never payed a dime for SWTOR after you spend 5 $ one time your prefired  player 

You can even earn cash shop coins for in game achvements almost everything in the cash shop is on the GTN the in game auction house  for credits  the in game money 

Andryah is that you?

you can get exp boosts as quest rewards  and  earn cash shop coins for achevements

if you get a secuarty key  5$ us you get 20 cash shop coins every month 

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    Originally posted by Ppiper

This post is for real info about SWTOR if you have real info have played the game for the last few months and have something to post that is real not hate then plz post  SWTOR is not SWG it have never been trying to be SWG infact the 2 have nothing to do with each other.

SWTOR is not pay to win

SWTOR is not dead or dieing

SWTOR is not low pop or empty

SWTOR is not something you must spend money on ( but $ 5 us spent one time will make your game more fun )

SWTOR is fun both as PVP and PVE even for free players

SWTOR is a AAA gaming exp. ( close to that of MASS EFFECT )

SWTOR is your story  you can share it with friends.

SWTOR has subs if you want them  ( if you sub all restrictions are lifted  )

if you have real questions or any real info you want to add plz do  

NO HATERS PLZ 

I think you're confusing hatred with disappointment.

+1 Also Vore why you wasting time trying to convince folks that SWTOR is all of a sudden the EPIC game they claimed it to be many moons ago. If it's that good wtf you doing wasting time in here go play it!!!

Not sure if you noticed but they LIED to us all...

Bandit.

The word "LIED" implies deliberate and calculated attempt to deceive the game community and my feeling is that is not what happened.  I think they had every intention of delivering the game they talked about but in the end they just could not make the vision turn into a working reality with the budget and time frame they had.  

I don't believe that companies that want to sell long term relationship services like MMO's to players deliberately set out to deceive them because there is no sense in that.  That only works if you want to grab the money and run sort of speak which the subscription model doesn't really lend well to.  Now F2P and B2P games could be but not always are a very different story.

More likely the developers fell victim to their own hype and drastically underestimated how long and how much it was going to cost to take a game from mostly complete to done.  It's a pretty common occurrence in the video game industry actually.

Dress it up how you like I stopped playing because they said one thing and did another. They offered us the moon on a stick and then gave us a stick. I paid 6 months subs and then played it and left after 6 months and will not return as I have no trust in them at all. So they can bring out whatever they want to try and get people to return but imo once trust has gone how can you support any business based on none factual information. Where I live that's called miss-selling not sure what you call it where you live.!!!

I'm glad you people who are still supporting the game enjoy it but don't bash us people who feel let down, or as I put it RIPPED OFF!!!

Asbo

Dress it up how you like I stopped playing because they said one thing and did another. They offered us the moon on a stick and then gave us a stick. I paid 6 months subs and then played it and left after 6 months and will not return as I have no trust in them at all. So they can bring out whatever they want to try and get people to return but imo once trust has gone how can you support any business based on none factual information. Where I live that's called miss-selling not sure what you call it where you live.!!!

I'm glad you people who are still supporting the game enjoy it but don't bash us people who feel let down, or as I put it RIPPED OFF!!!

I wont lie the F2P cross over was botched  but  they  here us and just like the mass effect 3 ending  they fixed it  and are improveing  the game  with each patch  

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

I wont lie the F2P cross over was botched  but  they  here us and just like the mass effect 3 ending  they fixed it  and are improveing  the game  with each patch  

One thing ill give the game now, its hardmode dungons are pretty good. They are hard, have optional "harder" bosses in them, and the optional harder bosses even have enrage timers.

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by doodphace

One thing ill give the game now, its hardmode dungons are pretty good. They are hard, have optional "harder" bosses in them, and the optional harder bosses even have enrage timers.

Its been like that since launch. In fact most of regular bosses in lvl50 hardmodes have enrage timers.

Regular bosses in lvl55 hardmodes, otoh, dont have them.

So i digress, its not like at launch ;P

• CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121

This post is for real info about SWTOR if you have real info have played the game for the last few months and have something to post that is real not hate then plz post  SWTOR is not SWG it have never been trying to be SWG infact the 2 have nothing to do with each other.

SWTOR is not pay to win -SWTOR is absolutely paw to win. As a free player you can't equip purples, you don't have enough slot bars for spells/abilities and you don't have enough money to buy gear or unlocks because of money limit.

SWTOR is not dead or dieing -for me is dead

SWTOR is not something you must spend money on ( but $ 5 us spent one time will make your game more fun ) -you must to spent a lot more money to have some fun.

SWTOR is fun both as PVP and PVE even for free players - as free player is not fun.. is just frustrating every second.

NO HATERS PLZ Bioware lie when they claim that their game is F2P, so the hate is a normal reaction from players

Originally posted by didjerama
    Its been like that since launch. In fact most of regular bosses in lvl50 hardmodes have enrage timers. Regular bosses in lvl55 hardmodes, otoh, dont have them.

not true nightmare mode was added with RoTHC
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Originally posted by DamonVile

You're a hater when you can't stop yourself from posting in any thread that even remotely tries to be positive about a game you don't like. And when you don't really have anything new to add, you've said it all a thousand times before but, you just want to make sure everyone knows your opinion is fact and the game is not good.

[mod edit]

The game is fun and some like it some don't. Thing is these same people don't see how when you need a group in SWTOR it takes less time to get one than any other game out there including wow.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Its been like that since launch. In fact most of regular bosses in lvl50 hardmodes have enrage timers. Regular bosses in lvl55 hardmodes, otoh, dont have them.

not true nightmare mode was added with RoTHC

Theres no nightmare mode in dungeons....

And, both EV and KP had NiM....since launch

Sometimes i wonder if some people actually played the game.

Or what kind of people make this kind of threads.

Originally posted by CIB3

SWTOR is not pay to win -SWTOR is absolutely paw to win. As a free player you can't equip purples, you don't have enough slot bars for spells/abilities and you don't have enough money to buy gear or unlocks because of money limit.  yes credit limit  250 for free or 350 k for  prefired  | you can  unlock purples i unlocked it on the gtn for 100 k 

SWTOR is not dead or dieing -for me is dead

SWTOR is not something you must spend money on ( but $ 5 us spent one time will make your game more fun ) -you must to spent a lot more money to have some fun.

SWTOR is fun both as PVP and PVE even for free players - as free player is not fun.. is just frustrating every second.

NO HATERS PLZ Bioware lie when they claim that their game is F2P, so the hate is a normal reaction from players

not true 

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Its been like that since launch. In fact most of regular bosses in lvl50 hardmodes have enrage timers.

Holy bipolar post batman :P

Holy bipolar post batman :P

Yah, been a long long time since i played lvl50 hardmodes, almost 2 years ;P

This discussion has been closed.