Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Misinformation : Stop the Haters

VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128

This post is for real info about SWTOR if you have real info have played the game for the last few months and have something to post that is real not hate then plz post  SWTOR is not SWG it have never been trying to be SWG infact the 2 have nothing to do with each other.

SWTOR is not pay to win

SWTOR is not dead or dieing

SWTOR is not low pop or empty

SWTOR is not something you must spend money on ( but $ 5 us spent one time will make your game more fun )

SWTOR is fun both as PVP and PVE even for free players

SWTOR is a AAA gaming exp. ( close to that of MASS EFFECT )

SWTOR is your story  you can share it with friends.

SWTOR has subs if you want them  ( if you sub all restrictions are lifted  )

if you have real questions or any real info you want to add plz do  

NO HATERS PLZ 

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Ine thing, it is not "your" story. Everybody of the same class gets the same story.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If it's fun go play it. The opinions from this site have always been negative about every game but eve. They've also had no influence on the industry because developers know what kind of ppl hang out here.

When you want to get ideas for a new product you don't go to the old folks home to listen to them complain about how great everything used to be.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

SWTOR definitely had some fun parts. Here is what I did not like about it.

1. The combat/Movement isn't as smooth as I like. It isn't as bad as say WAR or Rift but it doesn't flow like WoW or GW2.

2. The space missions are on rails. This is one area they really could have sold me on, if it was more like playing X-Wing instead of locking me into a certain path.

3. The population isn't really very high and it is very top heavy. While leveling I could go hours without seeing anyone else.

4. It throws the cash shop in your face constantly. Probably more than any other game I ran into the game wanting me to buy stuff. I did sub for a month so got the partial package but it is just obtrusive.

5. Pretty bland combat.

6. The crafting system is awful.

I did enjoy their dungeons and I liked having the space missions as an alternate thing to do. Ultimately I got bored of the game before even reaching max level though. Pretty uninspired combat system when combined with pretty bland quest hub style gameplay is a hard sell to me these days. I also liked that there were group quests that I was able to do with my companion so I could actually have some difficult content while solo. Blowing through a bunch of trivial content is a real game killer for me so this was nice. At the end of the day it is a clunkier WoW in space.

• VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by lugal
    Ine thing, it is not "your" story. Everybody of the same class gets the same story.

this is true but it is a deeply personal story  show me another game with 8 storylines all voiced that branch into 16 at the then mid LV  and flashpoints are added offten  the flashpoints all have their own storylines some even ark 2 or 3 flashpoints and you can group with friends on each so you can see other stories than your own  

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    I mostly disagree with the points you provided (apart from one or two: it has a sub and arguable it is dying). Does that makes me a hater or simply a person that disagrees with you?
  • FrostveinFrostvein Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by VoreDock

This post is for real info about SWTOR if you have real info have played the game for the last few months and have something to post that is real not hate then plz post  SWTOR is not SWG it have never been trying to be SWG infact the 2 have nothing to do with each other.

SWTOR is not pay to win

SWTOR is not something you must spend money on ( but $ 5 us spent one time will make your game more fun )

NO HATERS PLZ 

Half of those are opinions or things you can't prove.

You don't know for a fact how healthy the game is. You don't know for a fact how high/low the population is. Its also your opinion that the game is fun, or that the experience is close to that of Mass Effect. 

So when you claim these things without being able to back them up, it makes you look just as irrational as the "HATERZ" that you infer don't like the game because it isn't SWG.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Remember, nobody is necessarily a 'hater' just because they don't like the game you cherish.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by youvewasted2yrs

(mod edited)

This is a wonderful Non Sequitur. Threads like this needs to be made? Really?

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Darwa

Remember, nobody is necessarily a 'hater' just because they don't like the game you cherish.

You're a hater when you can't stop yourself from posting in any thread that even remotely tries to be positive about a game you don't like. And when you don't really have anything new to add, you've said it all a thousand times before but, you just want to make sure everyone knows your opinion is fact and the game is not good.

Originally posted by Ender4

SWTOR definitely had some fun parts. Here is what I did not like about it.

1. The combat/Movement isn't as smooth as I like. It isn't as bad as say WAR or Rift but it doesn't flow like WoW or GW2.

2. The space missions are on rails. This is one area they really could have sold me on, if it was more like playing X-Wing instead of locking me into a certain path.

3. The population isn't really very high and it is very top heavy. While leveling I could go hours without seeing anyone else.

4. It throws the cash shop in your face constantly. Probably more than any other game I ran into the game wanting me to buy stuff. I did sub for a month so got the partial package but it is just obtrusive.

5. Pretty bland combat.

6. The crafting system is awful.

I did enjoy their dungeons and I liked having the space missions as an alternate thing to do. Ultimately I got bored of the game before even reaching max level though. Pretty uninspired combat system when combined with pretty bland quest hub style gameplay is a hard sell to me these days. At the end of the day it is a clunkier WoW in space.

then next exp pack ( witch is free to all ) takes the new space combat off the rails. 

the combat  movement has been overhauled 

the pop is high servers have been combined SWTOR has over 100 servers per regen at lunch now has 10 per regen 

The crafting system needs time  you must put the time in 

the cash shop is put in your face allot even if you sub  ( but if you sub all you need cash shop for is cosmetic items)

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

SWTOR is not pay to win   - I would not call this game P2W either.

SWTOR is not dead or dieing  -  I guess that depends on how you define it.  The beginning and end seem to be fine but the middle of the game often feels very dead with some worlds having only a handful of people on them all doing their own thing.  I don't think that's different than any other older game but it is what it is.

SWTOR is not low pop or empty - Again I guess that depends on what you are looking to do.  If you like to group up between level's 10 and 50 you are likely to be in for a hard time.

SWTOR is not something you must spend money on ( but $ 5 us spent one time will make your game more fun ) - It is very possible to play the game to max level without ever spending a dime or just a little bit like you said.  I can't imagine trying to do anything meaninful max level without a subscription or buying at least some of the passes to one of the end game activities.  I guess you could farm solo dailies forever if that was your thing.

SWTOR is fun both as PVP and PVE even for free players - Fun is subjective but I would say if you like story driven PVE or arena PVP it's a good game.  If you are looking for more sandbox elements you are likely to not find them. 

SWTOR is a AAA gaming exp. ( close to that of MASS EFFECT ) - There is a balance point here but I think SWTOR put to much focus on the single players story and not enough on the MMO.  My opinion to be sure but one I think many others share.  I enjoyed my time in SWTOR as a single player game and hated my time in SWTOR as a MMO.

SWTOR is your story  you can share it with friends. - Kind of.  My problem with story heavy MMO's has been that I have not played one yet that really makes it easy to share as you would put it.  Sure people can help you but why should they as they are seeing only a single part of the story unless they stick with you start to finish.  It's like watching 10 5 minute clips of a movie and trying to piece the story together.

SWTOR has subs if you want them  ( if you sub all restrictions are lifted  ) - I wouldn't consider Sub's optional at max level.

NO HATERS PLZ  - I don't hate the game but I am critical of it. 

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r
    I mostly disagree with the points you provided (apart from one or two: it has a sub and arguable it is dying). Does that makes me a hater or simply a person that disagrees with you?

your not a hater because your not trying to get the world  to kill SWTOR  or  fliping because its not SWG  your opinion is respected 

• CKPlayGameCKPlayGame Member UncommonPosts: 33

Just because people have different opinion, they are haters?

interesting......

your not a hater  your opinion is respected 

my goal here is to disprove misinformation i never said everyone would like SWTOR  and even if you don't like it plz post info that is true  but as  allot of you have pointed out  people here hijack anything SWTOR and the hate starts  i am saying lets all stand up to the hate and tell the haters its not ok  
    Originally posted by youvewasted2yrs
    (move along, nothing to see here)

NODS 

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Exactly and thank you. 

Personally, I don't like SWtOR. I never have and I doubt I ever will.

Of course, I can say the same about carrots, but I'll never try and convince someone not to eat them on account of my personal taste.

Can you see how, by making this thread, you'll only elicit negativity and that could be considered trolling? (I see someone has reported the thread, presumably for that reason).

I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but by the the time I posted this, someone has already attacked me, despite me having said nothing either positive nor negative.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Ppiper

SWTOR is not pay to win

NO HATERS PLZ 

I think you're confusing hatred with disappointment.

+1 Also Vore why you wasting time trying to convince folks that SWTOR is all of a sudden the EPIC game they claimed it to be many moons ago. If it's that good wtf you doing wasting time in here go play it!!!

Not sure if you noticed but they LIED to us all...

Bandit.

Asbo

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by lugal

this is true but it is a deeply personal story  show me another game with 8 storylines all voiced that branch into 16 at the then mid LV  and flashpoints are added offten  the flashpoints all have their own storylines some even ark 2 or 3 flashpoints and you can group with friends on each so you can see other stories than your own  

Ah, so that's where all that budget went!

Originally posted by udon

SWTOR is not pay to win   - I would not call this game P2W either.

SWTOR is not dead or dieing  -  I guess that depends on how you define it.  The beginning and end seem to be fine but the middle of the game often feels very dead with some worlds having only a handful of people on them all doing their own thing.  I don't think that's different than any other older game but it is what it is.

SWTOR is not low pop or empty - Again I guess that depends on what you are looking to do.  If you like to group up between level's 10 and 50 you are likely to be in for a hard time.

SWTOR is not something you must spend money on ( but $ 5 us spent one time will make your game more fun ) - It is very possible to play the game to max level without ever spending a dime or just a little bit like you said.  I can't imagine trying to do anything meaninful max level without a subscription or buying at least some of the passes to one of the end game activities.  I guess you could farm solo dailies forever if that was your thing.

SWTOR is fun both as PVP and PVE even for free players - Fun is subjective but I would say if you like story driven PVE or arena PVP it's a good game.  If you are looking for more sandbox elements you are likely to not find them. 

SWTOR is a AAA gaming exp. ( close to that of MASS EFFECT ) - There is a balance point here but I think SWTOR put to much focus on the single players story and not enough on the MMO.  My opinion to be sure but one I think many others share.  I enjoyed my time in SWTOR as a single player game and hated my time in SWTOR as a MMO.

SWTOR is your story  you can share it with friends. - Kind of.  My problem with story heavy MMO's has been that I have not played one yet that really makes it easy to share as you would put it.  Sure people can help you but why should they as they are seeing only a single part of the story unless they stick with you start to finish.  It's like watching 10 5 minute clips of a movie and trying to piece the story together.

SWTOR has subs if you want them  ( if you sub all restrictions are lifted  ) - I wouldn't consider Sub's optional at max level.

NO HATERS PLZ  - I don't hate the game but I am critical of it. 

your opinion is respected  and SWTOR is no sandbox  your right on many points  but i have to say no on pop as allot of f2p players are now mid LV 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

Everyone is entitled to not like a game.. whatever. But it turns into hate when EVERY SINGLE GOT DAMN SWTOR THREAD IS FULL OF THE SAME PEOPLE SAYING HOW MUCH IT FAILED.. literally, the same people.. saying the same shit almost every single time. Like dude.. get a life. The game isnt that fucking bad and there arent many options better than it. Hey I dont like onions on my burgers.. but im not going to every store that sells them or every review on onion stew trying to detract and distract people who actually might like onion. That would make me a old hipster bitch (OHB) like 95% of people on this site. 

People who enjoy the game for what it is do a few things :

They understand its not the only game option out there.

They understand its not SWG and isnt trying to be.

They play the damn thing. There isnt a  "it has a F2P option so it must be fail syndrome"

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Lots of opinions.... Which is basically misinformation. Just because you want something to be true does not make it so.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Exactly and thank you. 

Personally, I don't like SWtOR. I never have and I doubt I ever will.

Of course, I can say the same about carrots, but I'll never try and convince someone not to eat them on account of my personal taste.

Can you see how, by making this thread, you'll only elicit negativity and that could be considered trolling? (I see someone has reported the thread, presumably for that reason).

I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but by the the time I posted this, someone has already attacked me, despite me having said nothing either positive nor negative.

my goal is to show others what SWTOR is  ( players that have not played  and might want to try SWTOR ) and to stand up to the hate and  say its not ok to hate  i respect all  people even haters  you all have a right to like or not like any game  i just wanted  to set a place for real info about SWTOR  

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    Originally posted by Ppiper

SWTOR is not pay to win

NO HATERS PLZ 

I think you're confusing hatred with disappointment.

+1 Also Vore why you wasting time trying to convince folks that SWTOR is all of a sudden the EPIC game they claimed it to be many moons ago. If it's that good wtf you doing wasting time in here go play it!!!

Not sure if you noticed but they LIED to us all...

Bandit.

The word "LIED" implies deliberate and calculated attempt to deceive the game community and my feeling is that is not what happened.  I think they had every intention of delivering the game they talked about but in the end they just could not make the vision turn into a working reality with the budget and time frame they had.  

I don't believe that companies that want to sell long term relationship services like MMO's to players deliberately set out to deceive them because there is no sense in that.  That only works if you want to grab the money and run sort of speak which the subscription model doesn't really lend well to.  Now F2P and B2P games could be but not always are a very different story.

More likely the developers fell victim to their own hype and drastically underestimated how long and how much it was going to cost to take a game from mostly complete to done.  It's a pretty common occurrence in the video game industry actually.

Originally posted by klash2def

Everyone is entitled to not like a game.. whatever. But it turns into hate when EVERY SINGLE GOT DAMN SWTOR THREAD IS FULL OF THE SAME PEOPLE SAYING HOW MUCH IT FAILED.. literally, the same people.. saying the same shit almost every single time. Like dude.. get a life. The game isnt that fucking bad and there arent many options better than it. Hey I dont like onions on my burgers.. but im not going to every store that sells them or every review on onion stew trying to detract and distract people who actually might like onion. That would make me a old hipster bitch (OHB) like 95% of people on this site. 

People who enjoy the game for what it is do a few things :

They understand its not the only game option out there.

They understand its not SWG and isnt trying to be.

They play the damn thing. There isnt a  "it has a F2P option so it must be fail syndrome"

Thank you this is the whole hate point 

This discussion has been closed.