Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Dark Devices FATE is now nerfed (this morning's patch)

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,518Member Uncommon

So no more 200k+ XP in 10min.

Just FYI - looking for alternate farm sites.

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon

So they waited till enough People were Level 50 to start rolling endgame and then they finally gonna nerf it.

SE is just as bad as SOE when it comes to crap like this. Anyone remember "The Hole" in EQ2 (as one of many examples in EQ2's history) ?  /shrug

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,518Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JeroKane

So they waited till enough People were Level 50 to start rolling endgame and then they finally gonna nerf it.

SE is just as bad as SOE when it comes to crap like this. Anyone remember "The Hole" in EQ2 (as one of many examples in EQ2's history) ?  /shrug

I think they just didn't realize that players would exploit the endless spawning mobs, they thought that people would kill the boss instead.

Either way... its gone. I am thinking Dragonhead area could be a good alternate spot for xp chains.

• k11keeperk11keeper Kalama, WAPosts: 1,056Member Uncommon
    Well on my server you have people ignore the amazing xp and kill the boss to end the fate too quickly about 50% of the time anyway so it's not going to change much for me. Some seem to be trolls others seem to be idiots. Kinda stinks cause my next 50 was gonna be blm which is super useful there but I'm over it.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,587Member Uncommon
    Had the same issue. Troll guild loved to hang out in DD and kill lambs.
  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon
    Well, people have told square since closed beta phase 1 or 2 of ARR that fates allowed you to level way to fast, but they didn't listen like usual. I quit the game like 2-3 weeks ago, nothing to do at 50 that was actually intersting. Fate grinding an alt while fast was extremly boring to me to the point I just lost interest in the game. Hows the population?

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Siveria
    Well, people have told square since closed beta phase 1 or 2 of ARR that fates allowed you to level way to fast, but they didn't listen like usual. I quit the game like 2-3 weeks ago, nothing to do at 50 that was actually intersting. Fate grinding an alt while fast was extremly boring to me to the point I just lost interest in the game. Hows the population?
    It's fine. Thanks for asking.
  • EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Tulsa, OKPosts: 549Member

So they fixed an exploit that's cool.... Not sure why its a big deal that it deserves a  thread. Now if you started one about all the fixes in the patch thats one thing...... but ya 

You all do know that MMOs are like the special olympics ... everyone gets a medal just for showing up. 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar drummondville, QCPosts: 7,987Member
    there are lot of ways to level up quick .
  • RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,173Member Uncommon

Good.

• AlamarethAlamareth Cincinnati, OHPosts: 570Member

Other options still exist...

Hint: Think of turn-in FATES.

• Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Madelia, MNPosts: 47Member Common
    Originally posted by Alamareth

Except there are always people who constantly turn in items. The thing I hate about this is Fates are a lot of times slow to spawn and DD could be the only fate up for quite sometime...now it's back to just standing around the crystal for 80% of your time there.

• AlamarethAlamareth Cincinnati, OHPosts: 570Member
    Originally posted by Majin_Jubei
    Originally posted by Alamareth

Except there are always people who constantly turn in items. The thing I hate about this is Fates are a lot of times slow to spawn and DD could be the only fate up for quite sometime...now it's back to just standing around the crystal for 80% of your time there.

People had to learn not to continue the process on Dark Devices too....

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Harrisonburg, VAPosts: 305Member Uncommon
    Good.  If they start nerfing FATES then maybe they can work on a better way for people to level. 
  • CrimsonFalkonCrimsonFalkon Omaha, NEPosts: 41Member Uncommon

Maybe if folks were not is such a hurry to blow through a game these days and get to the "end game" this wouldn't be an issue! 

Just saying....

• drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,242Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Siveria

I get Q's every time I log in so pretty good I'm betting.

• CymdaiCymdai Raleigh, NCPosts: 1,083Member

This is only alarming because they stated it was working as intended like what, 2 weeks ago?

Working as intended =/= nerfs.

The damage is already done anyway. People who wanted to get a second or third job to level 50 did so, no doubt.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

Originally posted by Cymdai

This is only alarming because they stated it was working as intended like what, 2 weeks ago?

Working as intended =/= nerfs.

The damage is already done anyway. People who wanted to get a second or third job to level 50 did so, no doubt.

It was only this one fate. Plus there are many people just getting the game and lvling their second class I'm sure.

• jdnycjdnyc Long Island City, NYPosts: 1,696Member

Love how people act as if leveling fast is some kind of right.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKPosts: 584Member
    Well you can still get a ton of exp . But people end the fates to fast . The fates where you gather an item for the NPC.if you farm that fate(s) you can gain upto 30-50k and hand in items with one min. left then rather then getting 5 items and turning in right away.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,042Member Uncommon
    Personally I think this is a positive development.

There Is Always Hope!

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member

Exping is fast enough this really doesn't matter much.

I mean we're basically talking about it taking a few hours longer to get from 45-50 than before.

• PpiperPpiper Horsham, PAPosts: 648Member Uncommon
    /yawn... who cares, This game is a bore fest
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    /yawn... who cares, This game is a bore fest

Very constructive sir, but then again we know your not here to be that.