Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just played Archeage...

Comments

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Is it tab targeting or action combat? That is all the info I need to know if I will play this or not.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Braindome
    Is it tab targeting or action combat? That is all the info I need to know if I will play this or not.

Its classic tab target.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well i have followed the game for a very long time as well and yes i agree it is for certain a Triple A game but it lacks in some areas.Not so much lacks but just does a few things i don't like.Example the whole Castle idea i don't like,anything that favors MORE players i don't like,content should be fully open and FAIR to all sized guilds.

Housing could be better and too much focus on pvp,i really don't like pvp at all,so i want a full game that does not rely on pvp.

As for cheese,i really don't like the instant glide effect from water,that is not realistic at all.You should not be able to glide out of water unless of course you were being pulled by a speed boat,which is not happening.A lot might have changed since the early days but i also remember the storage system needing a huge overhaul because a bunch of ugly boxes piled up around your house looks dumb.

There were a few other things i didn't like but over all i found  the game to be very good,however i would need to play the English version to understand all the settings/choices.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

So you automatically like/dislike any game that has the targeting system you prefer? Must be nice.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    I m waiting both AA and EQ Next. I think this time we will get 2 excellent mmo titles...AT LAST!
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Well i have followed the game for a very long time as well and yes i agree it is for certain a Triple A game but it lacks in some areas.Not so much lacks but just does a few things i don't like.Example the whole Castle idea i don't like,anything that favors MORE players i don't like,content should be fully open and FAIR to all sized guilds.

Housing could be better and too much focus on pvp,i really don't like pvp at all,so i want a full game that does not rely on pvp.

As for cheese,i really don't like the instant glide effect from water,that is not realistic at all.You should not be able to glide out of water unless of course you were being pulled by a speed boat,which is not happening.A lot might have changed since the early days but i also remember the storage system needing a huge overhaul because a bunch of ugly boxes piled up around your house looks dumb.

There were a few other things i didn't like but over all i found  the game to be very good,however i would need to play the English version to understand all the settings/choices.

There are  2 out of 3 continents without free for all PvP . The castle sieges are balanced towards smaller guilds the way they designed to avoid zerging.

However for whhatever feature is in AA lacking there are several that even don' exist in other games.

AA is the most feature rich game afaik. All others looks limited in front of AA.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• flyingltjflyingltj Member Posts: 4

"action" targeting is for first person shooters, or people who're handicap and don't have the proper number of digits on their hands to operate a keyboard.

If you want to play a first person shooter, then go play a first person shooter.  AA will be better off without the first person shooter community anyway.

Wooooooooooooooooo

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by flyingltj

"action" targeting is for first person shooters, or people who're handicap and don't have the proper number of digits on their hands to operate a keyboard.

If you want to play a first person shooter, then go play a first person shooter.  AA will be better off without the first person shooter community anyway.

That's a nice point of view there, shame that tab targeting games are botting havens and thus prone as all hell to gold spammers. Neither tab nor action combat are superior to one another, both have their place and both have their downsides and upsides, what people need to do is know that simple fact.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Not that well up on this apart from seeing a few promo videos.

Just one question if anyone knows - are there both pvp and pve servers?

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by JudgeUK
    Just one question if anyone knows - are there both pvp and pve servers?

No

• moura23moura23 Member Posts: 3
    you is just a giant luck maaaaan i want nowwww archeage best game ever
  • MandibleMandible Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by KeksX

Just gonna leave this here...

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1804-56kphone-warning-personal-review-what-you-should-know-about-archeage/

Wow, best summary of Archeage I've seen yet.... 

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

This game will be a complete flop just like Rift. 4 years from now people will be defending it while it is a ghost town. One of the least appealing bigger name MMORPG to be coming out soon.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Most complete MMORPG ever. Has content for playstyles all other MMORPG's have together, barely something is missing .

Most promising title to launch in west  since SWG.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• NinjaGazNinjaGaz Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Mandible

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1804-56kphone-warning-personal-review-what-you-should-know-about-archeage/

It is a great post. I was enjoying it until I read about castle sieges...

[quote] it also creates a pay-to-win environment, because after you succesfully got a castle you can establish a system where you simply never lose the castle again by just making enough money. In a F2P game, like it is in korea, where you have a massive item shop, this is really easily done by investing real money. Let's hope Trion won't go down this path or a really big part of the game will be destroyed.[/quote]

What a damned shame! I look forward to the day that the free to play games die out!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Lets hope TRION even want's to be on this path.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

That's a nice point of view there, shame that tab targeting games are botting havens and thus prone as all hell to gold spammers.

And the action type games are havens for aimbot and speedhack cheaters.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by hairyleg

http://www.doom-gaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=6725

Go there anyone can play it ;)

I am really tempted to use this but

Is it legit? Is the site trustworthy?

Also, I am assuming the game and GUI will be in Korean? How can we do shit then?

Sheesh just play the chinese or russian builds then you dont have to break international law forging a korean ID #.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Mandible

Agreed, very informative and interesting.  Bookmarked it, to look at later.

I have one question tho.  When will spaceships be implemented??  Seems to be the only thing missing here.

This is a game I might look at in 5 years if there is ever an English version and it is F2P.

For now, just a mild curiousity!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by flyingltj

There are people who prefers more reflex-based content. There are those who prefer playing the numbers. Don't you go saying one is for FPS, and imply that the other is the one more worthy. That is why we have Action RPGs, and MMOs that have action combat (because "action" is NOT just for FPS).

The guy you quoted wasn't even forcing for AA to go the action combat route. If he doesn't want to play it, why did you get all defensive?

• OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by psii

Sheesh just play the chinese or russian builds then you dont have to break international law forging a korean ID #.

How?  I really have no idea what you'd do if you want to play the chinese or russian builds.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

So the OP is playing a game that is in Korean, a language in which he can't read or speak, is only level 3 and can't figure out what to do or how to even fix the mouse inversion issues and just wanders around aimlessly all day.  And is trying to convince myself and the general public that this game is the greatest thing since sliced pizza?!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    I just watched a 45 minute video of someone playing archeage on twitch tv. It looks exactly like FF ARR to me. Bad, bad, bad. Even in English it doesn't look like it's anything but another boring quest hub hopper.