Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Overcome Pay2Win and be viable

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Overcoming Pay2win

I decided to do a break down on how to get by Age of Wushu's pay2win aspects.
For the most part it's really not that hard to overcome a paid player. You just need a push in the right direction. Below is a few examples of how that can be done.

Exp Limit= Leave your account online somewhere. It is wise to leave it online somewhere that has a high cultivation rate.

Chi Limit= Fight Heroes through out the world. The all drop chi pills which can level to the  limit fast. You can even hold the pills for a day. So you can farm one day. And not have to do it the next day if you farm enough.

Have Multiple Alts= Being Self sustaining saves you money in this game. Also will make you strong fast. Just as fast as anyone buying their way to strength. As long as you put in work in tradeskill alt characters.

Divinity= The most weird skill to have. That at high levels is very awesome. But no one does it or uses it, due to lack of population.

Sign In= Do this everyday the rewards scale and it's free loot. Also try to log in during 6pm-9pm server time for extra rewards. And a chance at a rare skill.

Farm Factions= it's a good source of loot free skills and chi leveling. This is best done with a friend or random party members.

Farm Dungeons= This maybe the best thing you can do. Dungeons drop skills and expensive items you can sell. Then you can run off and buy whatever you want.

You will notice I left out most pvping. If you can fight or know how. Or even learn the ropes you can add all of those methods in. And you will be better off, and I suggest doing so. But this is for the people coming in thrown to the wolves. Who will struggle and be discouraged thinking they have no hope. That is entirely false and just showing the way.

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    So basically a player will have to slave himself/herself in the game if s/he doesn't want to spend outrageous amount of money in the pay2win game. haven't players been doing this in every single pay2win f2p mmorpg? i saw people doing it in perfect world international, in shaiya, in Runes of magic, Allods  and many others. you just created a post suggesting that people should just increase the amount of time they slave themselves in this shitty pay2win game. not cool man.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Don't think of Wushu as a f2p. In my opinion it's a sub (9$) game with an unlimited free trial. 99% of the game is open to you for free. You will progress much slower though. 

I don't think it's necessary to have crafting alt though. Work your professions. You can have, one manufacturing (until near current endgame) any or all the gathering professions. One cultural (Painting, calligraphy, weiqi), two market place (begging, divining) professions. I don't have a crafting alt.

Here's another good thing for new players. Do your spy missions, and sell your badges. Mast badge crates sell for 250-300 silver. Once you get on your feet, you can always buy them off the market when you need the. I have still have never done a spy mission though :p

Good advice given by OP though. 

edit -  You can spend silver on gear, skills, or yourself (internal skill). Spend some on your body sometimes instead of the shiny piece of gear that give 8 stats.. or that flashy skill  ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    So basically a player will have to slave himself/herself in the game if s/he doesn't want to spend outrageous amount of money in the pay2win game. haven't players been doing this in every single pay2win f2p mmorpg? i saw people doing it in perfect world international, in shaiya, in Runes of magic, Allods  and many others. you just created a post suggesting that people should just increase the amount of time they slave themselves in this shitty pay2win game. not cool man.

lmao no dude... The p2w as in players who sub have an advantage. The suggestions made by OP where to overcome cultivation (time it takes to convert xp into skills), chi (a type of non skill xp that goes into making your core stronger), and reduced income from kidnapping (a good way for new players to make a few silver).

There is 0 need to buy gold for anything but your sub. I have yet to, to this day spend anything outside of 9 bucks a month.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Overcoming Pay2win

I decided to do a break down on how to get by Age of Wushu's pay2win aspects.
    For the most part it's really not that hard to overcome a paid player. You just need a push in the right direction. Below is a few examples of how that can be done.

Exp Limit= Leave your account online somewhere. It is wise to leave it online somewhere that has a high cultivation rate.

Chi Limit= Fight Heroes through out the world. The all drop chi pills which can level to the  limit fast. You can even hold the pills for a day. So you can farm one day. And not have to do it the next day if you farm enough.

Have Multiple Alts= Being Self sustaining saves you money in this game. Also will make you strong fast. Just as fast as anyone buying their way to strength. As long as you put in work in tradeskill alt characters.

Divinity= The most weird skill to have. That at high levels is very awesome. But no one does it or uses it, due to lack of population.

Sign In= Do this everyday the rewards scale and it's free loot. Also try to log in during 6pm-9pm server time for extra rewards. And a chance at a rare skill.

Farm Factions= it's a good source of loot free skills and chi leveling. This is best done with a friend or random party members.

Farm Dungeons= This maybe the best thing you can do. Dungeons drop skills and expensive items you can sell. Then you can run off and buy whatever you want.

You will notice I left out most pvping. If you can fight or know how. Or even learn the ropes you can add all of those methods in. And you will be better off, and I suggest doing so. But this is for the people coming in thrown to the wolves. Who will struggle and be discouraged thinking they have no hope. That is entirely false and just showing the way.

#secondjob

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by stragen001

#secondjob

It ain't gw2 that's for sure. image