So, the idea here is a thread where we can cut loose a bit and show off our creative sides. An Image Contest!. Details below:
Theme of Images for the contest:
Image entry and participation guidelines:
- Post images in reply on this thread (don't PM them).
- Image must be of character you own and the image taken and edited/saved by you (the MMORPG you take the image in is your choice).
- Images must be newly taken for contest from an extant MMORPG.
- Image has to stay reasonably within the theme to count.
- image must display in the reply (no links that need to be opened which navigate to the image)
- Try to keep the on forum display resolution of the image around 512x512.
- Effects of image editors/manipulators are allowed. But, try to preserve the focus of the image as it would be seen in game on no better then maximum graphical level of quality.
- Rate images on a scale of 1-10 (entrants and non entrants alike may rate. You can rate as many of the entries as you like but only give one rating per entry).
- New entries will be accepted until exactly one 7 day week after the post time of the first post of this thread. Any entries after wards will not be considered in the final stage of selecting a winner.
- The top 5 images (determined by adding together the scores given be posters), will be assigned bonus rating scores (1-5) by the OP (myself) based on 5 factors (listed below):
- Inclusion of fitting companions (such as mounts, pets, followers).
- Posed, or capped mid animation of an emote (as apposed to just standing there).
- Inclusion of a scene that both fits the theme and style of the characters outfit (i.e. vampire outfit + taken in a Roman-Gothic transitional cathedral at night next to a coffin = +1).
- Clever inclusions, such as making the character look like they are doing something that are not or that the game mechanics wouldn't actually allow for (think...classic tourist image - holding the tower of pizza).
- Setting the scene. Tell us about your entry... The MMORPG it was taken in, your character. Perhaps give a short story (please do keep it brief) to the scene. Tell us about bonus point factors that may not be obvious (like if a pose should not be possible. But, you made it work somehow, and how you did it).
- Once final bonus points are awarded to the top 5 entrants at the close of the week a poll will be opened that includes the top 3 images after final bonus points have been assigned (if there is some sort of tie between two images it may contain 4 final entries). This poll will be open for one additional week. If somehow there is some sort of tie...Iunno moderator/admin decision breaks tie or something (if they want to participate).
- Below is an example image of what an entry might reasonably look like (this is from Runescape3 and of my character Hal Cal). This is not an actual entry (I won't be entering myself for fairness sake, of the op not being one of the entrants)...Just a quick example though: