Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clause live streaming honest discussion about future of Darkfall.

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

One of the lead developers discussing the future of the game with players who contacted him on facebook and set it up.

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

I was just reading the reactions on the official DF forums. This thread will end up being an interesting read, I'm sure.

And holy Shiite if they have that many subs.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Cecropia

I was just reading the reactions on the official DF forums. This thread will end up being an interesting read, I'm sure.

I gotta ask, if they have how many subs?

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Supposedly like 20k subs....  Dude was asking for more money, subs, spread the word to your friends....  LOL  Was hilarious and great comedy.

Per Claus himself:

"I'll probably regret this in the morning, and I may even get fired. Doesn't matter, it was fun and worth it no matter the outcome. If I do get fired, you can find me on my site, and I'll be looking to make some games.

I dare anyone to be this honest.

http://claus.enjin.com/home"

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126

I think he was just trolling with you all :)

Per Lust:

Notes:

At 20, 000 subscriber now. Need to get to 35, 000.
    Need 15,000 more subscribers because they are out of money and owe debts all over town.
    With current subs, they are slowly dying, can't really pay their bills.

Think's game will keep running, and AV can get more money- But for the game to thrive, needs more players. Some developers aren't currently getting paid.

Plans to improve cities, give them more worth, and increase pvp.

1. Steam Keys, looking into.
    2. Player models.
    3. Prowess Reset.
    4. Conquest improve cities.
    5. Different fund raising/promotion methods.
    6. Clause has an idea of arena's to set up wager duels, and allow people to bet.

Clause talks about amazing network code, a genius behind it, needs to do more work.. but not getting paid.

Previous project manager left a mess.. Clause brought in to fix things.

Clause wants to hire the best, smartest players, and bring them into the company.

Question Asked, to Sendog:
    What would keep your alliance subscribing?

A: Give a reason to go out in the world, not stare at bank. Enchanting, Mob Loot, anything but suiciding into the best players.

Clause thinks the interface is terrible.

Clause wants to:
    Wants to create a new role... A support class that deploys turrets.

Wants more loot, like Diablo3 or Path of Exile.

Wants to add quests.

Repeatable Prowess Feats. Remove diminishing returns.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I think he's high. Game is going down fast and hard, if they are already out of money I don't see much happening in the near future. I think they are banking a lot on the release in the Asian market to get out of the red but if that fails I doubt we see anything more than a few updates a year.  
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    1st, Change the mounted models and animations.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Supposedly like 20k subs....  Dude was asking for more money, subs, spread the word to your friends....  LOL  Was hilarious and great comedy.

Per Claus himself:

"I'll probably regret this in the morning, and I may even get fired. Doesn't matter, it was fun and worth it no matter the outcome. If I do get fired, you can find me on my site, and I'll be looking to make some games.

I dare anyone to be this honest.

http://claus.enjin.com/home"

I keep reading on these forums that niche games only need a few thousand subs to stay afloat.  Losing money with 20k subs doesn't jive with that.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

I played DF1 for a little over a year and DFUW for a couple of months, but I realized I just didn't want to go on because I there was nothing for average players to do, really, other than be fodder. I am an average player -- maybe a little above or below, but it's hard to measure exactly.

To become "good" or 1337 in DFUW, I you need time and skill. 

1. Time to grind stuff for crafting or to give it to your clan crafter (if you are in a smallish clan that doesn't have tons of stuff like the leet clans). You have to have gear to replace the gear you will lose often. It's not hard, but you have to spend time to get geared for pvp. And if you are average and not leet, you will be preyed upon by the leet, thus losing more than you gain from hunting noobs who don't have much on them that you would want anyway and aren't very fun to pvp (in my opinion). So you spend a lot of time pve-ing or gathering.

2. You need to pve a lot to farm prowess. Leet players don't need that much prowess, but they have it. Skill does matter in this game. I personally saw a 45k prowess guy lose to a 14k prowess guy at the beginning of DFUW.  One of the reasons I quit is that I was playing a lot, maybe 20-30 hours a week, having fun with clannies and pve-ing a lot to get prowess. That's a lot for, me, a guy with a job and life outside DFUW. I saw some guys from a leet clan at the bank with 125k, while I was just sitting there with 35k. I just felt like I would never be in the same league or even near it with players like that around. No hope. Of course, it also has to do with efficiency and knowing the smartest way to do things, not just playing for fun. And leet clans have all that and help each other out, too. I don't really know how they did it.

3. You need skill in the twitch sense. It takes time sunk into the game, to know your keybindings, etc. It has to be natural. It takes time playing/pvping and fast twitch skills. I am average at best. 

4. You need to focus at all times. You need awareness of you and your enemy in one-on-one and you need tactical awareness of your team and the enemy, situational awareness, etc. This is where I just realized I would never be good at pvp in this game. It's just too taxing for me after a long day of work. I know this is fun for a lot of people and I'm glad this game exists for them, but I couldn't hack it after a while. It is a hard game you just have to be able to do it to pull your weight in clan pvp. 

And the worst thing of all, two of our clan's best pvp-ers, and they were very good, quit because of hacks. They said the one that was game breaking for them was the 180 degree behind-the-back archery of a player they were pursuing who didn't even have to turn around. I didn't see it. They didn't record it. So it's just hearsay. But I believe them. They never complained about hacking in the past and they are not the kind of people who would do it just because they felt butthurt. But you would be taking my word for that, so for whatever it's worth.

This game is hard enough as it is (which is good) but it doesn't need people hacking on top of it. 

Bottom line: If it's true that they only have 20k and they need 15k more, I don't see how they can do it. Dumbing the game down will only drive away the players they have now. I wish them luck, though. There must be 35k people on the planet that would like this game. I just don't know how they will get them all to sub.

or you can just d/l the aim hack like the leet players and compete.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Tasos replied to a thread on the official forums and said Claus had an "unfortunate human moment"... and it looks like Tasos deleted every thread on the official forums related to this stream.

Can anyone summarize what the "unfortunate human moment" was and what exactly Claus said?

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Did anyone save the video or have links to any of the stuff he said?
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    yes, can anyone upload the video or at least give us a good account of what was said?
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    This is great news, if Claus can follow through with the changes he wants to make then AV will reach 35k subscriptions no problem. Claus for those who are unaware helped develop DF1 from scratch and had a great vision of what made a risk-reward game successful. And he clearly has the same mindset as the players with what to do next.
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Need more info. The how's matter.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by PWN_FACE

And the worst thing of all, two of our clan's best pvp-ers, and they were very good, quit because of hacks. They said the one that was game breaking for them was the 180 degree behind-the-back archery of a player they were pursuing who didn't even have to turn around. I didn't see it. They didn't record it. So it's just hearsay. But I believe them. They never complained about hacking in the past and they are not the kind of people who would do it just because they felt butthurt. But you would be taking my word for that, so for whatever it's worth.

This game is hard enough as it is (which is good) but it doesn't need people hacking on top of it. 

I quit because I got tired of aim bots like Dolphin Rider and his rapid fire bow that misses maybe 1 out of 20 shots. He will never be caught because he uses a private hack that's only shared with the upper echelon of his clan.

The number of hacks are being blown out of proportion in this thread. I played with dolphin rider in dfo as well as most of the coe/rgf crew and most of the other top pvpers. There were only a few people who cheated in this circle and most where ostracized. White chapel for instance. Mr bucket. Johna hacked on alt account to make money to fuel grinding.

The two biggest names that get accused of hacking are aim bot and dolphin aim bot gets accused of hacking because most people do not understand how the game works and he does. What he does is use the strafe mechanic to force the direction of his arrows at distance and ignores wobble when at mid-short range because of the way hit boxes work. The only video THAT May show him hacking in dfo was one in a village where the only way to run was in a single direction.

I can't comment on dolphin rider as I've only ran into him 3x in uw. But in dfo he was accused of it in dfo during water combat. In water combat constantly strafing and going up and down can throw off a lesser skilled persons aim especially at range and in group fights I don't think I've seen a better person on knowing how and when to pull back, using friendlies to meat shield and sustain pressure.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

It was funny.

Basically he was begging for money and promised everyone in the voice chat what he wanted to hear. At least he confirmed that DF:UW cant survive with current numbers (being drunk has helped in honesty).

Now i can understand how it comes to DF2010 promises with armor specifictions and ends up with DF:UW classes.

Thats the latest moment every player should be aware of how AV is working from inside  and how rotten that is..,.(Claus maybe not the roten part,  we all know the rotten part is Tasos and and the Tasoslikes in the company)

Someone in the chat (i forgot his name) said he saved the twitch.tv stream ...please uplaod i and link it for everyone.

(Oh and barely any of  his changes in mind will help Darkfall..the word sandbox hasn't been even mentioned) 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Classes are a logical evolution from the armor updates we were told about.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher
    The number of hacks are being blown out of proportion in this thread. I played with dolphin rider in dfo as well as most of the coe/rgf crew and most of the other top pvpers. There were only a few people who cheated in this circle and most where ostracized. White chapel for instance. Mr bucket. Johna hacked on alt account to make money to fuel grinding.

The two biggest names that get accused of hacking are aim bot and dolphin aim bot gets accused of hacking because most people do not understand how the game works and he does. What he does is use the strafe mechanic to force the direction of his arrows at distance and ignores wobble when at mid-short range because of the way hit boxes work. The only video THAT May show him hacking in dfo was one in a village where the only way to run was in a single direction.

I can't comment on dolphin rider as I've only ran into him 3x in uw. But in dfo he was accused of it in dfo during water combat. In water combat constantly strafing and going up and down can throw off a lesser skilled persons aim especially at range and in group fights I don't think I've seen a better person on knowing how and when to pull back, using friendlies to meat shield and sustain pressure.

What would you have done if Dolphin Rider had told you about his cheat program? Would you do the right thing? Your posts make it seem like you would. Do you think it's possible that they wouldn't trust you with that knowledge? I learned this lesson the hard way in another game.

I joined a clan that was doing really well on my server. They were popular because they were the top pvpers on the server. I had fun playing with those guys, and enjoyed winning. Whenever someone cried hacks I would get on the forums and call them a liar. I thought they were just jealous of our accomplishments and I blindly supported my clan mates.

One day I logged in to find my character in a virtual jail. There were 4 walls and no exit. After paging a GM he pops in and starts questioning me. He asked me questions about any 3rd party applications, and if I knew of any being used by my clan members. I had no idea what he was talking about. After about 30 minutes of questions he told me that my account was being suspended until it could be reviewed.

Almost two weeks later I got a response from support saying that my account was clean and that I was being unsuspended. It also said that my clan had been disbanded because most of the members including the leader were permanently banned. They refunded my lost time at least. Before the bust my clan had just under 100 members. Only about 12 of us remained. Most of the guys that got unbanned were newer members. I never saw it coming.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Classes are a logical evolution from the armor updates we were told about.

But as a smart guy you don't have to believe in the necessaty of armor speciliasitions to classes "evolution".

This "evolution" step comes namely at the cost of player freedom and game complexity.

There are working examples of MMORPG's with the armor spec design that prooves these company's statement  wrong also.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

classes are wrong the way they are implemented; too restricting and without really allowing for gameplay customization.

what they should have done is go for the armor system. Make it so that armor negates spellcasting and archery with hefty penalites to those skills depending on the armor's encumbrance, not like DF1.

OR they could choose to go the classes way, but then they should do it like most other games do. This in-between is not working.

• slycritterslycritter Member Posts: 7
    DF:UW is the best game I've ever played, but they don't release content fast enough or interact with the player base enough to warrant paying a $15 monthly fee. Good luck to them though I hope they can turn things around and get more people interested in the game. 
    Think he meant 2k current subscribers instead of 20k?  I mean if there just for arguement's sake 10k subscribers and each with an alt the whole damn world would be slam full of people everywhere...  I just do not see the 20k being right.
  • Yes, probably the correct number is less than 2k users. Is impossible that Df has 20 000 subs.

Claus on the other hand, and his vision (since old Razorwax era), is the last hope for this game.
    Also i think that Av should sell the game property of the game, they don't know how to make fun games anymore.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    Think he meant 2k current subscribers instead of 20k?  I mean if there just for arguement's sake 10k subscribers and each with an alt the whole damn world would be slam full of people everywhere...  I just do not see the 20k being right.

Yes, I'm thinking it was a slip of tongue, or a loss in translation.

They have 2k subs and need to get to at least 3.5k to be on mark.

Really a shame, considering how much the last combat patch improved the game.

A lot of people are coming back just because Claus is working on the game again. I hope they can pull through this slump.

I hope people will come back to the game, if nothing else, to support indie game companies trying to make something that isn't a wow clone.