Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a question about pvp resurrection

DevianeDeviane Member UncommonPosts: 108

ok i never ever played a elder scrolls game....but im interested in this  game as i  just love mmos in the #8 ask us  anything someone asked about  soul gems and resurrestion on pvp:

How does resurrection work in PvP? Can I res any player in any situation (e.g. in the middle of a fight)? Does it cost Soul Gems, too? I imagine you might run out of them real quick. – Jenny Balls

You do have to use Soul Gems to resurrect players who have fallen on the field of battle. Provided you have the Soul Trap spell, you can always find monsters or players in the area to fill your empty Soul Gems with. You can also buy filled Gems at a premium. This means that battles are actually won or lost—you want to make sure one side can’t just keep bringing in reinforcements, causing a battle to last forever.

i could get it  wrong but  are they saying  you can buy  filled gems  to  ress players in pvp  on  a cash  shop? (i have read that the  cash  shop its just a rumor or   was misinterpreted) so please correct me if im  wrong as premium may be something else  but ususally  i think about a  cash shop or game store when i read premium and could be a merchant or something and im just confused about the whole thing

anyway thx in advance

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Deviane

ok i never ever played a elder scrolls game....but im interested in this  game as i  just love mmos in the #8 ask us  anything someone asked about  soul gems and resurrestion on pvp:

How does resurrection work in PvP? Can I res any player in any situation (e.g. in the middle of a fight)? Does it cost Soul Gems, too? I imagine you might run out of them real quick. – Jenny Balls

You do have to use Soul Gems to resurrect players who have fallen on the field of battle. Provided you have the Soul Trap spell, you can always find monsters or players in the area to fill your empty Soul Gems with. You can also buy filled Gems at a premium. This means that battles are actually won or lost—you want to make sure one side can’t just keep bringing in reinforcements, causing a battle to last forever.

i could get it  wrong but  are they saying  you can buy  filled gems  to  ress players in pvp  on  a cash  shop? (i have read that the  cash  shop its just a rumor or   was misinterpreted) so please correct me if im  wrong as premium may be something else  but ususally  i think about a  cash shop or game store when i read premium and could be a merchant or something and im just confused about the whole thing

anyway thx in advance

I dont know for a fact, but that sounds like a cash shop thing to me. normally when you see the words " premium " that real money.

or it could just be you can buy filled gems from other players or maybe NPCs and it just cost alot more? but yeah would be nice to know.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    I read it that you could buy filled ones from players so you didn't have to do the work of filling them yourself.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

So far, Bethesda has said that Elder Scrolls Online will basically have the old "cash shop," as in selling premium services that MMO's used to sell exclusively like changing your name, server transfers, etc. For now I'd lean toward them being extremely expensive rather than a cash shop item. That would be shooting themselves in the foot, especially after their speech about how subscription with nothing sold on the cash shop is such a superior model.

In the Elder Scrolls games, soul gems are items you buy that, when you use soul trap on a monster and then kill it, the gem fills and can be used to recharge enchanted weapons or enchant regular equipment. There isn't much to compare to ESO, since it wasn't possible to buy filled soul gems (that I've found) and they aren't used to resurrect people in the single player games.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

"buying at a premium" does not mean cash shop. It just means that buying pre-filled ones from vendors (or one of the auction houses) will be expensive. There will also be items that discharge that need soul gems for recharging. So a good supply of filled gems will be a requirement.

I just hope the "fill the gem" mechanic is not as cumbersome as it was in Skyrim. I hated having to set-up the kill by either casting soul trap or switching to a weapon enchanted with it - it just feels like petty housekeeping to me.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    Originally posted by Deviane ok i never ever played a elder scrolls game....but im interested in this  game as i  just love mmos in the #8 ask us  anything someone asked about  soul gems and resurrestion on pvp: How does resurrection work in PvP? Can I res any player in any situation (e.g. in the middle of a fight)? Does it cost Soul Gems, too? I imagine you might run out of them real quick. – Jenny Balls You do have to use Soul Gems to resurrect players who have fallen on the field of battle. Provided you have the Soul Trap spell, you can always find monsters or players in the area to fill your empty Soul Gems with. You can also buy filled Gems at a premium. This means that battles are actually won or lost—you want to make sure one side can’t just keep bringing in reinforcements, causing a battle to last forever.   i could get it  wrong but  are they saying  you can buy  filled gems  to  ress players in pvp  on  a cash  shop? (i have read that the  cash  shop its just a rumor or   was misinterpreted) so please correct me if im  wrong as premium may be something else  but ususally  i think about a  cash shop or game store when i read premium and could be a merchant or something and im just confused about the whole thing   anyway thx in advance
    I dont know for a fact, but that sounds like a cash shop thing to me. normally when you see the words " premium " that real money.

or it could just be you can buy filled gems from other players or maybe NPCs and it just cost alot more? but yeah would be nice to know.

they have already stated there will not be a cash shop.

Originally posted by Iselin
    "buying at a premium" does not mean cash shop. It just means that buying pre-filled ones from vendors (or one of the auction houses) will be expensive. 

^ this