Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where the hell is the Thief/Ninja class?

DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55

This class has been around since Final Fantasy 1. Yes! Final Fantasy 1! So hurry up and bring it SE you bunch of wussies! I should probably put this on the Square forums. But I decided to let you peeps see this  because that's just the type of cool guy I am. See yas.

End of line.

Comments

• MaronarMaronar Member Posts: 1
    Soon.... Sooon
  • jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127
    and also engineer! like edgar from ff6! :D
  • Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    I was in beta for this game and played up until the end of my free month. I didn't resubscribe. I love the graphics and detail in the game but for some reason it just feels slow to me. I like the lack of abilities because it's not a button mashing contest like WoW. However, what I found difficult (or lackluster) was grinding the Fates. Dungeons seemed too long. Leveling as a whole was kind of random and very slow. If I tried again would I like it? I dunno... I still have it installed but... I just... don't...know.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Big time Final Fantasy fan here that hasn't brought FF:ARR mainly cause I'm MMORPG'd out anyways.   As someone who's thus heard for the first time that this game doesn't have a thief/ninja class, all I have to say is:  What the feth!?

Like you said, that class has been around since Final Fantasy 1!!!   Seriously, devs these days... no appreciation for tradition.  ...well, that and I find it difficult to imagine ANY MMO with a lot of different classes not having a rogue class or similar equivalent.  It's kinda its own special niche and a brain-dead obvious one that isn't really very hard to implement that's also very popular.

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55

Well, for the story line game part of it, and you only get to play the story line once, it rocks. But after that trying to level a character to 50 is a chore and a half. All you do is FATES, running back and forth like a chicken with your head cut off, until you level. Crafting is cool. But the weapons are armors ... I don't know.

You know how in the old final fantasies you could tell you were doing a lot more damage if you bought the higher level weapons? You don't actually feel that here. This game was designed to make you play for a long time. 

The END GAME is just insanely hard, unless you have a really good group. Espeically the Hardmode bosses. Titan is a cheap pain in the ass. Hell all of them are because of the bad latency FF can have with lots of peeps.

I will say though I once played with 6 peeps, 8 man group as a whole, that downed Titan HM in 10 minutes.

Overall this is a really good MMO. You just got to realize you cannot be in the rat race to get all level 50's, because you wont get em fast without playing 24 7.

End of line.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Not in-game yet, many classes and jobs are going to follow in future patches.
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

My guess is that the Thief could be a dual dagger/sword class. I'd imagine they would implement the dual weapons like they do the pugilists knuckle weapons. I.E. one item, instead of having two separate swords/daggers. The ninja will probably be the job soul crystal for the THF class.

I'm with you on this one, I can't wait until they add this class. They also need to figure out a way to add the Red Mage to the game! That's another job from FFI that is sorely missing.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    thief will be a dagger class.  dual swords would be a version of the single sword user going dmg path instead of sword and shield.  this isnt wow where rogues use and need roll on all weapons.....
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by neorandom
    thief will be a dagger class.  dual swords would be a version of the single sword user going dmg path instead of sword and shield.  this isnt wow where rogues use and need roll on all weapons.....

I am so hoping that the thief will be the first disciple of war - disciple of land hybrid, just like in most FF games.  A thief without "Steal" command doesn't feel right.