Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SotA developers only discuss with the ones that pledged the most

Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

If you pledged alot then we discuss with you. If you're a supporter but didnt pledge that much then were not interested discussing the game with you.

That is just retarded.

Why should supporters be left out of the dicussions going on in the so called developer forum?

There are polls and feature discussions going on in this developer forum and letting more supporters in would give any thread more substance, legitimacy and more accurate feedback.

Comments

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

Are you on a personal vendetta against SotA? Whom they choose to partake in the discussion of game design is entirely up to them, unless you are an investor. Crowd Source funding does not make you an investor.

Relax my friend, the game you seek will one day come around. Do not hold a grudge to a company for following their vision. If it is a good vision they will do well, if it is not, then they will fail. That is how business works. Ranting on a forum will never change the basic concepts of business, will never change how much a dev studio is going to listen, and really isn't going to make you feel any better.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    We get it OP... you hate SotA, congratulations.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Arrogant_Wormy

Are you on a personal vendetta against SotA? Whom they choose to partake in the discussion of game design is entirely up to them, unless you are an investor. Crowd Source funding does not make you an investor.

Relax my friend, the game you seek will one day come around. Do not hold a grudge to a company for following their vision. If it is a good vision they will do well, if it is not, then they will fail. That is how business works. Ranting on a forum will never change the basic concepts of business, will never change how much a dev studio is going to listen, and really isn't going to make you feel any better.

Yes it is up to them to exclude supporters from discussing their game and features with them, your right.

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Yes it is up to them to exclude supporters from discussing their game and features with them, your right.

Please provide a link where they specifically said they will not discuss the game with supporters below a certain level.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Does the President and your local congressman personally discuss everything in detail with everyone who pays taxes or gave a donation to their campaign fund?

(hint: the answer is no.)

Please provide a link where they specifically said they will not discuss the game with supporters below a certain level.

Have you never visited SotA forums?

They discuss with high amount pledgers in a forum called the developer forums. Other supporters dont have access to that forum.

Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Does the President and your local congressman personally discuss everything in detail with everyone who pays taxes or gave a donation to their campaign fund?

Of course not but they dont exclude some citizens just cause they didnt pay enough donation/tax.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Is there some sort of post or blog you could link to that supports your thread?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Of course not but they dont exclude some citizens just cause they didnt pay enough donation/tax.

Uhhh Yes they do.

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

Post link(s) to developers saying that, or GTFO.

I'd be more worried if the devs discuss the game with every single supporters. They have a vision and that vision shouldn't be tarnished by the whining of 1000s people.

• InsaneMembraneInsaneMembrane Member Posts: 130

To be fair, the devs have not excluded anyone. A few of them log into chat quite often to become question and answer targets and they do quite well. 

SotA devs post and interact with anyone on their forum, in chat, and especially during the google hangouts. 

It is true, that they have less interaction as a whole with the entire community than they do with the "Dev+" community which you had to KickStart pledge 400 dollars or more to get into. But that was the deal, this is how the crowd source game was always going to work.

You have to expect that though, unless you want them to take money out of the game and start throwing it into staff who do nothing but talk to you on the forum. That would be a waste of money.

I am all for calling shenanigans when I see them also, but I don't see them with the Dev's interaction level with the community as a whole just yet. Where I do see the shenanigans is with your personal fetish of attacking Shroud of the Avatar.

I tried to report your post, but it was already done for me. I've been banned several times for saying far less loaded and trollworthy things than your post, it is time that the mods here take control over the situation and get you under control OP.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

I don't know if this guy is a troll or just plain ignorant. Is there any idiot in this world who would spend money in anything without knowing what s/he is getting for the money? The kickstarter project of SoTA has around 20 tier of backer package. Only those who buy the "Developer Tier" or above package will get to join the private devs discussion. Those pacakges are described in BOLD letter in kickstarter page. Here go read  :

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0

this page even gives us very good idea of what the game going to be. Now stop spamming the forums. you have no idea on the subject you talk about. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Originally posted by jesteralways

I don't know if this guy is a troll or just plain ignorant. Is there any idiot in this world who would spend money in anything without knowing what s/he is getting for the money? The kickstarter project of SoTA has around 20 tier of backer package. Only those who buy the "Developer Tier" or above package will get to join the private devs discussion. Those pacakges are described in BOLD letter in kickstarter page. Here go read  :

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0

this page even gives us very good idea of what the game going to be. Now stop spamming the forums. you have no idea on the subject you talk about. 

I agree with you.  Watch what you say though bro, this guy has friends here. Every time I post I get banned, but they let him carry on like a little child here :(

Important feature discussions and game mechanisms are discussed by developers and high money pledgers in a exclusive SotA forum.

That tell me that if you contribute with alot of money we the developers of SotA are more interested talking to you and listen to your feedback and suggestions - your voice is more important to us then the backer that only pledged 45 $.

Important feature discussions and game mechanisms are discussed by developers and high money pledgers in a exclusive SotA forum.

That tell me that if you contribute with alot of money we the developers of SotA are more interested talking to you and listen to your feedback and suggestions - your voice is more important to us then the backer that only pledged 45 $.

This was made very clear from the start. You knew and know what the KickStart tiers entitled you to or not. If you don't like it, then pledge more. If you can't pledge more, we're sorry, but it is both not our issue or Portalarium's issue.

Stop trying to make yourself out to be some sort of scapegoat.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Yes, they are more important.

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

I'm sure the devs look at the base forum too but it is kind of the way the world works and nothing wrong with it in my opinion. People who donated a bunch of money are entitled to influence the game more than people who just donated a little. You still have way more influence over SotA devs than you would over any big publisher even if you just donated $5.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

The OP has a legitimate concern. This concern exists whether or not you choose to take it seriously.

There is simply no denying that rather substantial components of this game are in fact exclusive to high-level backers (housing being the other prime example). Whether or not you agree with the philosophy is another question.

Being a backer, I'm in the phase of giving SotA team the benefit of the doubt. I will say that the recent update discussing Magic/ Combat/ Crafting was very encouraging. In all honesty, it was very comforting to see an update that was not trying to sell us an exorbitantly-priced house :D

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by superconducting

The OP has a legitimate concern. This concern exists whether or not you choose to take it seriously.

There is simply no denying that rather substantial components of this game are in fact exclusive to high-level backers (housing being the other prime example). Whether or not you agree with the philosophy is another question.

Being a backer, I'm in the phase of giving SotA team the benefit of the doubt. I will say that the recent update discussing Magic/ Combat/ Crafting was very encouraging. In all honesty, it was very comforting to see an update that was not trying to sell us an exorbitantly-priced house :D

The cliques I saw forming very early in chat and IRC were the reason I stopped following it for now. I wasn't ready to get into the power plays I saw going on, and a lot of it circled around the ones that put the most into the campaign, as they were directly involved in private chats and forums with the devs. 

Sitting back and watching to see where it goes, and crossing my fingers that those groups help steer the game in a good direction. Some really passionate UO fans in that crowd, so this game could be something spectacular. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by InsaneMembrane

To be fair, the devs have not excluded anyone. A few of them log into chat quite often to become question and answer targets and they do quite well. 

SotA devs post and interact with anyone on their forum, in chat, and especially during the google hangouts. 

It is true, that they have less interaction as a whole with the entire community than they do with the "Dev+" community which you had to KickStart pledge 400 dollars or more to get into. But that was the deal, this is how the crowd source game was always going to work.

You have to expect that though, unless you want them to take money out of the game and start throwing it into staff who do nothing but talk to you on the forum. That would be a waste of money.

I am all for calling shenanigans when I see them also, but I don't see them with the Dev's interaction level with the community as a whole just yet. Where I do see the shenanigans is with your personal fetish of attacking Shroud of the Avatar.

I tried to report your post, but it was already done for me. I've been banned several times for saying far less loaded and trollworthy things than your post, it is time that the mods here take control over the situation and get you under control OP.

The OP is stating his opinion. He hasn't done anything to be banned. You're just being rude and it's obvious you have a problem when someone doesn't share your opinions. You going to go around reporting everyone that doesn't agree with you? 

SotA has been a rather bummer for some players. What with the housing being limited to people who pay (the ones who don't get sloppy leftovers or have to wait for an update that expands upon housing, and who knows how far away that will be once the game actually goes live).

It certainly does seem to be turning into a game that looks like it's going to nickel and dime it's customers until their wallets are empty. That's just my opinion though. Feel free to report me on having an opinion. MMORPG.com isn't going to ban me for sharing my views.

Smile

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Don't forget that unless you're willing to pony up about $500 cash before release, chances are you'll be locked out of one of the most showcased core features of the game, player housing. Let's face it; people with a RL cash advantage over us lowly peasants are going to buy up all the best plots of land, then sell them at insanely inflated rates, most likely also for RL cash.

Of course, good old Dick didn't mention that during the Kickstarter, now did he?

The only money I'll ever send his way again will be to launch his almost cartoonishly greedy ass back into space. Permanently.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic