Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 days 2 die - I think a lot of people are not noticing this game

cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

http://7daystodie.com/

Im currently in the alpha 1.1 from buying the game and this by far is the best zombie survival multiplayer game ive played. Its a hybrid between Day Z and Minecraft but with a more realistic approach. Even right now in alpha 1.1 this game is just plan out scarey and fun. I think a lot of people here do not know about this game as it just funded on kickstarter but already in its current form its a ton of fun. Check it out if you're looking for a survival zombie game etc. The world is completely destructible and you can build just about anything and craft like minecraft but the game has physics to its blocks so you have to actually put up braces and zombies can destroy anything trying to get to you etc. Fun game with so far no complaints other than the community is kinda small.

Comments

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

Yeah, I saw Yogscast playing this game and it does look wicked fun.  Pretty complex crafting and from what I can tell a completely destructible world.

I'm probably going to watch Simon and Lewis play this a bit more before I pick it up, but these devs do have a winner on their hands I believe. 

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

$35.00 for an alpha stage game?

Even with crowd-funding, who's to say the game will make it to release?

$35.00 gets you instant alpha access with free updates for life.. but what if the life of the game is only a few months?

Don't really see this working out well for them at that price even after they have their crowd-funding. Why so much to join a funded,  alpha stage game?

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    yeah I was reading up on some minecraft clones and seen a video for this game and was blown away by it and glad I purchased it. It sounds like the devs are renting out servers and allowing the admins to put out new rulesets and a complete map creation toolkit so its going to be just like minecraft. Ive only been playing single player but the realism in this game is pretty damn good. I know zombies at night will swarm and kill you but during the day you can run by them as they are slow moving . I built a underground base thinking I would be slick and the bastards in two nights time broke through and caved me in then killing me. I cant think of any other game out there now that plays as well as this game for true sandboxes on the market and the multi-player allows you to play zombies, bandits, or regular players with full drop loot on death rules for pvp. Its just a all around scarey damn game and I cant believe its not talked about here yet because it blows even day z away.
    Originally posted by Tredo

$35.00 gets you instant alpha access with free updates for life.. but what if the life of the game is only a few months?

Don't really see this working out well for them at that price even after they have their crowd-funding. Why so much to join a funded,  alpha stage game?

they already went WAY over their kickstarter goals and the game is out . Even in alpha 1.1 its WAY it plays better than most other games released ive played on this site. Trust me this game isnt dying out , its going to be a smash hit when others get wind of it more that like survival games.

Because it's an indie title...they don't have huge backing. Sure there is crowd funding, but you're essentially investing in the game with the $35.

Originally posted by Drakephire

Because it's an indie title...they don't have huge backing. Sure there is crowd funding, but you're essentially investing in the game with the $35.

If I had back half the money I have put into "indi" alpha stage, buy to play with lifetime updates promises, I wouldn't be working any more. I will give it props for how it looks, and the game play sounds fun, but I think I will wait around for gold edition.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

a few questions.

can you kill other players?  i loved this part in Day Z it was really cool meeting new people and learning who you can really trust and who you just kill.

does it just drop you out in the middle of know where and you have to figure things out? another thing i love in games tired of the hand holding.

and last but not least, is it going to be a free game? one thing im tired of is free games that are shooters that are just hacked to death.

Originally posted by cronius77
    yeah I was reading up on some minecraft clones and seen a video for this game and was blown away by it and glad I purchased it. It sounds like the devs are renting out servers and allowing the admins to put out new rulesets and a complete map creation toolkit so its going to be just like minecraft. Ive only been playing single player but the realism in this game is pretty damn good. I know zombies at night will swarm and kill you but during the day you can run by them as they are slow moving . I built a underground base thinking I would be slick and the bastards in two nights time broke through and caved me in then killing me. I cant think of any other game out there now that plays as well as this game for true sandboxes on the market and the multi-player allows you to play zombies, bandits, or regular players with full drop loot on death rules for pvp. Its just a all around scarey damn game and I cant believe its not talked about here yet because it blows even day z away.

Nice, haha. That made me laugh. Zombies caving in your hidey hole...no other game play like that around.  For people wanting something different, this is definitely the game. I suppose there'll be the few cynical ones who cannot be pleased, but there you go.

If I had back half the money I have put into "indi" alpha stage, buy to play with lifetime updates promises, I wouldn't be working any more. I will give it props for how it looks, and the game play sounds fun, but I think I will wait around for gold edition.

Sure. Not everyone is comfortable being an early adopter. I like investing in indie games, and hearing about cool new ones, because indie games is the only place where cool, exciting new gameplay is happening. You're not going to get it with major development projects.  These indie guys love gaming, had a dream to make a game, and they did it. Hell yeah I'm going to support that!

as of right now there is no hand holding and you set your own multiplayer rules on the hosted servers. Its just like minecraft when you die you drop everything and people can kill you. You get dropped off in a random biome just like minecraft and you have til night to scavage things and craft what you need to survive the night. You have to worry about food water endurance and health pools. There is renewable crops like corn and beans , you can hunt animals etc. You are completely expected to use your wits and with the physics system in game you will die if you do not hole up for the night as zombies become fast and swarm light sources and sound.

An example I holed up on a roof of a old barn for the night last night , zombies swarmed the barn as I did something stupid trying to get metal shingles from the barn to craft a mining pick . Well they swarmed the barn and started clawing at the beams until they broke a main support beam. The entire roof collapsed and I fell to the ground and was killed. It was one hell of a rush trust me. Im pretty critical on this site about mmorpgs , but this game scared the hell out of me how much you have to plan and think ahead for the night.

• kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    You wont even notice its a alpha it seems finished.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Sorry, but I refuse to give my money to this:

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    hmm this game actually sounds fun and interesting! 35 bucks though seem a little stiff right now.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Originally posted by Ginaz

Sorry, but I refuse to give my money to this:

KInda with this guy....

Any trial or buddy keys out there?

heh yeah the game company name is hilarious and read their forums the devs are pretty hilarious. No trial as its a alpha buy in now thing. The next alpha 2.0 patch is sometime soon where they are adding in the left 4 dead zombies that throw up on you and adding in mutated flying japanese beetles. Im not rich and I took the chance and spent the 35 bucks and Im for once pleased with my purchase. Even the 1.1 alpha build out now is loads of fun , though I would def like to see larger biome maps and vehicles you can actually drive like the promised boats planes trucks and cars . Crafting wise there is already about 40 different things from landmines to building supplies to farming stuff.  Trust me read my post history here Im pretty critical of games here and quick to complain equally about sandbox games or themeparks and I think some of you guys are being a bit to skeptical about this game when all you have to do is watch the videos out there of people playing it and see this game is worth the cash.

well there are ways to get it I'm sure you know of. Honestly ive been burned by 2-3 games in last few months and i can say this game is worth buying in the state it is in it puts all other alphas to shame besides State of decay.

Project Zomboid  is another indie alpha thats worth it check it out really great game and its like 8$. Don't let the graphics fool ya

Originally posted by kriminal66

well there are ways to get it I'm sure you know of. Honestly ive been burned by 2-3 games in last few months and i can say this game is worth buying in the state it is in it puts all other alphas to shame besides State of decay.

Project Zomboid  is another indie alpha thats worth it check it out really great game and its like 8$. Don't let the graphics fool ya

State of Decay is only $20 on steam I think.. that game looks amazing imo.

EDIT: but found this out by looking for cost.

Notice: This initial Early Access version of the game REQUIRES a wired Xbox 360 controller or wireless Xbox 360 controller with PC adapter (or compatible 3rd party controller).

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Originally posted by kriminal66

State of Decay is only $20 on steam I think.. that game looks amazing imo.

EDIT: but found this out by looking for cost.

Notice: This initial Early Access version of the game REQUIRES a wired Xbox 360 controller or wireless Xbox 360 controller with PC adapter (or compatible 3rd party controller).

State of Decay looks good but I'm waiting for it to support M&K before buying.  I impulsively bought The Dead Linger off Steam's early access and now wish I hadn't.  All it basically is now is running around to different buildings to collect various items and maybe kill a few zombies.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

LOL The Dead Linger in one the games i got burned by that game has to be my worst buy yet. I cant believe steam advertises that thing.
  • JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    $35 what the hell.
  • HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Looks fun but also looks like it is not an MMORPG?

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Jimmac
    $35 what the hell.

My thoughts exactly.  I'll be ice-skating to hell before I pay that much for a game in Alpha.  :D

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I think a lot of people are starting to discover that reality about these 'indie' games.  How many of these grand MMORPGs or multiplayer RPGs actually become anything?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I think a lot of people are starting to discover that reality about these 'indie' games.  How many of these grand MMORPGs or multiplayer RPGs actually become anything?

I'll name a few: Don't Starve, Kerbel Space Program, Day Z, oh yeah, and that little game called Minecraft.

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Well this is not good, took a dive and purchased it... went to download it and it wont connect to the server they have for downloads. Awesome, and no where I can find on the forums talks about the servers being down. So wtf