Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rust - BEWARE TO PURCHASE

RizzitRizzit Member UncommonPosts: 43

I purchased a key from the rust site but didnt got a key like many others and in forum their team banned people complaining including me for saying:

the guy that opened the post got banned as well as some others:

answer from Garry Newman himself: 

So take care if you consider purchasing a key from this company they  only want customers who dont get angry when they spent money to receive nothing.

EDIT: hetre the link to the forums:

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1313336&p=42434216#post42434216

EDIT2:

This is what Garry really thinks about complaining customers :D

Rizz

Comments

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    And this is the reason why I'm waiting DayZ standalone because  all the other apocalyptic zombi games seemed like scum from begining.
  • irnbru69irnbru69 Member UncommonPosts: 124

I used to follow Rust and even had a beta key at one point, one day I tried to log on to the game and it said invalid user name so I made a ticket and waited very patiently for an answer as to why I could not log in any more. No one ever answered my support ticket and even in the forums I was warned about a ban.

If you browse through there forums you see BAN after BAN, Ive lost a lot of respect for this game and team working on it. I can understand from there point of view they where getting sick of people asking the same questions over and over but what did they expect there in the gaming industry they should be more tolerant towards paying customers.

Fuck Rust.....they can stick there game up there miserable assholes. I will continue to wait for the dayz stand alone or the new game Nether. All these minecraft looking zombie games that are being released will die shortly after the release of proper 3D survival games.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    I was actually considering getting that game, thanks for sharing this, normally these posts don't come with proof, you saved at least one person from getting it. So thank you.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82

Make that 2 people

The Dead Linger is doing the same thing and false advertising which i thought was illegal.

I guess if your a dev you can do what you want after you get the money from the customer.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

OP was banned for being abusive and flaming on the forums. The OP of the thread he was banned in was banned for encouraging people to spam customer service. As Garry says, being abusive is not how you get help, and they are in a position where they don't have to put up with it.

They paid and i'm sure it was instantly took from their bank accounts so yea id be mad to.

If i pay for something and don't receive what i paid for and get no response from customer support i think being mad is expected and few cuss words are the least of their worries. legal action should be used i guess instead of giving your thoughts. Most devs today put them selves above the gamer playing their game and when they get any feed back they don't like they ban lol what is gaming coming to. Use to be they had to pay for people testing their game now they get paid and to top it off they dont want honest opinions just opinions that promote their game or BAN BAN BAN.

Originally posted by kriminal66

They paid and i'm sure it was instantly took from their bank accounts so yea id be mad to.

If i pay for something and don't receive what i paid for and get no response from customer support i think being mad is expected and few cuss words are the least of their worries. legal action should be used i guess instead of giving your thoughts. Most devs today put them selves above the gamer playing their game and when they get any feed back they don't like they ban lol what is gaming coming to. Use to be they had to pay for people testing their game now they get paid and to top it off they dont want honest opinions just opinions that promote their game or BAN BAN BAN.

Except the reason shown in the thread was that the keys were taking about an hour or so to send out because of a backlog at the company processing the orders. There is no basis for legal action. 

And the OP wasn't giving feedback on the game, he was flaming because they banned a guy for encouraging others to spam customer support. You should perhaps read the thread before you post next time. 

I read the thread perhaps you should read this thread like one of the posters above said they never got back to him.
    Besides as a Dev you don't tell a paying customer to F*** Off because you cant supply what you where paid for.
    I read the thread perhaps you should read this thread like one of the posters above said they never got back to him.

The person who didn't get a response wasn't OP, who was banned from the forums for flaming and told that customer support wasn't going to tolerate him swearing at them, and that he wasn't welcome as a customer. I've been on Facepunch since around its initial inception, and they've always had the same message: They will treat you as you treat those around you. Act civilized and you will get an answer. Start throwing a tantrum and you'll be shown the door.

Also: Irnbru, did you try to recover your transaction with the sendowl.com link? http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1307101. If that doesn't work, try sending another ticket. If you still don't get a response, or your key, contact whoever you paid through.

Well in other words your opinion is bias while mine is not. One sided type of deal.

And the dev he is just a hypocrite and is just as "abusive" if not more "abusive" then the people he is banning.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

When you realize it wasn't what you said but the way you said it which put you in this position, you will have entered your way into a larger world of justice and leave behind the world of injustice you perceive.

It is good to always conduct yourself with civility. It is when you have been treated poorly that it becomes essential.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Who said he didn't have the right to be mad?

The point is, he didn't have the right to be uncivil.

Let's see if you can see the difference:

Example A:

I am very upset about my recent transaction. The money has been withdrawn from my account, yet I haven't received my key. Customer Service has been difficult to reach and unhelpful at best. I'd like a resolution to this situation a.s.a.p. or I regret I will not be a continuing customer. 

Example B:

Let's start a spam campaign! That'll teach those heartless bastards!

You see - they were both mad. They both expressed their concern. One example will get you banned - one will not. Neither may get results, but guess which has a better chance?

Just because a company's actions raised your emotions, does not give you license to lose control of them.  Personally, I am embarassed when I lose control of my emotions, especially for the world to see  - even more so when I put it in writing.

Stop thinking about your rights as a consumer and think instead about what kind of a person you want to be.

The first thing I thought when I read the OP - get a hold of yourself man, have some dignity.

In the end the TOS will win. Funny thing is the player is out a game and dev is out a customers recommendation.

Just stop. You can have as many examples as you want and so could I.

Bad business is bad business. And why people feel the need to defend games with a passion that every other game sucks and if anyone says anything bad about their game their wrong is a wounder to me

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    What there needs is actual reciept proof of being paid and then not being able to log on. From that you can really take it as proof.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Sorry but serves you right. You'll get no sympathy from me. Give someone a few bucks and they think they have the right to treat you like sh!t. It's guys like this who prove that power (of money) corrupts absolutely. Want to act like an @$$hole? Then don't act so surprised if you get f---ed. And most times lubeless.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Yes god forbid you cuss in this heavenly place we call the internet.

What gets me is they a consider a support ticket spam?

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

WOW, thanks OP to this thread.

I was watching the auction for their keys and one went in like the first 7 minutes.... i was looking around went back to the auction page and they were sold out at the auction was around $35.00.... I am not buying that all other 9 keys went for $35.00+ 

First off I think the auction is rigged, and 2nd after reading your post and seeing some other reports of the game, glad I didn't get a key.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Kind of don't disagree with this ban, not even going to lie. You not only spammed customer service but encouraged others around you (virtually speaking) to do the same. How doesn't this warrant a ban? He is right, you are what is wrong with the consumers.

If a problem is reported, I don't understand why you people have to spam it as if that makes the process any faster? If anything you're slowing it down because they now have to devote time to respond to the same 3000 tickets. I don't care if you paid and you're a "paying customer". In the worst case you could request a refund (if you were smart and purchased it off Paypal) saying your goods were never delivered... which they weren't.

• ArtugladArtuglad Member Posts: 1
    Ow I will keep that in mind.. 
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Thanks to this post I went and got myself a copy :) was not even aware Gary was working on something else.

Had no issues at all key took a while to come sent a small email they apologized for the delay it was actually the email address I use for PayPal as it is not the most reliable one so was expecting this to crop up. Had a reply with a key in about 20 mins. 

Not sure what the OP's issue is but support have been helpful from my experience. Totally the opposite from what the OP is making out. 

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Tredo

WOW, thanks OP to this thread.

I was watching the auction for their keys and one went in like the first 7 minutes.... i was looking around went back to the auction page and they were sold out at the auction was around $35.00.... I am not buying that all other 9 keys went for $35.00+ 

First off I think the auction is rigged, and 2nd after reading your post and seeing some other reports of the game, glad I didn't get a key.

Picked my key up for $10 in case you was wondering.

• RizzitRizzit Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by Woopin

Thanks to this post I went and got myself a copy :) was not even aware Gary was working on something else.
    Not sure what the OP's issue is but support have been helpful from my experience. Totally the opposite from what the OP is making out. 

There is proven evidence on his twitter account non-fakable so the only one making stuff out is you fanboy / aka employee :D

what counts for me is the fact that due to this post a lot of people have decided to skip this company's product.Even if its only 100 out of 1800, that's around 3500$ net loss for what he said about customers. Maybe that maniac gets the message that his statements are bad for business it's no rocket science.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Rizzit
    Originally posted by Woopin Thanks to this post I went and got myself a copy :) was not even aware Gary was working on something else. Not sure what the OP's issue is but support have been helpful from my experience. Totally the opposite from what the OP is making out. 
    There is proven evidence on his twitter account non-fakable so the only one making stuff out is you fanboy / aka employee :D

what counts for me is the fact that due to this post a lot of people have decided to skip this company's product.Even if its only 100 out of 1800, that's around 3500$ net loss for what he said about customers. Maybe that maniac gets the message that his statements are bad for business it's no rocket science.

Or people could take it as an example of a developer who just doesn't feel like perpetuating the subculture of people who think that paying money entitles them to act however they want.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.