Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rule number 1: you dont talk about df1

SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i found the whole situation hillarious..

They want to have feedback about unholy wars.. yet every thread that is being deleted whoever mention df1 comparing uw with contructed feedback..

People getting banned/infraction points and  your thread is being deleted.. that is one way to shutt your community up!

Well to whoever wants to try darkfall unholy wars i can tell you this:

The game is in beta fase still after 8 months.. and they are charging you 50 dollars for the beta and 15 euro sub.

not even to mention the problems of being double charged and even being charged after you cancel you sub

So lets talk about the "epic" game called unholy wars..

The prowness system:

well you got it right.. prowness system is nothing more then killing 10 rats @ some location and if you done that.. you need to kill even more till the amount of 150(i think) mobs @ a location.. 

This is bascily the whole system.. and you devide your prowness into skills.. goodjob av.. such a innnovation compared to df1. So if your done a mob X there is no point of going back to mob x later ingame time.. because the mob x went complete useless to farm

Sieges:

They managed to fck up the whole idea behind politics warfare and meaningfull holdings.

In unholy wars there is no meaningfull holdings anymore.. because you get more mats from scapping the bottum of the sea while watching  a movie.

Besides the fact there are zero siege equipment ingame which makes this game even more laughable

Classes:

They went from a skill system to a class system which av have actually no idea how to make those classes enjoyable and the forums being spammed with balance issues..

Even after 8 months they implented not even half of the classes besides the fact that you have only 10 skills orso to use in combat.. i call this  a moba game in a open world.

PVP

The whole pvp went apeshit compare to df1.. there is no meaningfull pvp anymore.. sieges are useless because holding are useles. even gear is useless because its so easy to get while scapping the floor being afk or harvest afk.

Population:

Well during beta is pretty nice to see lots of people coming back to df who quitted @ the end of df1.. but the funny thing is they are quitting even faster.

The population is worse compared to df1

The eu server is pretty much dead in 8 months the NA server is on the amount of players we had in the end of df1.

i dont get this company:

They had a amazing game.. this can be backed up by their sold boxed of 150k of df1. compare to unholy wars i think they sold around 5k or 10k boxes somewhere. yet they are trying the invent the wheel again but failed hard delivering it

Some one make a kickstarter of df1 pls omg

AV needs to pull the plugg fast and relaunch df1

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    AV should sell df1 license to another company if there is a buyer. Let those that are interested go after that new company.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    AV should sell df1 license to another company if there is a buyer. Let those that are interested go after that new company.

Wouldn't that kill their current game? I know y'all think thy are stupid but ca you possibly believe they are that stupid

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

It won't kill current game because df1 is for a very vocal niche crowd. Majority will stick to DFUW.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Here's the thing with DarkFall vs Unfinished Wars.  DF was a niche crowd, one I was a part of.  The lack of updates and communication lost a lot of folks along the way.  I played with several clans via alliances, and none of the people I actively played with are currently playing the new game.

With this new game, there are a lot of new faces.  These are the hardcore, staunch supporters, similar to those of us in DF1.  There's really no comparing the two games any more; anyone who played DF1 knows that it might not have been the best game ever, but it had awesome potential.  Potential that was never reached because of production of the new game.

Basically, the old players will forever favor the old game, the new players will forever favor the new game, AV still has no idea what they're doing, and that's it.

PS - Snoepie - it's 180 mobs for the completion of each feat, I believe.  And to the guy with the sig that says the new game is a sandbox - it's not.  You're fooling yourself. 

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

well for me av can burn..

I never gave anything about the company.. because i just played the game for 4 years none stop and nothing more..

the thing is that tasos dont have a qlue what the orginal vision of darkfall was and went into another direction..

Darkfall online was created by norwegain people of razorwax.. which was melted into av later on.. only the guys who created both the engine and darkfall concept left av @ some point..

What was left..company called AV with no vision or the orginal game..

It will go down fast tho.. Mgame prolly will buy the remaning shares and take over so they can focus on their mobile gaming

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462
    I agree with the OP an a lot of what he said.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Snoepie

well for me av can burn..

I never gave anything about the company.. because i just played the game for 4 years none stop and nothing more..

the thing is that tasos dont have a qlue what the orginal vision of darkfall was and went into another direction..

Darkfall online was created by norwegain people of razorwax.. which was melted into av later on.. only the guys who created both the engine and darkfall concept left av @ some point..

Nope, all but 1 are still there, in the head positions at Aventurine.

Df1 had nothing to do with "the original vision of Darkfall". DFUW is at least a playable and fun game, something Darkfall struggled with.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I'm Playing Unfinished Wars only because it "reminds" me of the insane amount of fun, freedom and flexibility I had playing the original.  Notice how I say reminds me because I'm not actually having much fun, it seems its strictly for nostalgic purposes that I log in.

The performance is way worse and graphics are only marginally better.

The targeting UI?   Someone painted a white and red bulls eyes in the center of my monitor and I cant whip it off so I can actually see what I'm shooting my bow at.

The inventory system?  You mean that scroll bar that rolls off screen into infinitely that has all my stuff in it somewhere.

The skills bar?  You mean the pinwheels of I play my XBOX too much but I'm the lead UI developer for a PC only game.

I need to just stop right there, my hands are shaking with frustration.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by apocoluster

Wouldn't that kill their current game? I know y'all think thy are stupid but ca you possibly believe they are that stupid

Current game is already dead man - it has the population of DF1 at the end.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

current game is not dead, there are tons of people still playing on NA1.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Lustmord

No there isnt.

I logged in yesterday and saw tons of people in Ruby. I am a bit lost...

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    I logged in yesterday and saw tons of people in Ruby. I am a bit lost...

Then why would you make a post like this?

"With cold weather kicking in, this will be the last chance for AV to make a real difference. They should make one of the biggest push in AV history by starting giving out 15+ (30) days of free trial to all those that un-sub."

Why start a "mass recruitment" thread if there isn't a population issue?

Also, what is "tons"? 10? 20? 100?

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Lustmord

Then why are you asking AV to mass email old subs to come back and offer FREE time?

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?381399-AV-should-email-old-subscibers-and-offer-free-time-to-come-back

One could deduce if the game was thriving you wouldn't be making such posts.  DFUW doesn't work without players and I'd like more proof before forking over another $15 to AV. There seems to be quite a contradiction between statements made here vs the DF forums.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I agree dfuw is not finished and could use some more content. So darkfall 1 vets think there is literally nothing better in uw other than the graphics?

I think Darkfall UW is lightyears better than most of the linear quest hub themeparks out there. Unless you like being forced down a linear quest driven game there is only dfuw. They def have the basis down for a great game imo. Just need to keep adding content.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

DF1 had amazing combat, fast paced aim based, was epic fun. Played till the day the servers went offline.

They had a GEM, they just needed to polish it some more, but no they left the game to rot a year and a bit in then all the wipe rumours started and that killed DF1.

DF2 is basically crap, end of. The feel of the game just does not fell right, the movement of my char and the way it aims and feels, just feels off. It speaks volumes that I played DF1 from Feb 09 till servers shut down, played DFUW for about a month then unsubbed.

Hope the game bombs and all the DEVs become unemployed, because they don't deserve to develope games...

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

I have left the game too.

My main reason to quit was the numerous kill 180 rats quest. How someone could come up with this idea in a game based on PVP and warfare, is beyond my imagination. Most normal people only have a few hours availabe for gaming each day, and DFUW is just to time consuming for a casual player.

The new GUI bad, and I never liked the right click thing they added. Sieges happen at night when I was asleep, so I usually missed that part too.

I would guess most players who bought DFUW did it for the PVP, and not because we had to kill thousands of rats naked with a starter weapon. I didn`t kill  NPC for the drops, but because I needed to level my char. The forced linear path to get my char done in one role was incredible boring, so I bought two extra account so I could harvest semi-AFK. My char had close to 100 in every crafting skill, but I never bought this game to harvest or craft. I gave up leveling when I had 38000 provess, gave away my house and closed all accounts.

If they make sieges and seafortress in primetime, let me level superfast in one role or make me able to buy provess, I might be back. Might, because I don really miss the grind.

The gui is minimal so it serves the purpose. Problem is with the chat system.

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

I agree the chat is the largest problem.  I also think we need to be able to rearrange, resize, and control the contrast of it like in DF1.

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

The gui is so minimal I can't even see the god damn icons. They really excelled on that one!

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Thaliost

The gui is so minimal I can't even see the god damn icons. They really excelled on that one!

And the guy who made the gui got fired. I think he got fired 2 months after the game got launched. 8 months and we're still stuck with the same gui. I don't get this company. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

This is a bit of a old post but I found it on the search-engine.

Yesterday I started a topic posting a lot of opinions about Dark-Fall UnholyWars and expressing my dislike and hate for the MVP forums, and that if AV didn't make changes I was likely going to drop my multiple subscription accounts, and go play ESO when it comes out or find something else between then of course.

Well apparently I offend a moderator, I look on their forums there are no rules listed or sticky in plain view at the top with any rules or infraction notices/warnings, well guess what...

The Moderator not only deleted the thread, but they ban my account for a day I didn't even know until I logged in today, this goes to show right here that their moderators give no warnings, can't even properly moderate a forum, don't like peoples opinion/dislike for the MVP Forums, did this on the first warning ever on their forum.

Here goes to show that DFUW has some serious problems with moderators, and their game, they can't just lock a thread, and accept someones opinion for dislike of the MVP forums/take the feed-back.

I filed a ticket with customer service as an angry customer for the Moderation, and MVP Forums. I suggest others who don't like the whole MVP Forum might want to do the same thing to let them know you're dislike.

They say my thread was insulting, But Failed to leave it there to prove it my biggest insult was saying that DFUW is going to end up dying if it goes down the path they are going, and that I am likely going to go play ESO, yes that was a big insult.

http://i.imgur.com/EBwMdWC.jpg

So yes Its true Moderators are banning people for discussion about other things, I really didn't want to start a new Topic, or Necro but this is not that old like within the last month.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by Renoaku

http://i.imgur.com/EBwMdWC.jpg

So yes Its true Moderators are banning people for discussion about other things, I really didn't want to start a new Topic, or Necro but this is not that old like within the last month.

I like how he quoted rule 2 and then said you were banned because of a reason that's not even listed in the rules.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    The legendary tales of propaganda and trolling in the Darkfall forums are done and gone.  A single moderator by the name of Ajent Oranj  has systematically banned anything and everything.   If you aren't trying to get AV's D in your mouth then your post is gonna get banned right quick over there.  Its really just one more step toward the game closing its doors for good, if AV wasn't getting subsidized by the Greek government it would have happened already.