Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Melee weapon skill overview via Tamriel Foundry

artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

They have added more over there as far as skills. This time we see Melee Weapons that every class can use.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/10/skill-overview-melee-weapons/

One-Handed and Shield

Masters of defense should look no further than the one-handed and shield skill line, which is clearly intended to be the go-to weapon set for aspiring tanks.

• [Active] Puncture – Deals physical damage, reduces the target’s armor, and taunts the target for a moderate duration.
  • [Active] Low Slash – Deals physical damage, snares target, and reduces the target’s weapon damage for a moderate duration.
  • [Active] Defensive Posture – While slotted, increases block mitigation and reduces block cost.  Activating the skill reflects the next spell projectile back at the attacker.
  • [Active] Shield Charge – Charges to target and attacks, dealing physical damage and stunning the target for a short duration.
  • [Active] Power Bash – Deals physical damage, disorienting the target for a moderate duration.
  • [Passive] Sword and Board – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, all damage and armor are increased.
  • [Passive] Deadly Bash – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, bash deals double damage and costs less stamina.
  • [Passive] Fortress – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, the cost of blocking is reduced.
  • [Passive] Deflect Bolts – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, block an additional percentage of damage from projectiles and ranged attacks.
  • [Passive] Battlefield Mobility – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, movement speed while blocking is increased.

Two-Handed

Up next we have the two-handed weapon line.  Do you enjoy hitting people in the face with heavy objects? Then this is the skill line for you.

• [Active] Cleave – Deals physical damage to all enemies in front of you, inflicting a bleed dealing damage for a moderate duration.
  • [Active] Critical Charge – Charge to target and attack, dealing guaranteed critical physical damage.
  • [Active] Uppercut – After a short cast time, deals physical damage to an enemy, stunning them for a short duration and knocking them back a small distance.
  • [Active] Reverse Slash – Deals physical damage which increases based on the target’s missing health.
  • [Active] Momentum – Increases weapon damage by a flat percentage for a moderate duration, with the percentage amount increasing every few seconds.
  • [Passive] Heavy Weapons – While a two-handed weapon is equipped, axes have a chance to inflict a bleed damage over time effect, maces ignore a flat amount of armor, and swords deal a flat percentage more damage.
  • [Passive] Balance – Reduces the cost of two-handed weapon ability by a moderate percentage.
  • [Passive] Forceful Impact – While a two-handed weapon is equipped, light and heavy attacks deal a moderate percentage of the damage as splash damage to an additional nearby enemy.
  • [Passive] Arcane Fighter – While a two-handed weapon is equipped, the chance of proccing status effects is doubled.
  • [Passive] Battle Rush – While a two-handed weapon is equipped, killing an enemy increases stamina regeneration by a significant amount for a moderate duration.

Dual Wield

Not to be confused with duel wielding, the dual wield skill line offers players the most direct and dedicated route towards dishing out melee damage.

• [Active] Twin Slashes – Two hits for physical damage, inflicting a bleed effect for a short duration.
  • [Active] Flurry – A six hit attack performing bonus damage on the final hit.
  • [Active] Whirlwind – Deals physical damage to all enemies surrounding the caster. Damage is increased versus low health enemies.
  • [Active] Sparks – Blinds the target for a moderate duration.
  • [Active] Hidden Blade – Throws a dagger that deals physical damage and interrupts the target, snaring them for a moderate duration.
  • [Passive] Slaughter - Increases damage by a flat percentage against targets at low health.
  • [Passive] Dual Wield Expert – Increases off-hand weapon damage.
  • [Passive] Controlled Fury - Reduces the cost of dual-wield abilities by a moderate percentage.
  • [Passive] Ruffian – While dual wielding, the player deals more damage against disabled targets.
  • [Passive] Twin Blade and Blunt – While dual wielding, axes have a chance to inflict a bleed damage over time effect, maces deal a percentage of bonus damage against heavily armored targets, swords deal a flat percentage more damage, and daggers have increased critical strike chance.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
R.A.Salvatore

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i sure hope those are not the only skills to choose from, that isn't as much as i had hoped. many of those are passives and if you only have 30% of your skills by max level, how many will you have to choose from while leveling up?

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by baphamet

i sure hope those are not the only skills to choose from, that isn't as much as i had hoped. many of those are passives and if you only have 30% of your skills by max level, how many will you have to choose from while leveling up?

It's an Elder Scrolls game.  ESO is going to allow players to do just about anything.  Which means this is just a taste of your melee combat abilities.  This doesn't include archery, staves, armor, magic, thief, or crafting schools.  It also doesn't include lines from the warriors and mages guilds, as well as the dark brotherhood and thieves guilds.  Plus, there are many, many other ways that characters can further alter their abilities and such that has already been talked about. 

Rest assured, that's not even close to everything.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Originally posted by DAS1337

It's an Elder Scrolls game.  ESO is going to allow players to do just about anything.  Which means this is just a taste of your melee combat abilities.  This doesn't include archery, staves, armor, magic, thief, or crafting schools.  It also doesn't include lines from the warriors and mages guilds, as well as the dark brotherhood and thieves guilds.  Plus, there are many, many other ways that characters can further alter their abilities and such that has already been talked about. 

Just to add one more thing. As you use your skills, you will get a chance to morph them once. So a skill may become something else as you get better at it. For a hypothetical example. If you get a flame spell from the Mage Guild. As you use it, you could morph it into a fire bolt or a fireball.

The destruction staves and restoration staff will have their own skills as well. But they will be magic based so the list above is just the Melee as it stated.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

Originally posted by baphamet i sure hope those are not the only skills to choose from, that isn't as much as i had hoped. many of those are passives and if you only have 30% of your skills by max level, how many will you have to choose from while leveling up?  

i know all of that but when leveling up i only get one or two active abilities to choose from depending on what weapon i want to use? assuming you only have 30% of your skills unlocked by max level.

there seems to be only 5 active abilities for each weapon total and they have said that you only have about 30% of your abilities unlocked by the time you hit max level.

so IMO that isn't a lot to choose from, you pretty much have a choice of a few abilities per weapon to customize your play style.

that just seems kind of low to me. i realize there are other skill lines but those likely wont have a lot of choice either, probably 5 total active abilities just like the weapons have.

the only thing i can hope for is if you focus on one particular set of armor and weapons, you can max those skills out early and get access to all 5 active abilities before max level.

so even though you may only have about 30% of the total skills by max level, you can max out the weapons you choose to focus on early on.

Originally posted by baphamet i sure hope those are not the only skills to choose from, that isn't as much as i had hoped. many of those are passives and if you only have 30% of your skills by max level, how many will you have to choose from while leveling up?  

i know all of that but when leveling up i only get one or two active abilities to choose from depending on what weapon i want to use? assuming you only have 30% of your skills unlocked by max level.

there seems to be only 5 active abilities for each weapon total and they have said that you only have about 30% of your abilities unlocked by the time you hit max level.

so IMO that isn't a lot to choose from, you pretty much have a choice of a few abilities per weapon to customize your play style.

that just seems kind of low to me. i realize there are other skill lines but those likely wont have a lot of choice either, probably 5 total active abilities just like the weapons have.

the only thing i can hope for is if you focus on one particular set of armor and weapons, you can max those skills out early and get access to all 5 active abilities before max level.

so even though you may only have about 30% of the total skills by max level, you can max out the weapons you choose to focus on early on.

They really want the main damage coming from the regular swing and block from your mouse buttons. They don't want a skill spam, it will be more strategic as to when you use your skills. It has been said that skills are costly so you can't spam them.

So 1 ultimate, 2 class, 2 weapon and a racial skill I believe. Not sure on that though. I think there are a couple potion spots too. Plus you will be able to weapons swap to get another 6 if you want.

R.A.Salvatore

Originally posted by artemisentr4
    Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by DAS1337 Originally posted by baphamet i sure hope those are not the only skills to choose from, that isn't as much as i had hoped. many of those are passives and if you only have 30% of your skills by max level, how many will you have to choose from while leveling up?  
    It's an Elder Scrolls game.  ESO is going to allow players to do just about anything.  Which means this is just a taste of your melee combat abilities.  This doesn't include archery, staves, armor, magic, thief, or crafting schools.  It also doesn't include lines from the warriors and mages guilds, as well as the dark brotherhood and thieves guilds.  Plus, there are many, many other ways that characters can further alter their abilities and such that has already been talked about.      Rest assured, that's not even close to everything.
      i know all of that but when leveling up i only get one or two active abilities to choose from depending on what weapon i want to use? assuming you only have 30% of your skills unlocked by max level. there seems to be only 5 active abilities for each weapon total and they have said that you only have about 30% of your abilities unlocked by the time you hit max level. so IMO that isn't a lot to choose from, you pretty much have a choice of a few abilities per weapon to customize your play style. that just seems kind of low to me. i realize there are other skill lines but those likely wont have a lot of choice either, probably 5 total active abilities just like the weapons have. the only thing i can hope for is if you focus on one particular set of armor and weapons, you can max those skills out early and get access to all 5 active abilities before max level. so even though you may only have about 30% of the total skills by max level, you can max out the weapons you choose to focus on early on.      
    They really want the main damage coming from the regular swing and block from your mouse buttons. They don't want a skill spam, it will be more strategic as to when you use your skills. It has been said that skills are costly so you can't spam them.

So 1 ultimate, 2 class, 2 weapon and a racial skill I believe. Not sure on that though. I think there are a couple potion spots too. Plus you will be able to weapons swap to get another 6 if you want.

right, there just doesn't seem a lot of choice in terms of different skills to use, that's what i am saying.

its not a big deal to me, i was just hoping there would be more of a variety of skills to choose from. especially considering it takes a while to get all the skills.

^^

If it helps, you will at least get to weapon swap at level 15. So you can have multiple skills based on your weapons. We don't know how soon you get to join and get mage or fighter guild skills. Also you can use an ability once you earn it regardless of weapon. If you learn a fire spell, you can use it with a sword and board.

R.A.Salvatore

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Combat that will require tons of  skill is what will keep my interest in this game.  I have mixed feeling about weapon based skill.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"