Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained: Latest Update Spotlights Progress & Reveals New Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Camelot Unchained developer diary has a huge laundry list of completed activities that the developers have been working on lately. In addition, the team has put together a banshee animation test video for your viewing pleasure.

Today’s final notes are about two of our races, the Bean Sidhe (Banshee) and the next upcoming Becoming tale. The Banshee animation that accompanies this piece is, of course, a first pass, but I think it’s safe to say that she fits in nicely with the dark setting for this game. That being said, I think she is well along the way to being a harbinger of things to come. Speaking of harbingers, the next Becoming tale & art will be revealed soon. This is the story that some of you have seen me talk about on the forums. It is easily the darkest tale I’ve written so far and while I have toned it down quite a bit, it is still not meant for kids. It is dark, brutal and still manages to cross a few lines so if you like your “safe” fantasy, this will not be the tale for you. OTOH, if you want to read a very dark story that draws on, sadly, real world events for its inspiration, then this story may be for you.

Thanks, SuperConducting, for the tip!

Read more on the Camelot Unchained site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Thanks for your Thanks Suzie.

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

Heard on the forums that the Banshee's Racial Passive is they summon ghosts that fly around them and do true damage to everything around them, before flying back and healing them for the damage done. The DPS is ridiculous and obviously OP.

• CertheGreatCertheGreat Member UncommonPosts: 29
    i feel uneasy about a kickstarter backed mmo all the hype and excitement seems to be the complete opposite come launch time
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    That looks really good to me !
  • OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I think they have done a great job so far!!!

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Originally posted by FlyinDutchman87

Heard on the forums that the Banshee's Racial Passive is they summon ghosts that fly around them and do true damage to everything around them, before flying back and healing them for the damage done. The DPS is ridiculous and obviously OP.

How can you possibly be crying about balance and over powered at this point of development? Thats like just assuming if a character is a Giant they will be way out of line because 3 feet taller than a Human. 

I think the design is refreshing and different!

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

I... It was a Dota 2 reference. That's what Krob's Ult does.... She's a banshee.

/emotears

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Maybe they should wait on the videos until they have a little more to put in them...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by FlyinDutchman87

Hey everyone we have The Grand Oracle of gaming here..  Doff ya caps

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Hoo boy....

Gonna be a looooooong buildup to this one.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by CertheGreat
    i feel uneasy about a kickstarter backed mmo all the hype and excitement seems to be the complete opposite come launch time

Well it's helmed by the guy who made one of the best MMOs ever, and this time there's no EA to dick him over and he has had years of lessons.

This SHOULD be a fantastic game when it's done.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Maybe they should wait on the videos until they have a little more to put in them...

Well then people would probably say the info is not coming out fast enough/theres no info/vaporwaress!..

Better too much info, even in small bits, than not enough, in my opinion.

but what do I know?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Marcus-
    Originally posted by bcbully

Well then people would probably say the info is not coming out fast enough/theres no info/vaporwaress!..

Better too much info, even in small bits, than not enough, in my opinion.

but what do I know?

more than me ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"