Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Devs Speak out on Friends Lists in EQ Next

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

In case you missed it yesterday, the SOE devs are speaking out about how they're thinking of handling Friends Lists across EQ Next and Landmark. Read on for the video.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I saw this the other day. I just thought who cares, can we get some real news already? When will landmark launch for starters?
    Like what exact day?
    And don't tell me Tuesday everything launches on a Tuesday
  • EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Im guessing December for landmark. Probably on a Tuesday lol.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Funny how that whole conversation revolved around real life friends being able to get a hold of you, and not about tools to meet new friends and the management of that arena.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    The topic was friendslist for that matter. Not the overall social aspect of the game

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

This just in! EQN:Landmark launches on Thursday night at midnight! Thats right you can play all weekend starting friday!

-not

• ZajjarZajjar Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Money/currency, make all the characters share the same money account, just like in diablo, and make it so, that u can turn it off and on. So u can see wich character made the most plat and for the ppl who roleplay beggars
  • ZajjarZajjar Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Ohh and yeah, make i so, that u can chose either og the two, friends add to account or friends add to character. Then u can keep a good track of superficial friendships and for those who matter can always reach u
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Nitth
    Funny how that whole conversation revolved around real life friends being able to get a hold of you, and not about tools to meet new friends and the management of that arena.

What sort of tools to meet new friends and manage them did you have in mind?

Eg, If you find a good tank you like grouping with, Set which characters he or she can find you on, and set private the ones you don't.

Giving a person a global handle to your characters doesn't seem ideal, but devising a "white list" kind of system would.

edit: alternatively, Maybe a custom handle that contains your "utility characters" ie, healer, tank. and that can be handed out.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development