Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 v 12 Space Combat

All I can say is wow!  If this is what it appears on their site I am glad I recently returned to the game.  Looks like BIG fun!

Comments

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    There's going to be a flood of negativity on this post, unfortunately, but I say if you're excited by this OP then that's great news.  The addition looks like it could be fun, especially if they've managed to make the fighters handle well, have lots of customization, and reward skillful piloting in the process.
  • clipwhiteclipwhite Member Posts: 28
    Thanks for the kind words!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    pretty light on the info. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

Here are the details with video

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter

The expansion is also Free but Subs get 2 month early access

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by thecapitaine
    There's going to be a flood of negativity on this post, unfortunately, but I say if you're excited by this OP then that's great news.  The addition looks like it could be fun, especially if they've managed to make the fighters handle well, have lots of customization, and reward skillful piloting in the process.

I think your post hits the nail on the spot. The trailer looks good - but trailers are meant to look good.

We will have to wait for the actual gameplay to spot strengths and weaknesses of this.

Then again I'm one of the few who even enjoy the railroad space missions so EAware would have to mess up big time to disappoint me on this.

Harbinger of Fools
  • SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137

Not a fan of 3rd person only, would be really nice to have seen cockpits.

No doubt it will be the same 'point and click' mouse BS that still doesn't have an invert feature 2 years later.

I want to be optimistic about SWTOR because it's all we have in terms of an SW MMO but every chance they get to do something great is usually eclipsed by half hearted mediocrity.

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203
    This looks great can't wait. The last content update is a blast two great ops new PvP and now this. I know the two pro haters that have wasted two years now lieing and bashing this game will be hijacking this post very shortly its unfortunate this site doesn't stop them. But don't worry they are running out of copy/paste material.
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Seems like it's PvP only but i hope they add PvE to it later.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    This looks pretty good. Has that xwing vs tie fighter feel which is the best space combat game ever.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• pleasantly surprised to see it scheduled to come out in 2 months. didnt think we would see it until at least mid way through next year
    Originally posted by gaou
    pleasantly surprised to see it scheduled to come out in 2 months. didnt think we would see it until at least mid way through next year

I had just predicted on the official forums earlier today in a discussion that it will be out in 2-3 months image

The reason being that a lot of stuff has already been datamined in patches 2.3.X and 2.4.X to suggest that's it's quite close to a release.

Also, in case you have missed it, here are two posts from the reddit swtor sub giving lots of information on game modes, companions, etc. based on Data Mined from the past couple of patches.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1lw7p3/swtormined_notso_super_secret_space_project/

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1n0jss/swtormined_pts_sssp_patch_9222013/

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    this gona be epic!
  • Masonic1Masonic1 Member Posts: 41

what a joke.

12v12? come on what happened to the swg 100+ battles we used to have? or better yet maybe they should be working on things the players have been demanding like a better f2p system, chat bubbles, open worlds, fix crafting, open world pvp. oh and as for it being free how much stuff do you think they will be pushing in the cartel market after this? and we all know why it's free i wouldn't drop money on this and i don't think anyone should.

disney come on lets get a real star wars game back like swg

Originally posted by Masonic1

what a joke.

12v12? come on what happened to the swg 100+ battles we used to have? or better yet maybe they should be working on things the players have been demanding like a better f2p system, chat bubbles, open worlds, fix crafting, open world pvp. oh and as for it being free how much stuff do you think they will be pushing in the cartel market after this? and we all know why it's free i wouldn't drop money on this and i don't think anyone should.

Player will demand everything for free, doesn't mean they have to give it.

Chat bubbles - not wanted by many players and not at all a top priority issue for the game.

Open worlds - A planet once loaded is entirely open. Nothing more can be done not because of the Hero engine but because it's not possible in a game like this

Crafting - perfectly fine, one of the best after FFXIV

Open world PvP - already exists on higher level planets

100+ people will definitely cause lag and then we will have people again calling for their heads because of that.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by jpnz
    This looks pretty good. Has that xwing vs tie fighter feel which is the best space combat game ever.

Sorry, not even close to that. X vsT was more a simulation than and arcade dogfighting game.

That being said, Im actually looking forward to this. I hate space combat the way it is now.

And this may give the cybertech a needed boost.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Originally posted by Hokie
    Originally posted by jpnz

Sorry, not even close to that. X vsT was more a simulation than and arcade dogfighting game.

That being said, Im actually looking forward to this. I hate space combat the way it is now.

And this may give the cybertech a needed boost.

Ship upgrades probably aren't  like PvE ships. You won't be using your ship and upgrades are unlocked on the fighter ship in Tiers. Read the data mine i posted above for some details on it.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

what a joke.

12v12? come on what happened to the swg 100+ battles we used to have?

Umm, it went away when they shutdown SWG?

Another "I wish this was SWG" fan who cant accept, or even understand this is a different game.

SWtOR SWG

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by heider89
    this gona be epic!

I agree

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    12 v 12 space pvp wont work well in the small tunnel maps they have. Unless its open space it wont have high replayability IMO. That trailer shows all the players flying in linear paths every time so its clearly still tunneled gameplay. Lets wait and see.

• GMan33GMan33 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by skyline385

what a joke.

Player will demand everything for free, doesn't mean they have to give it.

Chat bubbles - not wanted by many players and not at all a top priority issue for the game. - Entirely YOUR opinion, it has been requested since BETA - a SIMPLE feature called chat bubbles, that is standard in MMOs - still not in game

Open worlds - A planet once loaded is entirely open. Nothing more can be done not because of the Hero engine but because it's not possible in a game like this - You might want to research what open world means

Crafting - perfectly fine, one of the best after FFXIV - One of the best? Wow...if you like a dumb downed, fully automated grade school crafting, I guess.

Open world PvP - already exists on higher level planets - Which is abysmal and offers no incentives or risks or rewards for participating it in

100+ people will definitely cause lag and then we will have people again calling for their heads because of that. - Blame that on horrible engine.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Also, in case you have missed it, here are two posts from the reddit swtor sub giving lots of information on game modes, companions, etc. based on Data Mined from the past couple of patches.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1lw7p3/swtormined_notso_super_secret_space_project/

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1n0jss/swtormined_pts_sssp_patch_9222013/

hmmm. Thank you.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Here are the details with video

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter

The expansion is also Free but Subs get 2 month early access

Yes, beta test it for everyone else.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

all additions to this game are good, but I think many players want less boundaries and this is another instanced warzone with long loading screens.

I guess they really can't modify the game engine to house more then 12 players in a single place without lag.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Muke

all additions to this game are good, but I think many players want less boundaries and this is another instanced warzone with long loading screens.

I guess they really can't modify the game engine to house more then 12 players in a single place without lag.

I would of thought it would be one loading screen per map , which is fine by me. There aren't that many boundaries in the game really speaking. Some planets are pretty big really but each to their own. Don't you mean 24 players before it lags out ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]