Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High gpu usage on the second card.

dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135

I don't know what happened here. I'm running dual HD 7950, it usually share same usage, but today i notice that the gpu1 usuage is online around 50% wile the second always stay at 99%. This does not happen when i don't play game, if i watch video or just let the PC idle, everything will be good. But everytime i play a game, GPU2 always has the highest usage, even when i alt+tab out of the game, the GPU1 will drop to 0% while the GPU2 stuck at 99%. Any idea?

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Got the latest CCC and CAP drivers?

• dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    i did.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Swap the cards with each other. See what happens.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by Grunty

Swap the cards with each other. See what happens.

It does not work wither, the usage still stay at 99%

I use the latest driver even the newest beta driver, still does not fix the problem.

Originally posted by dg29031994
    Originally posted by Grunty Swap the cards with each other. See what happens.
    It does not work wither, the usage still stay at 99%

The 2nd card stays high, or the same card stays high (presumably moved to being the primary card now)?

Also, does the fan speed go up on the card reading high? or does it sit approximately where the other card is?

the second GPU fan speed is a lot higher than the first GPU. I do believe the GPU 1 is the primary, i switched them but that does not fix the problem. The GPU1 fan speed is about 30-41 and the PGU2 fan speed is 61-67. And the temp of the GPU1 is about 6 degree lower than the  GPU2.

This is almost certainly a driver problem then.

Try doing a complete driver uninstall, use Drive Sweeper to make sure they are all clear.

Reinstall from the latest downloads - make sure you get new ones.

If that doesn't work, you maybe able to roll back to a Windows Restore Point (if you have that enabled ), or if your daring just reinstall the entire system clean.

I rolled back to the 13.4 version of the driver and it fixed the problem. I used the driver sweeper and install the newest driver (13.9), that did not work. I reinstalled windows then install the newest driver, it still did not work. Then uninstall the new driver, redownload the 13.4 version, installed and it works perfectly.