Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a gaming Laptop - mid to high end graphics - suggestions please?

SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81

looking mainly to play guild wars 2 and final fantasy 14. may check out TESO when it comes out. Would like to run graphics on mid-high settings. not looking for ultra settings or anything.

would like this laptop to be cost efficient where possible. thank you for the help

Comments

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Soldor

looking mainly to play guild wars 2 and final fantasy 14. may check out TESO when it comes out. Would like to run graphics on mid-high settings. not looking for ultra settings or anything.

would like this laptop to be cost efficient where possible. thank you for the help

What exactly is your budget?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Why do you need a gaming laptop in particular?  They don't make sense for very many people, and even if you need both a gaming computer and also a laptop, it doesn't automatically follow that you need a gaming laptop.
  • kjemperkjemper Member Posts: 181

I purchased a gaming laptop because I travel a ton for work and taking my desktop with me was a hassle.  

I've really enjoyed my alienware laptop and would recommend for anyone to check them out.  Mine does have an overheating issue though to the point where it affects performance.  For a while, I thought it was simply hardware issue.  I finally purchased a lap tray (is that what you call them?) that has a USB fan to help cool the laptop and the thing just screams now with the extra cooling help.

• SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    I'd like to not go over 1000 if possible. And I need laptop cause of work
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Originally posted by Soldor
    I'd like to not go over 1000 if possible. And I need laptop cause of work

Even if you need both a laptop and also a gaming computer, it doesn't follow that you need a gaming laptop.  I need both a refrigerator and a microwave, but I don't need a single device that can do both.

Do you frequently need to take the laptop away from home and play games on it away from home?  Most likely, you're not going to be playing games on your laptop at work that much.

With laptops, the hardware that makes sense varies wildly from one person to the next and depends greatly on your needs, even within a given budget range.  That's why I want to know what you're going to do with the laptop.  Where are you going to use it, and what demanding programs will you use on it there?