Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for F2P MMO not very PvP oriented

CyberchuckCyberchuck Member UncommonPosts: 11

I usually  don't play games at all(I prefer reading manga image) but I'm looking for F2P MMO where I should not need to worry about fast leveling up and acquiring good experience in order to protect myself from other players attacks(I don't want to have a feeling of MMO FPSimage) because I want to visit it from time to time and spend two-three hours a day. 

My previous experience was L2 Interlude & Kamael(I usually spent up to 7-8 hours a day). But It was many years ago lol.

Sorry for my English

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

From my own experience:

Istaria:Chronicles of the Gifted.  Entirely PvE, no worries about being assaulted by lvl.100 opponent while you are level 10. Lots of combat schools (from BloodMage to simply Warrior) as well as crafting ones...and you can multiclass. Yes, you can finish Warrior, then become Cleric, then Spiritist, then...Same with crafting.

F2P means: you could be only Human, have only one toon and cannot own land. Paying customers may become powerfull ancient Dragons and own property.

Lord of the rings online (Lotro). My currently played game (Withywindle server, NaktiesKarys). I am almost addicted to this game, its big lore. If you like Tolkien, I'd suggest considering Lotro. Choose any of 4 free races, almost any combat school and advance your craft mastery through 8 tiers, being able to (finally) craft legendary weapons. Housing is kind of good, you can decorate house as you see fit.

F2P means: 2 toons per server, 2 combat schools not available, you have money cap, do not have riding skill, cannot sell stuff in auction house, cannot use swift travel. Free regions - up to Lonelands, epic quests are free for all.  However, you will gain Turbine points for doing deeds, like "explore ABC region", "kill NN wolves"., "complete XX quests in region". It is possible to purchase almost anything without paying a cent (though not swift travel).

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic) might be for you. Roll up a toon on a PvE server and you won't have to worry about it.

I played Lineage 2 from BETA though F2P and yeah, that game was just brutal for new players, most Free games now aren't anywhere near as bad as L2 was/is.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I would have thought most of the f2p mmos out there are what you are looking for.

There are not many PVP oriented games out there.

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Could take a look at Tera , Rift, and Dragons Prophet. All pretty decent PvE and F2P. I'm not really hardcore into any game now, just a couple hours here and there. All fairly newer games and run pretty good. Tera is a massive download tho.  And Rift has problems patching from time to time. But all in all, good casual PvE games.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CyberchuckCyberchuck Member UncommonPosts: 11

Originally posted by Hatefull

I played Lineage 2 from BETA though F2P and yeah, that game was just brutal for new players, most Free games now aren't anywhere near as bad as L2 was/is.

Well I was one of those players who usually attacked other players and rookiesimageBut now I want to live peacefullyimage

Thanks for  all suggestions. 

Sorry for my English

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I would avoid SWTOR unless you like being bombarded by requests from the cash shop every other second. Their FTP model is awful.

Can't really give you much advice though considering almost every MMO out there is FTP now and generally it is because they weren't great games in the first place. Just depends on what you like out of a game.

I played SWTOR, Rift, Aion and Tera all since they went FTP but none of them stuck for me so I'm back to GW2.

Age of Conan just opened up their free to play model so it isn't so restrictive too. That is a title worth trying if it looks appealing to you.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Vanguard was a really good PvE oriented game and it's F2P now with a really nice community.

• PalanorPalanor Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I'd recommend Rift. Great game, pvp is optional, solo-friendly and a very good (imo) pricing model.

Nerf rock, paper is fine -Scissor