Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Blood & Madness Arriving October 15th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has announced that the annual thrills and chills live event for Guild Wars 2 will arrive in game on October 15th. Called "Blood & Madness", the event marks the arrival of Bloody Prince Edrick, son of Mad King Thorn. The team has also announced that there will be new challenges and rewards for those who think they've "been there, done that" in last year's event.

In Blood and Madness, with Halloween fast approaching, Magister Tassi of the scholarly order Durmand Priory has detected some unusual energy readings that indicate another force is rising from the Underworld. This time, it’s Bloody Prince Edrick, son of Mad King Thorn, the insane tyrant who ruled Kryta centuries ago and now haunts Tyria as the powerful spirit of Halloween. Frightful new events and challenges await players as they confront the Bloody Prince and his growing, evil influence.

Blood and Madness also includes several new features and rewards. Players can get an early look at the release by joining a preview livestream with ArenaNet developers on Monday, Oct. 14, at noon (PDT) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.

New Events

·         Mad Realm Doors: Players can trick-or-treat at haunted doors across Kryta. Beware: Knocking isn’t without risk.

·         Mad King’s Labyrinth: Bloody Prince Edrick has taken over parts of the Mad King’s Labyrinth and is controlling the undead armies in the Mad King’s Realm. The Skeletal Lich, Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn, and the Labyrinthine Horror lie in wait.

·         Mad King’s Clock Tower:  Tyria’s most maddening jumping puzzle thrilled players during last year’s Halloween event and returns better than ever. Only the most skillful will navigate the insanity of the Mad King’s Clock Tower to reach the top in time.

·         Lunatic Inquisition: Players can put their PvP skills to the test in the Mad King’s Labyrinth. Play as a villager trying to survive the night or a lunatic courtier intent on destruction. Survival tools and hidden secrets are waiting to be discovered.

New Features

• Combat Quality of Life Fixes: Improvements to combat include new ground targeting options, better targeting, and a new, optional way to display condition damage numbers.

• Trait and Skill Tooltips: Updates to the tooltip system for traits and skills mean traits will now display numbers, and skill tooltips will show how skills are affected by equipped traits.

• Balance Updates: Existing skills and traits have received a balance pass with a focus on improving support builds in all parts of the game for all professions.

New Rewards

• Sweet  Rewards: Players completing the Blood and Madness meta achievement will receive a Mini Candy Corn Elemental, while following the storyline can earn players a Candy Corn node for their home instance.

• Candy Cornucopia: Players can trade Candy Corn for new Halloween items like a Mini Bloody Prince, a 20-slot Halloween Pail and special crafting items needed for Halloween weapons.

• Mask of the Night: Players can earn a Mask of the Night by proving their abilities to obey the maniacal monarch in rounds of Mad King Says.

Find out more on the official Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74

Don't forget this bit from the site:

Introducing the First World vs. World Season

Starting on October 18 and running through December 5, we’ll be hosting the first WvW season! We’ll be splitting up worlds into leagues, and each world within a league will compete against every other world over the course of the season. Not only will you be rewarded for your team’s season-long performance, but you’ll also be rewarded each week that you participate!

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    So many comments

• BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345
    I really miss GW expansions, new characters, lands and quests. What GW2 is doing now, just doesn't pull me back. I already have four level 80 characters, and the story ends except for loot and stuff I'm not interested in.
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Yes a real expansion would be great. I don't care for the quick'n dirty patches
  • Enola-B-29Enola-B-29 Member Posts: 18
    Indeed, have been burnt out with the living story.  13 characters (7 level 80's), nearly 2000 hours and 8200 achievement points, I am tired of the living story.  Unfortunately I have left two weeks ago, don't think I will come back.  If they had just brought out new "normal" GW2 content similar to what they had in their advertising of what the game was going to be like prior to release, I am pretty sure I would have stuck around.  After I did play 7 years of GW1.  Such a pity :(

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I have never understood how can people expect to play ANY game WITHOUT interruptions, no matter how good. I love pizza but can not eat every day 5 times for rest of my life. To keep interest fresh we all need "detours".

Have my complains but overall (considering financial investment and fun) Gw2 has one of the best ratios so far.

Still only games I can immagine to play for life time (with MONDATORY breaks) are so far Wow and Swtor. And after long years have returned to EQ2 and I'm having a blast currently. Probably - considering also original age - one of best mmos for detail, complexity, ... ever made. Now graphics feels of course outdate, but stil decent.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Enola-B-29
    Indeed, have been burnt out with the living story.  13 characters (7 level 80's), nearly 2000 hours and 8200 achievement points, I am tired of the living story.  Unfortunately I have left two weeks ago, don't think I will come back.  If they had just brought out new "normal" GW2 content similar to what they had in their advertising of what the game was going to be like prior to release, I am pretty sure I would have stuck around.  After I did play 7 years of GW1.  Such a pity :(

what i cant understand is why would you have 13 chars when there is only 8 classes, are you that much of a hoarder?

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Lokberg

what i cant understand is why would you have 13 chars when there is only 8 classes, are you that much of a hoarder?

Then I guess you wouldn't understand why I have even more. There's 8 classes and 5 races and 40 is the maximum number of toons you can have on an account. I have 16 toons at the moment, 3 80's, a few real close to 80 and I don't think I'll stop at 16. I just love cool looking toons with their own personal stories and racial quirks.

So no matter how many characters you have on your account, you can't really have too many as far as I'm concerned.

imageimage
  • Enola-B-29Enola-B-29 Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Lokberg

I do horde stuff.  So I have a character for storage.  Yes, I know you can create your own guild, which I have, but you can't keep account/soulbound stuff there.  This was all before the upgrade to bank slots.

I also created a Sylvari Ranger at one point, after spending a month or two playing, I decided relating to the Sylvari didn't work, so went and started with a Human instead.  Same happened with my Charr Warrior.  Changed him to a female Norn.  Originally, there was no indication as to the importance of having Day 1 characters.  In GW1 it could net you a lot of money with birthday gifts, etc., so deleting a character is not something one would do.  Now, I know it doens't make much difference due to the crappy birthday presents.  Still, deleting characters is not something I like doing, like deleting a par t of my history.  Which is why it is so difficult for me to walk away from GW2.

I also created another three characters for the purpose camping at spended chests.

So yeah... shoot me :)