Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A real review.

First off, I was not a trial member. I had 2 accounts, both paid and had 4 characters each.

The game has a good crafting system, it also has a good taming/breeding system. That is the only positives.

The flag system barely works, half the time things dont register, and even if they do most of the people who are red dont care anyways. The direct x 10 client is just trash, it barely works. You will get lights flashing every where, and crash. There are so many bugs its not even funny. At any moment be prepared to have your self stuck in random things, you will hit walls that arent there. You will fall through the ground at a bunch of spots. The parry system is laughable, because it only works to the advantage of who ever is closest to the sever. If you manage to get the other persons swing in a block right before it hits you, your next hit will do double damage.

The trade system is terrible. You cannot tell what the person is trying to give you, unless your a master at the crafting system. The only way your getting a master at the crafting system is if you have at least 2 paid for accounts with 4 characters. That won t even get you any where near all the crafting stuff. Basically here is what you get to look forward to. If you go the solo route with getting your own crafting going on. You will spend over 100 hours, in gathering stuff, making and deleting characters, to figure out what age its suppose to be, and what its stats are. Now you are gonna spend at least 20 more hours figuring out how and where to get your books to get the crafting skills. Then about 40 hours grinding out the gold, by killing skeletons over and over hoping nobody kills you. Once you get all that done, you are arent even close to understanding how the crafting system works. About that time you managed to figure out how to get resources, and which spot you got to put it in. Now you got to spend many many hours figuring out how to get the resources, and where to store them. Now you are crafting junk items. It will take you over 1000 more hours to figure out how much resources go where, and how to place them in the right spots ect. If you have to get your own stuff, it takes around 4 hours of gathering, 2 hours of extracting the resources from that stuff, and about 5 mins of crafting to get your self some armor and weapons. Then you will go out and die, within about 10 mins, and have to do that again. What ends up happening there is no one does this because they all quit like i do. So if you like to play on your own time, and solo and do what you want. This game is not for you in any way shape or form. You have to have a guild of people, and deal with what they tell you to do all day long every day. So look forward to doing the bitch work of the guild for months.

If you go the guild route, and listen to all their crap all day long, you will be able to get to combat faster. In combat you will look forward to, lag and glitches all over. So who wins comes down to who can figure out how to use the bug to their advantage best. Then if you even make it to a guild war, the server will most likely randomly crash on you. Out of the 3 weeks i played, the server randomly crashed 4 times. Which the server will get rolled back at least 2-10mins. So anything you did is gone.

There has not been a update in all the 3 weeks i played, and there doesnt seem to be one coming any time soon. There is a donation system, because the only people that play long are the people that have no lives, out side of working and playing this game. So be prepared when you join the guild team speak, to listen to a bunch of lonely old men cry your ear off all day long. But anyways, instead of fixing any bugs, or upgrading the server, or fixing the hundreds of balance problems, you know what they did. They used the donation money to hire some one to do animations. Yep animations lol.

You get all that and less, if you make it pass the mortal online patch process, which will just use like 25-40 gbs for no reason, because it doesnt delete anything. Better make sure you have over 60gbs left, because if you dont and it runs out of space, even if you were 99 percent done, guess what you get to do it all over again.

So i spent 66 dollars to play this horrible game. It wasted a bunch of my time ill give it that. This has been the worst mmorpg experience i have ever had, and i have played over 30, starting with uo. This game has made me decided to quit mmorpgs, and never come back. The community in these games over the last 14 years of these games has gone from great, to the worst kind of people on the planet. The games use to be about having a good time with people, and having fun. Now its about trying to make people mad, and get them to quit. Games use to be pretty bug free when they came out. Now it takes 3 years to just get alpha stage. They turned the fun times into a stupid gimmick to try and take peoples money. Well have fun mmos, your in for the worst mmorpgs have to offer, if you didnt have the pleasure of starting before wow, then i am sorry you missed a great moment in time. It is all down hill from here.

Comments

• TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

Hey, man. I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience, and nothing is worse than an MMO putting a bitter taste in your mouth for the genre.

I've also been playing MMOs since Ultima Online, and I agree that, with the enlargement of the genre, a lower common denominator has hit the community. However, with that said, don't let Mortal Online be the end of your MMORPG journey. I have found that, generally, like real life, MMOs feature good people and bad.

Personally, I've had a good time with the community on Guild Wars 2, mostly because I found a guild of mature individuals, full of people who are married couples or have kids. In other words, mostly mature adults (not that you have to be one of those to be mature, but it's usually a good indicator if those people feel welcome in the guild). But, that doesn't mean I haven't ran into plenty of complete and utter jerks, either, outside of that guild. It's a mixed bag. For every fantastic party I get where we're chatting and making jokes, there's one where somebody acts like an elitist scumbag.

It also sounds like your problem is with how Mortal Online spends its money from consumers. That's a big issue, and I'd certainly leave a game if I felt my money wasn't going to improve the game experience, either.

Anyway, again, sorry about your experience, but you should keep giving MMOs a playthrough and find a group you meld with. I think it'll help. But if you feel you need a break from them, that I can certainly understand.

Good gaming,

- Tryken

• Souleater42069Souleater42069 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Tryken

Hey, man. I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience, and nothing is worse than an MMO putting a bitter taste in your mouth for the genre.

I've also been playing MMOs since Ultima Online, and I agree that, with the enlargement of the genre, a lower common denominator has hit the community. However, with that said, don't let Mortal Online be the end of your MMORPG journey. I have found that, generally, like real life, MMOs feature good people and bad.

Personally, I've had a good time with the community on Guild Wars 2, mostly because I found a guild of mature individuals, full of people who are married couples or have kids. In other words, mostly mature adults (not that you have to be one of those to be mature, but it's usually a good indicator if those people feel welcome in the guild). But, that doesn't mean I haven't ran into plenty of complete and utter jerks, either, outside of that guild. It's a mixed bag. For every fantastic party I get where we're chatting and making jokes, there's one where somebody acts like an elitist scumbag.

It also sounds like your problem is with how Mortal Online spends its money from consumers. That's a big issue, and I'd certainly leave a game if I felt my money wasn't going to improve the game experience, either.

Anyway, again, sorry about your experience, but you should keep giving MMOs a playthrough and find a group you meld with. I think it'll help. But if you feel you need a break from them, that I can certainly understand.

Good gaming,

- Tryken

Thanks a lot for your message. Maybe that is my problem. I pick games like mortal online, but there just seem to be the worst people imaginable playing games like that. I like games like that not, because i like to run around and kill every one. Which seem to be the norm in any game like that. Guess people just love to cause people harm... But... The reason i do is because those games seem to have the better crafting systems. Like mortal, i was really enjoying that i could make 100000 of different weapons, and each would be my own. Also there were to many to count potions, armor, food, and lots of other stuff to make. In all the other games i see, I dont know about guild wars, but like wow, the crafting in that i dont even know what that is. Its not crafting in my book, it the worst system of crafting i have ever seen. UOs crafting, from the start to now, i think is still great fun, but the graphics are just to bad. The best was SWG, but that emu is in alpha still. POTBS sounds like it has fun crafting, - the fact that you have to have 30 accounts to get any where in crafting.

So i guess my online hope is, i figure out how to mod skyrim, and make my self a mod that brings mortal onlines crafting to Skyrim. But that in it self, would prolly ruin the fun, because since i made it i know how it all works. The fun for me is figuring it out. So, I am just out of luck. Or I will go back to swg emu. That was the best experience i have had in a long time. I logged in, ran around for a few hours. Some one took me to there city, and we just chatted about the game for a few hours, and they gave me some stuff and said have fun. I log into mortal online, and some ones trying to follow me around for hours trying to see if i leave the town so they can take my stuff.

I just wish there was a game with mortal online/SWG crafting where every resource is unique, and the items you create are your own, and different from every one elses. With out the insane people, who find it fun to sit for hours seeing what the best way it is to ruin some ones fun. So since open world pvp, just brings those people. SWG crafting, in a no open world pvp.

I have tried vanguard, but again that crafting is stupid, its just a play on the push button theme, instead on instant making, you have to jump through some hoops and hit a few more buttons, but in the end every one makes the same thing, and every one gets the same resources. Eq 2 same way. Every game out now is that way, that i know of - SWG EMU, Ulitma Online, and mortal online. Is it so hard to put a crafting system in, like those games. I guess so since no other games have it.

But, I am getting off track sorry lol. Thanks again for the encouraging words.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Souleater42069

First off, I was not a trial member. I had 2 accounts, both paid and had 4 characters each.

The game has a good crafting system, it also has a good taming/breeding system. That is the only positives.

The flag system barely works, half the time things dont register, and even if they do most of the people who are red dont care anyways. The direct x 10 client is just trash, it barely works. You will get lights flashing every where, and crash. There are so many bugs its not even funny. At any moment be prepared to have your self stuck in random things, you will hit walls that arent there. You will fall through the ground at a bunch of spots. The parry system is laughable, because it only works to the advantage of who ever is closest to the sever. If you manage to get the other persons swing in a block right before it hits you, your next hit will do double damage.

The trade system is terrible. You cannot tell what the person is trying to give you, unless your a master at the crafting system. The only way your getting a master at the crafting system is if you have at least 2 paid for accounts with 4 characters. That won t even get you any where near all the crafting stuff. Basically here is what you get to look forward to. If you go the solo route with getting your own crafting going on. You will spend over 100 hours, in gathering stuff, making and deleting characters, to figure out what age its suppose to be, and what its stats are. Now you are gonna spend at least 20 more hours figuring out how and where to get your books to get the crafting skills. Then about 40 hours grinding out the gold, by killing skeletons over and over hoping nobody kills you. Once you get all that done, you are arent even close to understanding how the crafting system works. About that time you managed to figure out how to get resources, and which spot you got to put it in. Now you got to spend many many hours figuring out how to get the resources, and where to store them. Now you are crafting junk items. It will take you over 1000 more hours to figure out how much resources go where, and how to place them in the right spots ect. If you have to get your own stuff, it takes around 4 hours of gathering, 2 hours of extracting the resources from that stuff, and about 5 mins of crafting to get your self some armor and weapons. Then you will go out and die, within about 10 mins, and have to do that again. What ends up happening there is no one does this because they all quit like i do. So if you like to play on your own time, and solo and do what you want. This game is not for you in any way shape or form. You have to have a guild of people, and deal with what they tell you to do all day long every day. So look forward to doing the bitch work of the guild for months.

If you go the guild route, and listen to all their crap all day long, you will be able to get to combat faster. In combat you will look forward to, lag and glitches all over. So who wins comes down to who can figure out how to use the bug to their advantage best. Then if you even make it to a guild war, the server will most likely randomly crash on you. Out of the 3 weeks i played, the server randomly crashed 4 times. Which the server will get rolled back at least 2-10mins. So anything you did is gone.

There has not been a update in all the 3 weeks i played, and there doesnt seem to be one coming any time soon. There is a donation system, because the only people that play long are the people that have no lives, out side of working and playing this game. So be prepared when you join the guild team speak, to listen to a bunch of lonely old men cry your ear off all day long. But anyways, instead of fixing any bugs, or upgrading the server, or fixing the hundreds of balance problems, you know what they did. They used the donation money to hire some one to do animations. Yep animations lol.

You get all that and less, if you make it pass the mortal online patch process, which will just use like 25-40 gbs for no reason, because it doesnt delete anything. Better make sure you have over 60gbs left, because if you dont and it runs out of space, even if you were 99 percent done, guess what you get to do it all over again.

So i spent 66 dollars to play this horrible game. It wasted a bunch of my time ill give it that. This has been the worst mmorpg experience i have ever had, and i have played over 30, starting with uo. This game has made me decided to quit mmorpgs, and never come back. The community in these games over the last 14 years of these games has gone from great, to the worst kind of people on the planet. The games use to be about having a good time with people, and having fun. Now its about trying to make people mad, and get them to quit. Games use to be pretty bug free when they came out. Now it takes 3 years to just get alpha stage. They turned the fun times into a stupid gimmick to try and take peoples money. Well have fun mmos, your in for the worst mmorpgs have to offer, if you didnt have the pleasure of starting before wow, then i am sorry you missed a great moment in time. It is all down hill from here.

I mean this with sincerest respect, but didn't you realize long before you bought this that you would have this experience?  I try very hard to look into anything before I touch it with a payment.  I'm not always successful (lord of the rings online and age of conan)...but when I am...Guild Wars 2, SW:ToR, et al....I save lots of $$ :)

Better luck in the future.  Sorry :(

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I guess you just weren't hardcore enough for it. /s

I can't figure out why people enjoy MOs crafting, it is unnecessarily complicated for the sake of being complicated, with only few viable recipes. 

• Souleater42069Souleater42069 Member Posts: 7
    No, I figured they would have the bugs fixed by now. The only reason I quit is because of the bugs. I told you why I liked the crafting, each item is unque.
    No, I figured they would have the bugs fixed by now. The only reason I quit is because of the bugs. I told you why I liked the crafting, each item is unque.

Yeah, but what use is uniqueness in a game where all that matters is stats? Sure, you crafted an unique item, that you can proceed throwing into the trash because all everybody wants is a specific combination of best stats.

• Vexus_XVexus_X Member UncommonPosts: 57

Yes, the crafting does blow.

For example, if you make a wood spear with a wood tip and spear a naked guy, you do ~3 damage.

Change the tip to a stone tip, and now you're doing ~15 damage.

Change it to a metal tip, now you're doing ~25 damage.

Except, you're stabbing a naked guy with a spear.  Even a wood spear does massive damage in those cases.  I really wish they normalized the damage and made the 'high end' weapons only marginally better, like 10-20%.

But anyway, MO is beyond hope, it is so sad.  This is why I have no respect for the EU when it comes to gaming.  Such ideas lost in the sea of sub-par execution.  DayZ really only comes in at par, with ArmA doing most of the heavy lifting anyway, still majorly flawed itself.

• JybweeJybwee Member Posts: 16

No one can deny the game has bugs. That's a fact of life in MO and for many of them there's no end in site. May be reason enough to quit for most, but I think a majority of new players that 'may' enjoy this type of niche game but quit fall into 1 of 2 categories. Let's be clear tho, this is a very 'niche' game... it is definitely NOT for everyone.

1. They want to do everything. Amazed at the vastness of a sandbox, they want to go every route and be self-sufficient. Not a horrible thing but like you said, you'll need multiple characters and have to do everything yourself. So the whole supply chain is on your shoulders. Like crafting - you have to go all the way from the base materials to the end product. Instead of focusing on one or two things and relying on your fellow players for the other stuff. In my eyes, that's part of the beauty of MO. Your almost forced to engage with other people, in some ways it reminds me of my first mmo (FFXI). There was no way you'd be getting to max level in that game going solo, you had to get out there, meet people and work together for a mutually beneficial result. In many mmos these days it's just click the group button, don't talk to anyone, grab your loot and go. 

Not to say you can't play MO solo style but you just shouldn't try to do everything on your own. Especially not when your just starting. There are hundreds of ways to make money in the game, find one you enjoy and use that to fund what else you want to do. For example if your into just making leet pwnsawse characters you can use your strength to take down beasts and sell their carcasses to butchers. Then use that money to buy your weapons/armor straight out,  have a refiner/extracter and buy just the ores, or have a crafter and buy the extracted materials. Trying to put everything on your shoulders burns alot of players out quickly.

2. They want a Chivalry MMO. They see this huge sandbox with almost endless possibilities and they choose to take the most linear path possible. They want what it viewed at that time as the single best race, age, weapon, armor, mount, stats. Endless possibilities, but only one right answer in their eyes. Every decision is pre-planned and macro'd up. They get into the combat very quickly after joining a 'leet' guild and away they go randomly killing anyone they see to show their strength. I imagine it's fun for awhile but it's just Chivalry Online in their eyes... can't last. 

I'm no veteran, i actually just recently returned to the game and maybe have 3 months total playtime. I'm enjoying the journey of maxing out my skills slowly. I have long term goals to work towards. I LOVE that it takes 100s of hours if you want to be an expert at your craft and love even more that so much isn't common knowledge in the game. Try to pick up alchemy for example :P. Anyway, without getting too much off topic - i highly enjoy the game and the devs vision. The bugs and imbalances are an annoyance and i can see them as a reason many stop playing, but passed that is a open world of endless posibilites to enjoy. 

I hope your just blowing off steam and not really calling it quits for mmos. Also, if you really enjoy the sandbox genre and the vision that the devs had in making Mortal Online then keep an eye out for - Embers of Caerus or  Relics of Annorath... or MAYBE The Repopulation. None of them will be done any time soon, but all are looking amazing from what little we've seen.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

These jokers are about the worst company at running an MMO, ever. They make people like SOE look like the pros they aren't.

A couple of times they had to do "fundraising" in order to pay for continued development when running a nominally P2P title.

As you have seen, there are tons of bugs and broken mechanics that have been there for years.

It is no mistake that this game took how long to get Greenlit on Steam? Year and a half? More?

Sad truth is that with MO, what you see is what you get. And are not likely to get better (3-4 years into going live, they had their chances).

Originally posted by Burntvet

These jokers are about the worst company at running an MMO, ever. They make people like SOE look like the pros they aren't.

Let's be fair, there's always the guys behind Dark & Light. Hard to beat those. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i finally decided to try this game out. Yesterday got it all set up and running. Played for an hour and uninstalled it. I dont know about the Lore since i didnt play it enough but the buggy gameplay, animations, mechanics are enough to kill any game for me. The only thing i really enjoyed was the race selection portraits and the idea of an ancestry system. THe character models dont look anything like the ones showed in the race selection portraits. The animations are horribly clunky and look like they were made in early 90s. THe game has some interesting ideas but the flaws are too big to be tolerable in any game.

Like i said, i only played for an hour so i am not talking about anything i didnt experience (Lore, progression, maps outside the starting area, etc). The game was too bad to keep me going. A game like this shouldnt be out as a comercial release. It feels and looks worst than an alpha for an UE3 game that launched in 2010

Before a fanboy gets offended, i am not bashing the game. It is a very different thing to bash a game than to refuse to accept unfinished and poorly made products as comercial releases. So i am pointing out what killed it for me within an hour of play time. The state of this game is unacceptable.

Originally posted by rojo6934

I dont know about the Lore since i didnt play it enough but the buggy gameplay, animations, mechanics are enough to kill any game for me. 

As far as I know, the lore is not fully implemented because they're having troubles translating it from advanced Swedish. 

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I dont know about the Lore since i didnt play it enough but the buggy gameplay, animations, mechanics are enough to kill any game for me. 

As far as I know, the lore is not fully implemented because they're having troubles translating it from advanced Swedish. 

Don't play MO for the lore, graphics, lack of bugs, animations, or anything of the sort or you're gonna have a bad time.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

as long time player of MO i must say all that the OP wrote is true. The game has too many bugs, prediction is horrible, and the penalties for being a douche are quite laughable.

MO has some of the best ideas of any sandbox with some of the worst coding ever created.

i really wish they would fix all that crap, but more then likely that would mean scrapping the current game and starting from scratch. never going to happen.

However, there is nothing quite like it out there. nothing that make you feel like you are actually stabbing someone with a spear, or shooting arrows from an actual mount like MO does.  Not yet anyways (hurry up Forsake studios!).

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Your review is being discussed on the official MO forums:   http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/an-mo-review-by-some-random-newb.92911/

Funny thing is, these guys are so obsessed they even mention me by name in a thread I didn't even participate in...

Man, that is a great way to head into a 4 day weekend.  Sometimes life just aligns perfectly!

Oh well.  While there are still the very few that instinctively respond with the "writer is a noob" type posts, at least many of the long time followers actually state "He's right".

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    I dunno why most of u guys hang out here to bash the game... If ur not playing, then why do u care???

Im having a blast playing this game, Fps melee combat in an open world pvp game is a dream come true... The prediction is not that bad left for a few laggy players, most of the time I can block/parry any attack I see on my screen and can hit anything as well.... The gamebreaking bugs are gone, most of the ones left are just annoying

This game isnt going anywhere, maybe it isnt for u, but maybe go find a game you like instead of bashing MO on these forums as a hobby
  • eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I tried that game earlier. And it was one of my worst mmorpg experiences ever. This game is ugly beyond any recovery, the animations are terrible, combat was inaccurate, the interface sucks, the textures are muddy, there was absolutely nothing that I liked about that title.

Why I tried it? Because I love open world pvp with fps style targetting/full looting. Like I had it in Darkfall and still have it in Darkfall:UW. But really, MO ain't for me after seing that other titles don't look and feel like spare time hobbyist projects.

LFG!
  • KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Some guys from my country, who calling them self "igromania" was try to play this game lol.

They ask about:
    1. Levels
    2. Quest
    3. weapon and armor from npc
    Another WOW crap shit after that.

And some guys with naked ass and wornshort sword start to kill them on newbs spawn.....

It was fun, when i with 100 defensef stance was in block, when some random newbs was train agressive stance and swords on me, and they ask "wow, that guy block everything with naked ass, he have max lvl in this game".

Problem, what i love this game for idea, like we all dudes, but that newbs waiting from this game quality like from AAA blizzard game lol. High textures, no lags, no bugs....We all already deal with bugs, lags and crashes, it is part of game for us, but newbs can't deal with it.

We love this game like woman, we know all her problems, sins and forgive it already. Yes, another bug. Oh, game crash. It is ok.

This is quote from their forums. I think the guy is Russian judging from the post. Actually comparing this game to a woman. WOW!

Keep on rockin'!image

Considering D+L was a straight up scam resulting in a civil judgement against the creators, I will grant you that one.

I also figured there might be one or two worse (and thus I said "about") that I might not have considered. But you'd have to look really hard to find a worse company still in operation.

That said, this game is a joke in the industry, and MO gives "sandbox" games (even when there is not much sand) a bad name.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Considering D+L was a straight up scam resulting in a civil judgement against the creators, I will grant you that one.

I also figured there might be one or two worse (and thus I said "about") that I might not have considered. But you'd have to look really hard to find a worse company still in operation.

That said, this game is a joke in the industry, and MO gives "sandbox" games (even when there is not much sand) a bad name.

Yeah, compare SOE, a huge multimillion company, with hundreds of employees, to SV with their pocket money and 3-4 devs... How bout seing things in some perspective? In this regard SV are doing wonders with their little game. Sure it has tons of bugs etc, but seing what they have to work with, and how few they are, they do great. But still nice to see that the hate on SV is strong on this site. Keep it up guys!!!

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Yeah, compare SOE, a huge multimillion company, with hundreds of employees, to SV with their pocket money and 3-4 devs... How bout seing things in some perspective? In this regard SV are doing wonders with their little game. Sure it has tons of bugs etc, but seing what they have to work with, and how few they are, they do great. But still nice to see that the hate on SV is strong on this site. Keep it up guys!!!

Work ethics do not scale with the size of the company. You can be a two man company and still treat your customers right, and plan well, it is all about expertise. Not to mention, SV was couple dozens people big at first, who all left. 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The only part I really like about Mortal Online was the crafting system but heck even Dark Fall 2 which I love a lot more than Mortal Online could have this type of crafting system in the game.

Work ethics do not scale with the size of the company. You can be a two man company and still treat your customers right, and plan well, it is all about expertise. Not to mention, SV was couple dozens people big at first, who all left. 

On top of that, SV was/is charging the same $15/mo "freemium" fee that SOE does, so it is perfectly appropriate to compare the two companies when they have products in the same market space for the same price.

And I no fan of SOE (as my post history clearly shows) and I do not think that are a particularly competent or ethical company, but SV is 10X worse (Hey SV! Where are those original game disks?).

It is bad when you have particular segment of an industry where the "top" companies are only that by default: not because they are good, but are just less bad than the other companies.

Except MO was SVs first MMO. SV is a baby company compared to SOE. SOE has made many MMOs, and been in the business ALOT longer then SV, and are backed up by one of the biggest tech companies in the world, with millions of dollars in their pockets etc. For the guys at SV it was all new to them when they did MO. They have learned alot from the misstakes they did, and are improving all the time.

So yeah, there is a BIG of difference between a BIG company like SOE, with many years on the MMO field, tons of knowledge, tons of money, hundreds of employees etc. Compared to a small company like SV, that never had numbers anywhere near SOE in ANY department, or any experience at all on how to run a company when they started. If you don't get that, then yeah, your hate towards SV has finally blinded you.

SV today, is a waaaaay better company, then the SV that released MO 3 years ago. And they do it with less people then what they had at start. The people who left, did it, cause SV don't bath in money, to keep em. They are catering their game to a very small crowd. Ofc they would have loved to see that they could have kept more people etc, but now it is what it is. And they are doing wonders with what they have.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Ikonis

Except MO was SVs first MMO. SV is a baby company compared to SOE. SOE has made many MMOs, and been in the business ALOT longer then SV, and are backed up by one of the biggest tech companies in the world, with millions of dollars in their pockets etc. For the guys at SV it was all new to them when they did MO. They have learned alot from the misstakes they did, and are improving all the time.

So yeah, there is a BIG of difference between a BIG company like SOE, with many years on the MMO field, tons of knowledge, tons of money, hundreds of employees etc. Compared to a small company like SV, that never had numbers anywhere near SOE in ANY department, or any experience at all on how to run a company when they started. If you don't get that, then yeah, your hate towards SV has finally blinded you.

SV today, is a waaaaay better company, then the SV that released MO 3 years ago. And they do it with less people then what they had at start. The people who left, did it, cause SV don't bath in money, to keep em. They are catering their game to a very small crowd. Ofc they would have loved to see that they could have kept more people etc, but now it is what it is. And they are doing wonders with what they have.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

And yes, compared to SOE it still is right. SV had/have alot less experience on how to make a MMO, or run a company compared to SOE. We are speaking SOE vs SV here. Not SV vs CCP.

CCP is unique. They struck gold. They are the only MMO company, except for Blizzard that has grown since release. But CCP has done ALOT of things to piss off their crowd. And their crowd is ALOT bigger then MOs. So CCP have pissed of more peeps then SV ever done with MO. If your not aware of the shit CCP have done, then your clueless. They are no angels...