Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] ArcheAge: RU Gonna Play?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by yangdude

One thing that really seems to stand out here in this thread is this.  No one has yet said "This is such and awesome game....blah blah blah.....but the payment model is blah blah blah."

Irrespective of the payment model, it isn't sounding like a good game which is quite sad and for me that's enough to say No Thanks.

Unless the future discussions after game release make trying the game irresistible, this will just be another 'could have been..', and like others have said, competition is very stiff - they need something polished will the right payment model or everyone will wait for all the other titles which are on their way.

Maybe the reason why nobody is saying this is an awesome game is because we are still waiting to play it?

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

WoT is more than P2W.... It's P2Multi-player

You can't even play with a friend unless you sub...

Although the game is still ridiculously fun......

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

IT all depends when it comes out, and what models they use for it....Since we don't know any of that, I cannot say if I will or won't.

I want to play, but if they try to rape your wallet, count me out.  I am fine with p2p, b2p with cosmetic, and f2p with sub that negates cash shop (minus cosmetic).

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    archeage korea and china are making lots of money with f2p model even though the  game is still in beta there. heard from a chinese friend that publisher are renting game real estate to players, players explore and find suitable place for building their own home; which can even be turned into cities, then they buy space from publisher and create whatever they like. and the publisher also charge monthly for that space. those who wants open world housing to be mainstream this is just their game but will they be paying the enormous amount of money(at least in china) to keep their city?    

so youa re saying arche age is the biggest money grab scam of this decade?

and serious that is why we don't get any good MMO for years, they make cash grabs, not even hide this fact anymore, with half the effort they did before, just toss a pretty skin on it and all you guys give your money saying they deserve for half work they did? serious even SWTOR ahve a better f2p plan then this....

when players will learn?

They don't ask 20$ for one time usage dye, they don't charge for looting dungeons, they don't  charge to do raids, they don't charge players to show titles or hide their head slots, only thing that is annoying about their f2p model is "labor point restriction" and a player can go without building house or castle, these building options are solely for hardcore RPGers. And even though they ask money for "labor point" it is not as outrageous as prices in SWToR cartel market. NO, SWToR DOES NOT have better f2p model than AA.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Payment model is fine. The arguments against it are mostly personal. I think they make it sound more complicated than it actually is.  I don't care if someone else spends money to go to max level. Hell do all your alts. Go nuts. Only concern I have is PvP.  If max people just kill low level people I'm out.  Not the experience I'm looking for.  Just give me a sandbox with fun stuff to do in it.  Give me deep character progression. ROTFLOL! I know. That ain't happenin' but its what I want. Give me a distant second.

If I had to sum it up... 

It sort of feels like that game you REALLY wanted to play a long time ago and never got to ita.  Lack of a playable instance has eroded some of it's appeal.  But I'm still interested in playing just to see... 

WTF Trion?

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Looks like the Firefall model they will implement, with VIPs.. I don't mind it.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    It depends on Trion. if it's F2P or some other goofy cash grab scheme I will have to chalk up two years wasted waiting on it and move on. Box and sub have always worked fine for me and keeps the dev staff working on the game, not supplying vanity items to a useless shop.
  • gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

personally i think Trion has already killed the game by their complete silence - absolutely no when why what where or how - nothing

but hey, that is good for Rift isn't it?

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Been watching the twitch tv version of this game . Apart from it being in Japan or somewhere like that the game looks very like what we have already seen style like Aion with aspects if gw2.

I must admit I have been changed if late , I have given up most my subs and am back playing lotro mainly for storyline.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Yes, I don't care about the rush to reach level 50 quicker because it doesn't affect PvP as much as you think it does. I've played the korean version of AA. Basically, its pay to level faster which is a fair compromise for people who can't be bothered with grind at all because, even in the Korean version, the grind isn't all that bad. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• gunjinngunjinn Member Posts: 24
    no thank you
  • hakiredhakired Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 30
    This and Blade and Soul are my 2 most anticipated games. OMG OMG Just come out already. I'll pay 30$ a month for this game if I have to. Such is the MMO dryspell of 2013
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I won't be playing, I like good games. GTAV is more of a mmo at this point and is very fun..

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    What's funny is that the game was created for a cash grab in the first place. It has alot of features but without a steady fund to keep it rolling it will fail. China's model is different than Russia's. Can't wait to see our Western price model. People here Might as well hand over their wallets now. The game would excel with a F2P or Sub model instead of this quasi F2P/P2W model. It's to bad really, I would have liked to try it out. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Immundissime

Hello guys, I'm from Russia to say some things about this system:

- Arks can be get from OW Raid Bosses (small quantity), from 1-2 not-repeatable quests (small quantity) and by donate for real money and there's no other way (do u smell what is the main source for them? :))

-Arks are the main in-game value (so as "old" gold is needed to buy NPC items and to repair - gold can't be even given to other player, it's not tradeable)

Arks are used in auction as a main currency (items are sold for arks and 10% tax after selling item is in arks too)

Arks are also used for rent taxes (for houses/farms and etc)

- Some elements of game are dead. As an example pirates are totally off game. Packs of items can be sold on Trade Island only for "Ancient Gold" (Delphi Gold), which is used for drawings and high-level craft.

There are many other changes and most of them seem to be "pay2win". Even inventory expansion is done for Arks (= real money).

Well-known russian gamers community (GoHa.ru) is mostly going to wait for Euro release by Trion as we think Russian AA is going to be dead by the start. And we hope Trion is not going to choose Russian model for their servers.

So you have essentially just confirmed what people are fearing thank you for taking the time to write all of this.

If this model comes to EU or NA I won't even know what to think about it.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

How is it that the Russians can get the game ready and play it , and TRION won't be TALKING about the game for months ?

My conjecture....TRION and the new ceo have little interest in  the game.

• iJustWantiJustWant Member Posts: 81

Will I play this?

I'd thought I might, but have decided not to give it a try. Smells too much like Neverwinter.

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Originally posted by Bacchira
    I get less excited for this game every time I hear something new...

I agree with this guy.

Also if the game isn't out say before next summer, its so outdated already that couldn't care less any more ... should have came out 2010 to be anything new or worth a penny.

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• FelenciaFelencia Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Razeekster

If this is a "world-wide" model count me and I'm sure many players out. Either make it buy to play with a cash shop like Guild Wars 2, F2P with a cash shop, or subscription based with no cash shop. 

The Russian model is ridiculous.

EDIT: To add onto this because people seem to be confused as I see comments like "This model looks pretty good to me" do you really want to compete with guilds that have the ability to level up all their members to lvl 50 through this system if they fork out enough cash? Because I do believe that was lost upon a quite a few people from the posts that I am seeing.

This model is not any different than the model used in Korea that was reported by Steparu, she had said free players had a slower regen rate in building and were able to build but not as quickly or as much as a subscription based player, so the whole deal was either you pay and build faster and have a few more perks to your guild mates when building a town, or you find yourself someone that does subscribe and build it for you if you are playing free, hell become a pirate, plunder from the rich 10 dollar a month players if it upsets you so much.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

If they have swimwear, silly costumes and cars, I count myself out.

• FelenciaFelencia Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by ste2000

No one is forcing you to use it, comments like these are redundant and superficial, that is like saying "I won't eat this ice cream because it has the option to add cherries." Who cares?

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Felencia
    Originally posted by ste2000

No one is forcing you to use it, comments like these are redundant and superficial, that is like saying "I won't eat this ice cream because it has cherries." Who cares?

Hey, that is my opinion I was answering the question of the title......................why are you that mad?

Anyway, it doesn't matter if I use it or not, the point is that seeing people running around in modern swimwear break my immersion and that's a good reason for me not to play the game (I am still answering the question, so don't go into a rage).

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Id be playing now if I spoke Korean.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    I would like to play! there won't be an IP block at all for us playing in Russia? :o It will be months before we hear anything from Trion again. Starting to wish Trion never got the US publishing job for AA now
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    I will never play Ru archage and Russian localized MMOs  it's a horrible country with poor customer satisfaction. Even support  is rude and impolite often. I HATE COMPANIES THAT restrict CIS country and IP ban them because of Russian localization hope Trion dont have Ip ban