Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I feel sorry for anyone

xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

not playing a healer. Dam been playing an arcanist up until yesterday got to 30 and thought may as well get started on the conj, every time i click join in the duty finder there is absolutely zero wait, lol.

On the arc i'm waiting over 30 minutes, i knew it was better for heals and tanks but didn't know it was instant every single time. It's frigging nice.

Overall i'm loving the healer, never really played one before, think i found a new calling. Unicorn mount here i come...

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

Comments

• huihuhuhu2huihuhuhu2 Member UncommonPosts: 46

must be nice lol.....dps takes at least 20-40 mins..glad ur enjoying the game :))

• PsistormPsistorm Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I'm enjoying playing a tank here, also my first big shot at tanking instances etc in an mmo, and enjoying myself as well. So yeah, anyone complaining about long waits, give that a shot. You might enjoy it.
  • deerstopdeerstop Member UncommonPosts: 31

For endgame instances - yes, maybe. For low lvl instances it's actually hard to find ANY party. Even as a conjurer/white mage, I typically wait for 10-25 minutes before each dungeon.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by deerstop

For endgame instances - yes, maybe. For low lvl instances it's actually hard to find ANY party. Even as a conjurer/white mage, I typically wait for 10-25 minutes before each dungeon.

That's because you're either waiting for a tank, or you're just waiting for the duty finder to give you an instance which can be a problem at prime time.   You can look at group status sometimes and see your 4 group slots filled up with everything GTG...then still have to wait. 

Level ranges having more tanks or healers are variable and seem to change weekly sub 50.

It's not just one tank either, you're waiting behind however many healers queue'd up before you did and are waiting.

Early on you used to get insta queue for healers on up to 30 (very few conjurers, and no one else can queue as heals sub 30), where you'd then have to wait at 30+ because there'd be a bunch of new arcanists playing scholars.    That trend is over now (People still make scholars, but there were SO many arcanists on release it wasn't even funny, and they wanted faster queues).  

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Husvik

not playing a healer. Dam been playing an arcanist up until yesterday got to 30 and thought may as well get started on the conj, every time i click join in the duty finder there is absolutely zero wait, lol.

On the arc i'm waiting over 30 minutes, i knew it was better for heals and tanks but didn't know it was instant every single time. It's frigging nice.

Overall i'm loving the healer, never really played one before, think i found a new calling. Unicorn mount here i come...

My main was an archer to start with...re tooled for healer when I had to wait for an opening in the first dungueon...

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• deerstopdeerstop Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by Justsomenoob you're just waiting for the duty finder to give you an instance which can be a problem at prime time.   You can look at group status sometimes and see your 4 group slots filled up with everything GTG...then still have to wait.   

That never happened to me. o_O Wow!

Still, whatever the reason, even healers have to wait just like everyone else. ;)

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    i'm a 50 dragoon max wait time for me has been 7minutes which was 2 times one with a tank.  i'd like to level a healer next they look fun :D
  • Varthanos1Varthanos1 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I like that you can queue the duty finder as one class then switch to any other class to play while waiting.  Then when your dungeon pops up you switch back to the class you queued with and enter it.  Really like that feature.

What I don't like is that if you bring out your chocobo to fight with you it will cancel your queue because it adds him as a party member.  That part is disappointing.

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob
    Originally posted by deerstop

That's because you're either waiting for a tank, or you're just waiting for the duty finder to give you an instance which can be a problem at prime time.   You can look at group status sometimes and see your 4 group slots filled up with everything GTG...then still have to wait. 

The game time that comes with the initial purchase is about up for most players, so waiting in the que for an instance instead of a player should never be a problem again.

• Cliff1963Cliff1963 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    as a DPS (Archer/Bard) I always do the crafting dailies for the GC while waiting for an instance, so the 30 minutes waiting time doesn't really annoy me: crafting and suddenly the pop-up there's a party ready. I'm levelling all the crafting-jobs, so there's always something to do (dailies & leves) when waiting for an instance.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Varthanos1

I like that you can queue the duty finder as one class then switch to any other class to play while waiting.  Then when your dungeon pops up you switch back to the class you queued with and enter it.  Really like that feature.

What I don't like is that if you bring out your chocobo to fight with you it will cancel your queue because it adds him as a party member.  That part is disappointing.

Damn i didn't know that, i always stayed on the arc as when i switched i got a big message not right class. Definitely would do some crafting while i waited. Noticed allot of Ahriman's today, got mine today as well so looks like allot of 3 and or 6 month subs. I wonder if wait times will decrease now that the free month is up.

• RynzoRynzo Member UncommonPosts: 13
    It was all insta-queue until I got around lvl 30 and Haukke Manor.  Can't seem to find groups for that place as easy, sometimes will wait 20 minutes as heals. 
  • SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203
    Its nice being a healer. I could never understand why people refuse or do not enjoy the role. but since healers are few, thats good for guys like us eh?!
    Originally posted by MysticStyleS
    Its nice being a healer. I could never understand why people refuse or do not enjoy the role. but since healers are few, thats good for guys like us eh?!

I'm loving it! Why i never played one before is beyond me. Interactive, need to be alert, stay on your toes for sure,different from DPS. May try a tank but not something I've never done before as i tanked all my years in EQ2.

I guess i could continue my story with the healer once i get to proper level? As i said, unicorn mount here i come.

Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Lugors

The game time that comes with the initial purchase is about up for most players, so waiting in the que for an instance instead of a player should never be a problem again.

I wonder if that's true. Do you think that people who have already decided to quit and not sub are still ardently lining up to run instances? Are people that cheap that they are going to play the full 30 days of included game time, even if they no longer like the game? 

I would think that the people who are not going to sub are mostly gone already. Why would they dump more time into a game they don't like? There are some people on the fence now, about subbing, who might drop out. Otherwise, since this is a dungeon-running gear-based progression game, there probably won't be such a huge drop off (unless they don't get some more content for the hardcore-raiding-gear people soon). If they don't satisfy those people, they will move on. Then what you say may turn out to be true.

Very true, this is one reason i hated when all mmo's were subs back in the day, always seemed a day after a fresh monthly bill went though i was done, lost interest and bugged the hell out of me that i was paying for 30 days to not play. No way i was going to force myself, simply not interested anymore. When you're done, you're done.

Now with this comment "Are people that cheap that they are going to play the full 30 days of included game time, even if they no longer like the game?"

You'd be surprised how many!

I was working in a plant that makes toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex/tissue that sort of stuff, not for them was doing a job for them. Anyway i was writing code day after day in the plant and watched these employees sitting at the end of the conveyor line right before packaging and they would literally snag a completed product, open it an COUNT, i repeat COUNT every ply, paper towel, tissue in each one they opened!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! WTF?

I asked the plant manager "seriously" do customers actually count how many are on a roll, or in a box and he said and i quote "You'd be Surprised" then went on about that is why these jobs exist, to open them up and count them? I was blown away.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941
    Its nice being a healer. I could never understand why people refuse or do not enjoy the role. 

Mostly to do with how stressful it is. Some people just can't deal with that or don't want that responsibility. 

Other people think that is exactly that responsibility that makes running dungeons actually fun instead of being just another snoozefest run. 

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Wish MNK was a tank like in WoW :"(

I wouldve started out with that instead. Not really a fan of PLD or WAR. Not even sure why a WAR is a Tank when they look like a Berserker type which is DPS.

Im usually more of an alternate type of tank like Blood DK, WoW Monk, SWTOR Assassin and less of a Sword and Board type so ill probably start leveling a WAR sooner or later anyway. /shrug
    Originally posted by Edli
    Its nice being a healer. I could never understand why people refuse or do not enjoy the role. 

Mostly to do with how stressful it is. Some people just can't deal with that or don't want that responsibility. 

Other people think that is exactly that responsibility that makes running dungeons actually fun instead of being just another snoozefest run. 

Stressful, i didn't think of it that way, i thought how challenging it can be and love it.

The thing in this game is the ranges of awesome to all out bad/noob players and i mean mega green, i'm mostly using the finder and am loving this variety for some reason? I offer helpful advice to the noobs and run with the synergy of vet players. Variety is the key component here i imagine.

It's refreshing to be matched up with  pro's, then rather amusing to watch how green some players are and the things we all at one time did i'm sure, they start running around with their hair on fire for example, which makes healing them ever so much fun. Tanks that have no clue about adds which makes keeping myself and everyone else alive ever so challenging.

I guess having more control over these situations and never having to do runs with healers that think they are DPS and healing is only a utility to keep themselves alive is nice as well.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941
    Originally posted by Kayo45
    Not even sure why a WAR is a Tank when they look like a Berserker type which is DPS.

Yeah that caused a confusion for me. Went with Marauder as main class thinking it was a DD type of class. End up on the first dungeon I ever did in the game as a tank. Welp, I gotta lead this party now on a dungeon I know nothing about. 

Marauder was cool though, liked it much more than gladiator especially when it came to agro management on multiple ads. A bit squishy though. 

I've made up my mind i'm going with the healer, the game play is completely new to me and i love it.

and

Instant dungeon runs when i want, the second i want, is well, AWESOME! This is all i did last night what an amazing realistic option to the game now, it's unbelievable to be honest, i ran 3 last night, i was level 17, and was in mood for some grouping, so i ran Sastasha Seagrot, that went well so i ran Tam-Tara Deepcroft and then Copperbell Mines, all done and said i was 19 in the end and some sweet gear. No bonus on these either as i did them on my arc already.

The only disappointment was i had to wait about 20 seconds for Copperball??? Seriously 20 second??? WTF - That's unheard of, no honestly it was a whole 20 seconds, overall it sure beats the f@ck out of 30 minute minimum.

I like the control over the run as well, and not to sound egotistical, but the entire dungeon run depends on me, you are running this dungeon thanks to me deciding to do it, thanks for waiting until i was ready, lol /jk.

Overall i'm loving the healer, at times it's sit back enjoy the show, then can switch to a 4 alarm fire within a second.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I've made up my mind i'm going with the healer, the game play is completely new to me and i love it.andInstant dungeon runs when i want, the second i want, is well, AWESOME! This is all i did last night what an amazing realistic option to the game now, it's unbelievable to be honest, i ran 3 last night, i was level 17, and was in mood for some grouping, so i ran Sastasha Seagrot, that went well so i ran Tam-Tara Deepcroft and then Copperbell Mines, all done and said i was 19 in the end and some sweet gear. No bonus on these either as i did them on my arc already.The only disappointment was i had to wait about 20 seconds for Copperball??? Seriously 20 second??? WTF - That's unheard of, no honestly it was a whole 20 seconds, overall it sure beats the f@ck out of 30 minute minimum.I like the control over the run as well, and not to sound egotistical, but the entire dungeon run depends on me, you are running this dungeon thanks to me deciding to do it, thanks for waiting until i was ready, lol /jk.Overall i'm loving the healer, at times it's sit back enjoy the show, then can switch to a 4 alarm fire within a second.

Welcome! Its a fun gig. Be sure to setup some mouseover macros, its a major quality of life function for any dungeon healer.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I've made up my mind i'm going with the healer, the game play is completely new to me and i love it.

and

Instant dungeon runs when i want, the second i want, is well, AWESOME! This is all i did last night what an amazing realistic option to the game now, it's unbelievable to be honest, i ran 3 last night, i was level 17, and was in mood for some grouping, so i ran Sastasha Seagrot, that went well so i ran Tam-Tara Deepcroft and then Copperbell Mines, all done and said i was 19 in the end and some sweet gear. No bonus on these either as i did them on my arc already.

The only disappointment was i had to wait about 20 seconds for Copperball??? Seriously 20 second??? WTF - That's unheard of, no honestly it was a whole 20 seconds, overall it sure beats the f@ck out of 30 minute minimum.

I like the control over the run as well, and not to sound egotistical, but the entire dungeon run depends on me, you are running this dungeon thanks to me deciding to do it, thanks for waiting until i was ready, lol /jk.

Overall i'm loving the healer, at times it's sit back enjoy the show, then can switch to a 4 alarm fire within a second.

Welcome! Its a fun gig. Be sure to setup some mouseover macros, its a major quality of life function for any dungeon healer.

I'm a healer as well and interested in this mouseover macros, can you explain further, it will be very much appreciated.

And to the OP, I find healing very fun especially when DPS go crazy and tanks are kinda noobish, definitely keeps you on your toes.

You should definitely try tanking as well.  You basically control the whole dungeon as well as bosses, it's very fun but at the same time pretty challenging.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by vandal5627
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Husvik I've made up my mind i'm going with the healer, the game play is completely new to me and i love it.   and Instant dungeon runs when i want, the second i want, is well, AWESOME! This is all i did last night what an amazing realistic option to the game now, it's unbelievable to be honest, i ran 3 last night, i was level 17, and was in mood for some grouping, so i ran Sastasha Seagrot, that went well so i ran Tam-Tara Deepcroft and then Copperbell Mines, all done and said i was 19 in the end and some sweet gear. No bonus on these either as i did them on my arc already. The only disappointment was i had to wait about 20 seconds for Copperball??? Seriously 20 second??? WTF - That's unheard of, no honestly it was a whole 20 seconds, overall it sure beats the f@ck out of 30 minute minimum. I like the control over the run as well, and not to sound egotistical, but the entire dungeon run depends on me, you are running this dungeon thanks to me deciding to do it, thanks for waiting until i was ready, lol /jk. Overall i'm loving the healer, at times it's sit back enjoy the show, then can switch to a 4 alarm fire within a second.  
    I'm a healer as well and interested in this mouseover macros, can you explain further, it will be very much appreciated.

And to the OP, I find healing very fun especially when DPS go crazy and tanks are kinda noobish, definitely keeps you on your toes.

You should definitely try tanking as well.  You basically control the whole dungeon as well as bosses, it's very fun but at the same time pretty challenging.

In the macro menu, type:

/ac "Insert exact spell name including capitals" <mo>

This makes it so you don't have to click on every character or icon you wwant to heal, then have to unclick or click in a dead space or hit esc or whatever you do to untarget. With this macro, you can hover your mouse over a character or their nameplate in the group window and cast your spells. It is handy because you can have the tank perma clicked so that whenever you're not moused over on another player, you will automatically cast on the tank. It saves a lot of hassle clicking and unclicking.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by vandal5627

Originally posted by Husvik I've made up my mind i'm going with the healer, the game play is completely new to me and i love it.   and Instant dungeon runs when i want, the second i want, is well, AWESOME! This is all i did last night what an amazing realistic option to the game now, it's unbelievable to be honest, i ran 3 last night, i was level 17, and was in mood for some grouping, so i ran Sastasha Seagrot, that went well so i ran Tam-Tara Deepcroft and then Copperbell Mines, all done and said i was 19 in the end and some sweet gear. No bonus on these either as i did them on my arc already. The only disappointment was i had to wait about 20 seconds for Copperball??? Seriously 20 second??? WTF - That's unheard of, no honestly it was a whole 20 seconds, overall it sure beats the f@ck out of 30 minute minimum. I like the control over the run as well, and not to sound egotistical, but the entire dungeon run depends on me, you are running this dungeon thanks to me deciding to do it, thanks for waiting until i was ready, lol /jk. Overall i'm loving the healer, at times it's sit back enjoy the show, then can switch to a 4 alarm fire within a second.  

In the macro menu, type:

/ac "Insert exact spell name including capitals"

This makes it so you don't have to click on every character or icon you wwant to heal, then have to unclick or click in a dead space or hit esc or whatever you do to untarget. With this macro, you can hover your mouse over a character or their nameplate in the group window and cast your spells. It is handy because you can have the tank perma clicked so that whenever you're not moused over on another player, you will automatically cast on the tank. It saves a lot of hassle clicking and unclicking.

Nice, thank you very much for the tip, I will definitely be doing that, didnt even know you can do macros.  Very much appreciated.

Thanks for the tip Foom, appreciate that. Vandal i might try a tank too, way later on pretty happy healing atm. I tanked EQ2 for about 6 years so it's not really new. 

Yes some runs can be all out chaos, the first and last run i had great players, but the middle one the tank just stood there at one point and i was like wtf? He was teaching the DPS a lesson,  peeps want to learn he laid it out and  wow did it go smooth after that , i didn't have to heal so intensely after that.