Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft Task Scheduler the cause of lag

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
Looks like you need to disable and delete everything in your task scheduler or you'll trigger processes in your task scheduler which makes your computer lock up for a tiny second that you need to send data to the server to tell it your not in the aoe anymore.

Comments

• BojmanBojman Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Source?
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's 3 seconds for me due to whatever other issues they / my pc has. Putting my computer to gaming mode only adds 1 fps

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If you have too many resources being used it most certainly can cause problems.Imo you should always shut down everything you don't need,i usually do.I have also noticed that whenever i play a SOE game,i have to reboot or i get all kinds of problems from leftover files and graphic corruption,SOE has go to have the worst programming team out there.

The lag from server to you is of course an issue for EVERY game,so i would hardly blame that as any reason.I play FFXI and i often have pings over 500-1500 and yet it is still playable.FFXI also has what seems to be a 1 second lag calling up the macro bars,so again if i can handle it in ffxi,there should be no problem in FFXIV.I really notice  small increments playing fps's but in rpg's 300 ms is nothing.

I have actually played FFXIV and i saw no server lag issues at all,if there was any,it happened with such infrequency that i never noticed it.Graphical lag would be the real culprit,we are talking a game with much higher needs graphically than other mmorpg's.However my machine is low end and i manage to play and not have the graphic lag bother me much at all.

There are a lot of factors that can add up and cause problems,i doubt anyone is going to see more issues than me,my net has to go through several of the busiest hubs in the world before reaching it's destination,including Chiacgo/Detroit.Your internet can be a culprit if a hub is overloaded,too many people on the same hub.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by fistorm
    Looks like you need to disable and delete everything in your task scheduler or you'll trigger processes in your task scheduler which makes your computer lock up for a tiny second that you need to send data to the server to tell it your not in the aoe anymore.

Bad advice.

In Windows 7 the Task Scheduler is responsible for background health and cleaning processes such as optimizing prefetch and readyboot for instance.  It also handles light defragmentation runs on the system. It is even more important for windows 8.

I wouldn't even recommend it for those who use XP. 

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Source?

If there's a full antivirus scan that just happens to run when you play a game, then that might cause problems and you'll want to schedule it in some other way. But as long as the task scheduler is free of unneeded crap, I find it hard to believe that it could lag anything.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

As others have said this false for the masses.  I told my cousin so but he didn't believe me initially so  this was proven false on his computer as he did Titan HM and still had lag.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034

I disabled everything, but when I restarted my pc my screen is now blue with some error message, I cant even get to the start menu :-(
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Rockniss

I disabled everything, but when I restarted my pc my screen is now blue with some error message, I cant even get to the start menu :-(

I'm going to guess that you actually tried to delete everything in task scheduler. During the Windows start repeatedly press f8 and hope you can get into safe mode. Then hope you can backup your data before you reformat and re-install Windows.

There is a possibility that Repairing your install from the Windows CD might fix things. That would be less harsh. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Rockniss

And this is why people should never take advice from random people on the Internet that involves mucking with anything to do with Windows's operation.

OP, you should really go back and edit your OP so more people don't follow your "advice" and end up screwing up their systems.