Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you looking forward to right now?

2»

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I'll check EQN and ArcheAge out, but I don't have a huge desire for them at the moment. The only game I'm really waiting for is The Witcher 3.

Originally posted by rojo6934

Everything else im waiting for is on PS4 (Destiny, Division, Killzone, Infamous, watch dogs)

Division and Watch Dogs will also come to PC.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Scalpless

I'll check EQN and ArcheAge out, but I don't have a huge desire for them at the moment. The only game I'm really waiting for is The Witcher 3.

Originally posted by rojo6934

Everything else im waiting for is on PS4 (Destiny, Division, Killzone, Infamous, watch dogs)

Division and Watch Dogs will also come to PC.

i know but ill probably play them on console because Ubisoft tend to have a terrible match making system on all their PC titles with fun multiplayer (Assassins Creed, GR Future Soldier, etc).

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     World of Darkness.  If only they had not made that dust game it may only be two years away instead of 7. Outside of that I am looking into EQN and Archage.  I have fairly low expectations.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

Kind of in the same boat as the OP.

WoW did a 180 on it's original design of removing all the boring grindy crap we hated from the EQ days and it's now full of rep grind and daily quests and the expansions are too far apart, plus it's been dumbed so much the game is barely recognisable from it's vanilla days. SWTOR was a huge disappointment. So many WoW clones trying to grab a piece of that big, fat cash-pie and just churning out second rate copies.

Wildstar just looks like WoW to me, from the char models to the colour palette and the gameplay. TESO sounded good until they revealed the factions and RvRvR which makes me think DAoC clone and not TES, plus we've already seen that done in GW2.

EQN is a maybe but it really depends on how they handle PvP so I'm holding off on a decision there until we get some more info. The only other thing that holds any interest for me is World of Darkness both for the IP and the fact that it's CCP but that won't be coming any time soon.

I just feel that the genre as a whole made progress until 2004 and then it's been stuck in a rut ever since because everyone wants that same level of success WoW had and they keep trying to make the next WoW instead of doing something original. Then there's all the MMO wannabe's that are just multi player games but they want that cash shop so they call it an MMO to try and fool us. This trend towards F2P and the resulting drop in the standard of games is another worry.

I remember playing EQ and thinking where we could be in ten years, the kind of games we could be looking at. Here we are 15 years later and it's disappointing to see how little the genre has moved forward.

Signed,

A Sad Old Bastard.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Playing FFXIV, looking forward to Camelot unchained and star citizen, wouldn't touch another SOE game with a 20foot pole, and it wouldn't touch TESO with an even bigger pole.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• SouthkryptSouthkrypt Member Posts: 9

Looking forward to;

EQ Next

ESO

Wildstar

Archage

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

You undoubtedly have far greater observation skills than myself.I actually thought for example GW2 WvW could rival DAOC.

As soon as they described how it would work you should have seen the flaws, but this is a part where your feelings about an old game get in the way. GW2 WvWvW does rival DAOC, they are really similar. There was always a zerg going around in DAOC as well, the only difference is you could do a little more in an 8 man group in that game largely because of the rampant map hacking.

SWTOR management made endless promises about pvp and Illum.They touted the x DAOC devs they had on their staff....and look at the abysmal mess and I and many didn't see that coming and the lack of interest or ability to "fix " it.

Well unless you see actual video of something in action you always have to take it with a grain of salt.

I was talking more about actual innovation and not just how specific parts of a game will function. As soon as GW2 described how events would work it should have been obvious that they weren't really dynamic content, that was more of my point. What EQN claims they are doing will be to give us our first taste of truly dynamic content. Once they produce a video showing it in action we will be able to tell if it is just a claim or a reality. Just because it is a reality won't make the game itself good, but it will mean huge things for future games.

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    I am waiting for all the bad games that are about to be released, what other choice do I have...
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Well the closest is EQ Landmark, I may give that a shot.

For me WH40k:EC is the only MMO I'm hyped for but thats over a year away.

I'd probably try any of the upcoming MMOs tbh.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • WroniecWroniec Member Posts: 9
    WH40K MMO and EverQuest Landmark

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

OP you are not the only one in this situation.

I've been looking for something to get addicted to since I quit EQ2 in 2008.

I had a year of joy with Darkfall, but I missed the PvE Raiding and Dungeon Crawling which is what I like most in a MMO.

Anyway at the moment I am a bit lost.

I was excited by ESO but it looks like the usual generic MMO with a TES skin, I hope I am wrong.

I was also excited about Archeage, but after seeing the swimwear and the cars in game, I lost pretty much my interest (immersion is important for me).

So I am left with a couple of indie games I am kinda looking forward to:

1) Shroud of the Avatar (I love Lord British games)

2) Pathfinder (What Darkfall should have been)

3) Star Citizen (As long is not just Space Combat)

I want to be excited about EQNext but for some reasons I have the feeling that it will be a big Casual mess of a game (Too much stuff going on that doesn't blend well together)

• HoochlerHoochler Member UncommonPosts: 12

"City of Titans" (CoH spiritual successor) and "Star Citizen".

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

D3 expansion. Not a mmo, but close enough for me.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    EQNext is the only MMO I'm looking forward to.

On the non-Massive front, though, I'll buy the D3 expansion as soon as they shut up and take my money, and also have a number of Kickstarters backed - Hex, Wasteland 2, Elite Dangerous, Project Eternity, Torment Numenara.
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Star Citizen and Destiny

I'm really tired of the fantasy genre that even though TESO and EQNext somewhat interest me, I just can't really be bothered to be excited by them.

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Star citizen is the only video game I'm looking forward to playing. Everything else I've already lowered my expectations to a point that I don't even care if they launch or not.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• cydoneqcydoneq Member UncommonPosts: 66
    i wait for blade & soul, mmorpgs are pretty much dead

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Nothing, really. No MMO on the horizon looks remotely interesting to me. The direction that the genre has taken does not interest me at all. Action combat does not trip my trigger. I want an MMO where my character plays the game, not me. Dodge should be an ability that is figured into the combat result, not a key press.

Unfortunately, this attitude has bled over to single player games, too. Even single player RPGs have become "can not fail", action combat games, more concerned with bestowing achievements left and right instead of focusing on gameplay. The only difference between easy and hard modes is numbers. AI does not change so the fights differ little, just longer.

Luckily, I have my board game simulation games, books, and DVDs to take up my indoor time.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Looking forward to...

reaching endgame in WoW with my monk

finally reaching max level in Lotro

new awesome player generated content in Neverwinter

playing a new character to max level in SWTOR

EQnext and EQnext landmark

GW2 expansion pack

wildstar

TESO

thats quite a lot ...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)