Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any regrets on quitting a game

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

I wish I never quit EVE. Best in-depth game ever. I was rich, I had 2 accounts and billions of isk gotten legitimately, the sky was the limit for me. What is your game you regret quitting?

Mine is EVE.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Nope. I  do, however, regret quitting some of my old guilds. I severed ties with some of the best in-game friends I've ever had all in the name of progression. It reminds me of a line from the movie, Stand By Me:  "I'll never have friends like the ones I had when I was twelve years old. God, does anyone?" I did stay in touch with them while I was still in the game, but it never was the same. I had it good back then and didn't even realize it image

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

If I regretted quitting a game, I would start playing it again. Why didn't you go back to EVE?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Zentia is one I quit that I sort of regret.  I left over too much dependence on item shop, and later it shut down.  A shame, I really liked the style of the game.  I guess it didn't do well enough financially to keep it open.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154

I regret quitting Warhammer Online. I had a good group that stuck it out beyond the mass exodus. I only ever left because the developers were stolen to fix SWTOR, leaving a bitter taste, and in the following months we had almost no updates, with the ones that were done being of mostly no interest to me.

I have only found one game that I have stuck with more than a year since then (APB: Reloaded) and it does not fill the same role. Knowing that the game is coming to an end, I wish I would have stuck it out as when I left so did the others and so returning alone wasn't an appealing option for me.

I have no crystal ball though, so perhaps if I would have stuck it out then I would have become even more bitter at the way EA cannibalized the team and the choice of content developed. What I do know is that I enjoyed the game for what it was. As it stands right now I have a plan to group up with friends, before the games closed, and give it a last hurrah for a weekend.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Originally posted by Banquetto
    If I regretted quitting a game, I would start playing it again. Why didn't you go back to EVE?

I sold my account and going back after 2-3 years starting from scratch was not going to happen. I quit over a girl and to try to break my addiction, obviously, it didn't work.

Cryomatrix

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Lineage 2 would be the one for me. I had a solid guild however the grind was really wearing me down so I left for WOW, missing out on all the castle sieging endgame

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
       Auto Assault.  A small part of me wants to believe that my 15/mo  would have kept the game running.  

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    I guess CoH/CoV. I never really gave it enough time I think. I did enjoy it for a short period and I probably should have stuck with it at least a little while longer.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

A single game? well thats hard there are two, the first one is CoH/CoV which obviously was a very unique game.  The other would be Matrix online.

If I had to pick one..I'd go with Matrix online. While CoH was really cool and I did really enjoy the two sides you can play and the combat was very fluid especially when in comparison to Matrix online.  Matrix just had that something special to me. It felt like a game that (unlike others) should be played in PvP.  I also liked the missions that you could take for people, and referring to NPCs as blue pill people. (not awakened).  I never really got into the movies but thats a game I wish I hadn't stopped.

Note both of these games can not be rejoined, so it's not that I don't go back or that it's because I lost a ton of progress and don't want to do it again (having to start completely over is a valid reason for not wanting to go back before you think i'm just shoving it aside), I actually can't play these two games because they are no longer in service.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I miss the variety of bgs in wow and ow contested battlegrounds areas that would allow for an instance or quests in areas.  I also miss my moonkin, what can I say I grew attached.  I have refused to go back.  I would not I totally miss it just miss the variety of pvp things to do.  I probably could still sit in wsg or ab or a whole weekend...
  • Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    I regret quitting Allods as due to its pay to win style it left me to far of the pace after a year or so away. Good news on that though is as of this month Allods online has just opened a sub based server with no Pay to win so its a nice fresh start so I've returned.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i dont regret quitting any game because i can always go back to it. WIth that said, if it was causing you problems in life then all i can say to you is, good riddance.  You were clearly not having fun in EVE anymore, it turned from fun and enjoyment to addiction (like you said yourself, OP) so it was definitelly a good riddance. If you cant control it, forget it.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Originally posted by rojo6934
    i dont regret quitting any game because i can always go back to it. WIth that said, if it was causing you problems in life then all i can say to you is, good riddance.  You were clearly not having fun in EVE anymore, it turned from fun and enjoyment to addiction (like you said yourself, OP) so it was definitelly a good riddance. If you cant control it, forget it.

im addicted to video games in general, if it's not EVE, then it's something else, apparently a lesser quality game.

From EVE i went to RoM, Ryzom, Entropia, neverwinter, and i am trying dragon prophet, mortal online, path of exile all again.

• SouthkryptSouthkrypt Member Posts: 9
    I regret quitting Wow. While I could go back, its not the same game. As in the Guild I was in was top 3 on our server. Raiding, PVP was a blast and progression is something I am into. The Guild made the game fun, But 90% have quit or moved on to other guilds. It would not be the same.