Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another SOE fail.

SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

I had great hopes for this game whilst i was playing through beta. But the devs continued on a path that the players didn't want and here we are, a game where server merges haven't helped.

What we have today is a bunch of players that could probably flll two servers to their intended capacity. Tonight for example, all servers were either low or medium, six months ago they were high pop.

So what we have here is yet another SOE fail at an MMORPG, failing to address player issues like they're some indie outfit, thus leaving everyone feeling frustrated. 

Here's a great example of how SOE have abandoned the PC version. The roadmap looks like something from fable.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/roadmap.59/

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

There is nothing in the fps genre that compares to PS2. I stopped playing months ago when Wushu grabbed me. The past couple weeks I've been dropping in to PS2 a couple times a day. It runs better, the UI is more intuitive, spawns have been masterfully redesigned, I can go on. 

Because of Planet Side 2, I can't wait to play the next SOE product. I do see how it could be different for someone who has made PS2 their man game. I can't see in any shape or form how someone can call it a fail though.

Heck DL it tonight if you are bored, it's free. See for your self.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by bcbully

There is nothing in the fps genre that compares to PS2. I stopped playing months ago when Wushu grabbed me. The past couple weeks I've been dropping in to PS2 a couple times a day. It runs better, the UI is more intuitive, spawns have been masterfully redesigned, I can go on. 

Because of Planet Side 2, I can't wait to play the next SOE product. I do see how it could be different for someone who has made PS2 their man game. I can't see in any shape or form how someone can call it a fail though.

Heck DL it tonight if you are bored, it's free. See for your self.

Bugs still there that were in beta, spawns currently bugged so getting to the frontline is a pain in the rear, population balance insanely wrong due to a certain faction getting all the good toys, theres a big list of problems that are clear too see if they play for more than a day or two here and there..

The only good thing is Luperza, i wish every game had one of her. 

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    They haven't abandoned the PC version at all, they stopped alot of stuff to focus on performance. You'd know this if you took the time to look.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i had a lot of fun when it came out. Seriously, The game was sharp looking, played smoothly and was fun. when the first few zergs started happening it was one fo the craziets things i've ever seen. 200/300+ players all running/driving/flying to the same location was incredible to watch....battle were CRAZY and collecting tokens was fun.......then it got repetitive and boring.

it's weird because all FPS are repetitive in the end, however you still feel like there is a point to the whole thing. you are trying to win, or at least get more kills then the previous match.

with PS2 after a while you were capping and recaping the same spots every half an hour and it got to the point where you asked yourself "...why?...".

even caping the whole map was fun the first few times but then you were like "ok, i guess i'm loggin off now and in half an hour it will all be lost again"

there was neve any definitive win. there was always an endless back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....

i don't know if there is a way to fix how that works in PS2, but it's the only thing that's kept me from going back. i just don't feel like sitting there caping points that as soon as i log off are going to be lost again. it feels so usless and never gives you the same sattisfaction of a definitive win like in the old sense "match over-you win".

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337

Its a quality game.  Its still got lots of players after all this time, I hasn't been a 2 month then quit game like most recent mmos.

The issue it possibly has is, like gW2, its a casual friendly game you can drop in and out of, you dont have to play 30 hours a week to progress like say wow.  However that can be a bonus for people that play lots of games, im enjoying it because I can just play 1 or 2 nights a week and not get left behind and play other stuff in between.

The engine is great, really impresses me, no other engine offers this bigger battles in such an open world with the level of graphics PS2 has, including games that don't have to trace bullet trajectories.   Only game I can think of that does bigger fights is EVE.

After so many lame sony products from well EQ2 / EQ-LDN / SWG-NGE on wards they've finally released a product that does what it sets out to do, its not for everyone, but if you want a RVR mmo or a FPS mmo and you don't care about PVE it serves both groups well, which means im actually looking forwads to EQN.

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i had a lot of fun when it came out. Seriously, The game was sharp looking, played smoothly and was fun. when the first few zergs started happening it was one fo the craziets things i've ever seen. 200/300+ players all running/driving/flying to the same location was incredible to watch....battle were CRAZY and collecting tokens was fun.......then it got repetitive and boring.

it's weird because all FPS are repetitive in the end, however you still feel like there is a point to the whole thing. you are trying to win, or at least get more kills then the previous match.

with PS2 after a while you were capping and recaping the same spots every half an hour and it got to the point where you asked yourself "...why?...".

even caping the whole map was fun the first few times but then you were like "ok, i guess i'm loggin off now and in half an hour it will all be lost again"

there was neve any definitive win. there was always an endless back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....

i don't know if there is a way to fix how that works in PS2, but it's the only thing that's kept me from going back. i just don't feel like sitting there caping points that as soon as i log off are going to be lost again. it feels so usless and never gives you the same sattisfaction of a definitive win like in the old sense "match over-you win".

have you played since they added Alerts?  the Alerts will give you that sense of "winning a match"

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

If you're an FPS player, go BF4.

This game will do nothing but frustrate you. I play as NC and the devs have neglected the glaring inbalance as they get a hard on for the next playstation. Population wise its dieing faster than a badger cull, i know it's labeled a FTP, but in reality it's not and its just another poorly supported SOE title.

As for alerts mentioned by the guy above, they're a big joke, omg... the issues with alerts is just laughable as is SOE's approach towards them, its clear to see its all about the dollar or they would have locked players to their chars during alerts, instead they allow players to switch factions, thus getting the alert rewards without doing frack all...