Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 or Final Fantasy XIV a Realm Reborn ?

CataloonyCataloony Member Posts: 1

Can someone help me to chose which game should i play ?

Comments

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    Thats an easy one, GW2 all the way.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Not sure GW2 is super fun till endgame then basically you find out there isn't one......

FFXIV on the other hand has an endgame that consists of running the same dungeon over and over and over and over.... Well I think you get the point...... (Yes CM I'm looking at you)

So I guess you pick your poison.....

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by nationalcity

Not sure GW2 is super fun till endgame then basically you find out there isn't one......

FFXIV on the other hand has an endgame that consists of running the same dungeon over and over and over and over.... Well I think you get the point...... (Yes CM I'm looking at you)

You have a point haha.

• DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139

GW2 has no endgame so.

FF XIV has shitty endgame now, better to wait till 2.1 patch comes and u dont have to do only 1- 2 dungeons all day.

HM Primals are fun in FF XIV, But once u defeat the primals u dont have to do them anymore.

• AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69

Final Fantasy is fun for a bit, but the magic wears off fast. At least it did for me. Guild Wars 2 I had a lot more fun with, and I spent A LOT more time playing it. I got about a week out of Final Fantasy. I got 3,4,5 months out of GW2.

Plus Guild Wars doesn't have a sub-fee. You can't beat that.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I love the artwork and world design in GW2

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    GW2!!! It's years ahead!

PS: I still don't get why some people say GW2 has no endgame...
    Surely it's not a traditional raiding endgame with gear trendmill ,but there is plenty to do when you reach level cap,specially with the constant updates every 2 weeks!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Did the W v W v W PVP not work as intended in GW2?...I mean wasnt that what the whole game was supposed to lead up to? As for FFXIV its WoW 2.0...They dont deny that and almost brag about it...The first attempt at it failed so miserably that they basically had to go the WoW route to make up for lost revenue.
  • nesteanestea Member UncommonPosts: 30
    If it was WoW 2.0, the combat system would be much better. >.<
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    If you want to enjoy an MMO for more than 2 weeks, I'd suggest FFXIV. GW2 was amazing, front-loaded fun, but tailed off crazy quick for me. FFXIV, on the other hand, is a slow creeper of an MMO that grows on you like a tumor, which IMO is how it should be.

Joined - July 2004

• Guild Wars 2 is way a lot better than FFXIV... The world is better, combat is better, leveling is better and in my opinion the end game is way better than FFXIV. Two games have different end game for sure. And both of them got different taste. But than again I like Gw2's end game more.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by wangkom
    Thats an easy one, GW2 all the way.

gw2 is boring after max lvl

i recommand

Final Fantasy XIV a Realm Reborn

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Are you a big fan of the Final Fantasy series? If yes, then FFXIV is your game. If not, then go with GW2.

<3

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

GW2 is the highest quality MMORPG on the market atm and it isn't even particularly close. It does however have some design choices that might turn you off. You downlevel in lower zones so you never get way too powerful compared to the mobs. Its character system and skills are pretty bland. It does not have a raid based end game which some people can't get past. It is really designed more for a casual player than a hardcore one.

So it really just depends on what you want out of a game. You should be able to tell if you like GW2 or not almost instantly though so if you can get a free trial you can test it for yourself.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Are you a big fan of the Final Fantasy series? If yes, then FFXIV is your game. If not, then go with GW2.

... what, like... ALL of them?

Does ANYBODY like all the Final Fantasy games?

Some of them aren't very good.  Track record gets even worse if you go into spin offs.

I'm also not sure if that's a good way to decide.  GW2 and Final Fantasy XIV are different types of MMORPGs.

The Final Fantasy series itself is not particularly based off of a type of MMORPG gameplay (Except for FFXI, and it isn't identical to FFXIV), so it's perfectly possible to love the (standard single player) Final Fantasy games and not like FFXIV.

I guess it's possible somebody just loves all things Final Fantasy, unconditionally.  LIke, slap a moogle on it and a chocobo and you're good to go... but if this person was that kind of person, I don't think they'd actually ask, they'd just be like 'OMG, I hear they have dragoons' and BAM.  Decision is already made. :)

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

GW2.

B2P with loads of content and freedom of spending money on fluff.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

Originally posted by nationalcity

Originally posted by Dewulf

GW2 has no endgame so.

FF XIV has shitty endgame now, better to wait till 2.1 patch comes and u dont have to do only 1- 2 dungeons all day.

HM Primals are fun in FF XIV, But once u defeat the primals u dont have to do them anymore.

last time i checked GW2 have more dungeons to run than FF XIV

and calling dugneon runs as endgame? rly?

if yes then

GW2 have better endgame than FF XIV :)

ohh and dont forget NEW CONTENT EVERY 2 WEEKS IN GW2

so GW2 will alway be before any other game :)

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    It's impossible to say without knowing what you want from an MMORPG. I prefer GW2, but it's personal preference. Objectively, both are good games.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

... what, like... ALL of them?

Does ANYBODY like all the Final Fantasy games?

Some of them aren't very good.  Track record gets even worse if you go into spin offs.

I'm also not sure if that's a good way to decide.  GW2 and Final Fantasy XIV are different types of MMORPGs.

The Final Fantasy series itself is not particularly based off of a type of MMORPG gameplay (Except for FFXI, and it isn't identical to FFXIV), so it's perfectly possible to love the (standard single player) Final Fantasy games and not like FFXIV.

I guess it's possible somebody just loves all things Final Fantasy, unconditionally.  LIke, slap a moogle on it and a chocobo and you're good to go... but if this person was that kind of person, I don't think they'd actually ask, they'd just be like 'OMG, I hear they have dragoons' and BAM.  Decision is already made. :)

I'm not sure where you've been living the past 20 years, but Final Fantasy as a series has an extremely huge and devoted fanbase, not unlike (though not quite as rabid) the 'Blizzard' fanbase. There are recurring tropes and nuances throughout the series, so much so that one of the recurring themes of the producer letters has been bringing more these into the game.

<3