Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reason Im not resubbing

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Firstly , nothing is being done about Gil Seller spam . 

It's annoying having to blacklist them , my list is full now and they just keep on coming .

It got so bad I ignore shout and tells, which I actually need because now I cant get Fate groups easily .

Wait time on Dungeon Finder as DPS is insane ,  why would I want to pay for a game to wait around for group ?

This is the easiest fix ever , all they need to do is add 1-2 more spots for DPS  till the DPS que has emptied itself.

It would just mean that dungeons would be faster but they could be smarter and make mobs have slightly more HP if group has more players . 

I mean how hard is this to do ?  Well clearly too hard thus my money stays in bank .

Comments

• cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by deathangell
    Thanks for your tears my jar was running low. on a serious note you could stop being anti social make friends with a tank who will queue with you or a guild. My server is full of extremely helpful people running CM runs cause its easy token for money and mats and ak runs

oh horse crap. Its a common complaint, a valid one and a constant problem with this game.  I have a conjurer and see it all the time...........

Get your head out of the clouds...

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Grailer

It's annoying having to blacklist them , my list is full now and they just keep on coming .

It got so bad I ignore shout and tells, which I actually need because now I cant get Fate groups easily .

Wait time on Dungeon Finder as DPS is insane ,  why would I want to pay for a game to wait around for group ?

This is the easiest fix ever , all they need to do is add 1-2 more spots for DPS  till the DPS que has emptied itself.

It would just mean that dungeons would be faster but they could be smarter and make mobs have slightly more HP if group has more players . 

I mean how hard is this to do ?  Well clearly too hard thus my money stays in bank .

Hi! Welcome to MMORPGs!

#1) Gold Selling Spam will ALWAYS be a problem, as long as there's a market for it. It sucks, but is a fact of life if you want to play games centered around economies & large groups of players. Literally every MMORPG post-WoW (when the genre blew up in size) has had this problem. And only a very small few of these games have managed to solve the issue.

#2) Welcome to every Holy-Trinity MMO ever. This, again, is an issue most games cannot solve. The problem is a biproduct of the core game design. As long as you tend towards games that center around healers & tanks, this will always be an issue. Simply because most gamers do not want to play healers or tanks. It's just a fact of life.

I'm sorry, but these are not easy fixes. Literally every MMORPG released has been plagued with these problems. And yet we still continue to pretend like they are somehow 'new' problems, or that somehow 'this time' will be better than the last dozen times.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Well I didnt resub cause the game is amazingly easy. Leveling is a joke.. Crafting is worthless / waste of time. 

Oh and I guess the gil sellers bugged me. But not much since all I was doing was chasing the same crap everyone else was.

• skylinethedemonskylinethedemon Member Posts: 8
    Unfortunately i've experienced the same problem with my Monk. I spend hours in Q and never get into a dungeon, and I can't seem to find a free company that is looking for more DPS. Its a pretty common issue right now, I've spent a ton of time leveling crafts and mining, none of which seem to serve much purpose other than making your relic weapon and materia socketing. At any rate, I loved the game until i hit level 50, since then I've sat in Q and watched gil sellers spam me with tells and shouts as i wait.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yep same problems the reason I did not renew my subscription to FFXIV, It could have been a great game it has had many improvements, but just isn't worth the monthly sub with the current state that the game is in.

In League OF Legends it takes me 60 seconds to find a party looking as a solo player in Final Fantasy XIV it takes longer than 5 minutes its annoying, even the game called Prime World if much faster.

This doesn't include all my other complaints about their false bans on players, or the gold seller spam/ improvements that need to be made to their site/service before I will even return by then something better will be out anyways.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723

Gil sellers are annoying, true. But here are your choices...

Ignore them. Which isnt hard unless your in a party.

Or, /Blist them which isnt hard either.

If your too lazy to do either your better off not playing, you wont be missed.

If you want faster Que times you better join a FC, LS, or start making friends. Once again, not that hard. The FF Community is very nice. I rolled ACN for this exact reason, everyone whose ever played an MMO knows dps que times are always long. So I play SMN for fun and SCH for insta-ques.

All in all, I think those are some pretty terrible reasons to stop playing, but to each his own I guess.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    How can you play a game where your only options are to play as a female or a ladyboy?
  • NicephorusNicephorus Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Grailer

To each his own, I'm sorry you didn't like the game. I must confess, I do find the reasons you gave for not resubbing a bit weak though.

#1 Yes, the gil sellers are annoying, but I find it very ironic that you claim that nothing is being done when there are several threads on this very forum with people complaining about the draconian measures SE has been taking freezing peoples accounts while investigating RMT. For anyone familiar with SE, they actually tend to be very hard core against RMT, so I have no worries at all that the issue will be addressed, eventually. Unfortunately, with the relaunch, I'm sure they have 100s of things on their plate, and even simple fixes like the right click name to blist (which I do support) may not be implemented as fast as we all might like.

#2 Yep, lets add 2 more DPS slots to light parties, and while we are at it, rebalance every dungeon as a result. Sorry, but it isn't nearly as easy as you make it sound.

Seriously, you may have other reasons for not liking the game, and that's fine. As I've said many times, people really shouldn't have to justify why they like or don't like a game. I wish you luck on finding a new MMO home.

• skylinethedemonskylinethedemon Member Posts: 8
    Let me be more specific with my opinion/experience with the game. I very much enjoyed leveling my monk, the story of the game, and the dungeons up to level 50. I just feel that there isn't a whole lot useful you can do with your time while waiting for a dungeon Q as dps. As i said before, I've been working on crafts and mining, but there seems to be little point in crafting and gathering. I personally think that they should have held off on release until they had some form of PVP or mini games or something to kill time with while waiting, or made crafting more viable for gearing your character, which would make the time put into it much easier to deal with, and provide a lot more stimulating economy for gatherers and crafters to take part in. It just feels like a game with so much potential thats falling short of what it could be to me. Don't get me wrong, I was chomping at the bit to play when it was released, just disappointed so far in the end game content that I've personally been able to touch with the class i chose to play.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    How are big hulking galka girly boys?

This discussion has been closed.