Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sub based server coming Oct. 4th!

mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

http://allods-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64511

I've been waiting for word of this for a while. I loved playing this game, but found the cash shop horribly steep, as did most. Hopefully a sub based server will bring a lot of those people back.

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    And a sub based server where you have to buy gpots each month will solve what problem exactly? You won't be able to buy more gpots on that server? Level playing field? Uhm, nah, I doubt it'll really change anything unless they just plain and simple take the cash shop out of the game on the sub server. It doesn't look like it though, and why would old players return to the game? They know what it is and what it isn't. Better offers are out there.

imageimage
  • VarlasVarlas Member UncommonPosts: 22

They are taking the item shop out of the sub server. That's the main selling point. 

http://allods-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64314&start=0

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i really hope this turns out well for the game and bring more people and maybe the f2p servers and their cash shop change for good. This has always been (IMO) the best wow-like mmorpg  but servers are dead. ALso the questing is very grindy, i hope they are planning to add dynamic questing / events because i cant see myself paying for an mmorpg without it, ever again.

• GosuRushaGosuRusha Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Holysh!t I can't wait for this Sub server...this is the best thing to happen for Allods in years. NO CASH SHOP = SO MUCH FUN!
  • GosuRushaGosuRusha Member UncommonPosts: 8
    BTW, Thanks for posting this, I didn't give you credit and I'm sure glad I saw this post!
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

This sounds like an unprecedented moment for the genre, at least to my knowledge. I can't think of any other game that opted to open a sub-based server after being f2p for so long. I really hope this works out well for them and that other developers are watching and taking note. I'd like to see this become a norm for the genre.

At the very least, I'd like to see future titles with both options so that those of us who prefer paying a monthly fee (while enjoying a less "nickel and dimed" gameplay experience) can do so, and at the same time giving those that prefer the f2p system an option as well. It seems like a win/win all around to me.

All that said, I think I might need to give this game a try now :). It certainly looks like it could be a competitor for WoW with this model (although it might be "too little too late" at this point.)

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Way too late. I'm sorry. If they did this 3 years ago, I wouldn't play Wow, GW2, FFXIV or any other new/old MMO.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Why wont my parakeet eat my diarrhea? Is it because of my diet?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    The fight for control of the Allods is actually rather fun and the art and flavor of the fantasy being very Eastern European is a bit refreshing in genre dominated by Asian and Western European fantasy based MMOs.

All die, so die well.

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    I loved this game but the cash shop destroyed it for me.  I will give it another shot though and see if the pay to win is truly taken out of this server.
    It's got nowhere near the content of WoW, it just has a bit better graphics in game. I doubt it'll be able to compete. The people who paid thousands of dolllars for runes are screwed, though they probably don't spend much on the game anymore these days. It's just a way to get more money out of the people still interested in the title. Good luck with that, but I'm not paying 90% of the WoW price for 10% of WoW.

imageimage
  • Nuuk69Nuuk69 Member Posts: 1

I loved the game pre Gipat and pre Cash Shop, and now with the P2P model it feels like the old game is back obviously years of fine tuning behind its belt.

Lots of players have returned and the server is alot of fun.  Allods should of always been this way.

Lots of people are upset at the cash shop, but with it gone now, i am willing to give it a try.  Life doesnt end with a $9 sub assuming you pay for 6 months, which is the price of a box game today anyhow.

Well back to the game, it definitely is seeing alot of old players returning.

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    They should have gone this route years ago but better late than never, it's made me return to the game and I really hope that now more people give this fun mmo another chance. No cash shop and no p2w means Allods is now a very viable option over many of the top mmos out there. The game is a very good mmo.
  • mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    It's got nowhere near the content of WoW, it just has a bit better graphics in game. I doubt it'll be able to compete. The people who paid thousands of dolllars for runes are screwed, though they probably don't spend much on the game anymore these days. It's just a way to get more money out of the people still interested in the title. Good luck with that, but I'm not paying 90% of the WoW price for 10% of WoW.

Then don't, no one is twisting your arm to go back. The post was made for those of us that loved the game and might be interested in coming back on the sub server, not to have a pissing match over how good or bad the game is.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

I played allods, liked the aesthetics and the Astral ships.

Anyone playing on the subscription server already? If so, is anyone there, hows the server going? First impressions?

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by sacredfool

I played allods, liked the aesthetics and the Astral ships. 

Anyone playing on the subscription server already? If so, is anyone there, hows the server going? First impressions?

im from the UK So I'm trying both servers at the min to see which one to stay on. The US server seems abit quiet at the min. The EU server seems to be pretty busy although both say low pop. If the population improves abit then the sub server seems a far better choice than the p2w servers.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Wise move. I just wish more developers/publishers did this out of the gate. There are two types of mmorpg customers out there...those willing to paid a sub and those who would rather not. It's just too bad they took so long to figure this out. My only reserve is who gets more attention when getting content developed/introduced? F2P player servers, sub player server or the cash shop. My money is on the cash shop. It will be interesting to see either way.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I never played it, looked at the model and refused to be part of the money grab.  I may have to look at how they are doing things again.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Wise move. I just wish more developers/publishers did this out of the gate. There are two types of mmorpg customers out there...those willing to paid a sub and those who would rather not. It's just too bad they took so long to figure this out. My only reserve is who gets more attention when getting content developed/introduced? F2P player servers, sub player server or the cash shop. My money is on the cash shop. It will be interesting to see either way.

My understanding is the cash shop has simply been moved ingame and it's possible to buy from it using ingame gold like from a vendor. Mind you, I am not playing, only asking here if i should start. :P

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Synns77
    They should have gone this route years ago but better late than never, it's made me return to the game and I really hope that now more people give this fun mmo another chance. No cash shop and no p2w means Allods is now a very viable option over many of the top mmos out there. The game is a very good mmo.

Yeah I feel the same way, I think it might be a little too late.  Would be nice if future games adopted both models at launch.  F2P servers with cash shops and paid servers with no imbalance.

Allods does have some nice classes though.

• LonewolfLonewolf Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I will be jumping all over this game now it has a subscription based server WOOHOO
    Originally posted by mattic65
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Then don't, no one is twisting your arm to go back. The post was made for those of us that loved the game and might be interested in coming back on the sub server, not to have a pissing match over how good or bad the game is.

They have twisted my arm for long enough. I loved the game in open beta, but I'm done with it now. It's the same old game, just with a sub fee attached so you won't have to endure getting ROFLstomped by people either throwing lots of money around or cheating on surveys. That's a plus, but it's still the same old game.

We'll see how the payment model holds up in the long run. In the mean time I'm not holding my breath. You can hold your pissing match over how good or bad the game is all by yourself.

imageimage