Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan Hardmode is the cheeziest bunch of bull(*@#$ boss ever made.

DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55

When he casts the AOE spells or hammer (that knocks you off the stage) anyone else can just side step it. I have to move 40 feet away from it because the AOE spell goes off or the  hammer comes down, or I get hit. Period. Sometimes I can be 40 feet away and STILL get hit while everyone else is standing in the damn middle of it.

Squareassholes are going to have to fix this shyt. I mean, the boss is not really that hard, just cheap as hell, like many of these FF bosses are.

I have whined. No you may not have my stuff as I am still p laying.

End of line.

Comments

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

Are you certain you are safely away from the red box when it disappears?

For some reason a lot of people don't know that THAT's when it counts whether or not you will be hit - not when the actual animation happens.

Anyway, he's a toughie, but if you can get a group with a smart tank, and 2 really good healers, then you are all set.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Originally posted by DMKano

I don't see whats hard about that fight, my FC has done it a buttload of times, you just have to be mobile, and have a solid group.

Server lag has wiped us all a couple of times, but then again that has happened in other instances as well - game pauses for all for a second (server lag) - boom - all dead.

Server lag is Titans greatest move in his arsenal.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I have the same problem.

It's all fine until P5. I can dodge 99% of everything up until this point.

Then, all of a sudden P5 hits, and I get hit with every. single. plume.

No matter how far away I am from it, no matter how soon I move. No matter if I'm still moving or not.

I don't know what it is. But it is extremely frustrating.

It's not just Titan, it happens in a lot of places, but Titan is difficult enough that it's hard to just power through it.

I have 2 ISPs (one is a backup for work). It happens on both ISPs, which are completely independent and neither of which are Comcast. I'm going to try turning my graphics all the way down to minimum the next time I'm running this, since that's about the only other thing i have under my direct control.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    It's their stupid server refresh rate. I used to try to just get out of plumes and start casting again until I realized that around 60% of the time I  was still getting hit unless I just kept running until they went off. Phase 5 is also just the worst, on the tic tac toe bomb rows you have to head to the first set of dropped bombs as soon as he lands his landslide (the knock off ability) instead of waiting for them to explode like a normal person would.
  • EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by gameguy369

For some reason a lot of people don't know that THAT's when it counts whether or not you will be hit - not when the actual animation happens.

Anyway, he's a toughie, but if you can get a group with a smart tank, and 2 really good healers, then you are all set.

No actually it is the animation. If your not out of the area by the time it disapears and the attack animation starts or a millisecond before, you will get hit. If you run in after it disapears and hes still doing his animation, you will get hit. Pretty much if you see a AOE circle get off an attack quick then wait till the animation ends and he starts the idle combat animation before getting in range.

Same works for you if you start an attack right on the edge of your attack range then run away while doing the animation most of em will still register. Some like the monks basic attack and some of the LNC attacks its during the middle of the animation you have to be in range. A lot of the monks its the start which is why you can fire off positionals with ease and you have to use a slow for LNC positionals to work.

Then you have to take in affect lag which is natural in multiplayer games with large amounts of players (FPS its not so bad). What alot of people do is when the aoe circle disapears theyll run in because they think the hit register is at the begining. Sometimes its the begining, middle and ive seen a few at the end that register if the target was in range or not.

You can memorize when all the moves register and be op in PvP and not just PvE but im not doing that much work ill just play it safe and stay out of range during the start,middle and end of an attack animation.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

No actually it is the animation. If your not out of the area by the time it disapears and the attack animation starts or a millisecond before, you will get hit. If you run in after it disapears and hes still doing his animation, you will get hit. Pretty much if you see a AOE circle get off an attack quick then wait till the animation ends and he starts the idle combat animation before getting in range.

Same works for you if you start an attack right on the edge of your attack range then run away while doing the animation most of em will still register. Some like the monks basic attack and some of the LNC attacks its during the middle of the animation you have to be in range. A lot of the monks its the start which is why you can fire off positionals with ease and you have to use a slow for LNC positionals to work.

Then you have to take in affect lag which is natural in multiplayer games with large amounts of players (FPS its not so bad). What alot of people do is when the aoe circle disapears theyll run in because they think the hit register is at the begining. Sometimes its the begining, middle and ive seen a few at the end that register if the target was in range or not.

You can memorize when all the moves register and be op in PvP and not just PvE but im not doing that much work ill just play it safe and stay out of range during the start,middle and end of an attack animation.

Wrong. I have done this fight and many others where you get the warning circle of doom then when the animation goes off you do not get hit, which is a slight problem with the game, if you are registered within the dangerzone you are hit. if you move into the danger zone after the animation starts it does /no/ damage. What Kills alot of people vs titan  are those who wait for the animation to /end/ then try to go to a safe zone. this kills alot against the bombs that fall in 3 sections of the map where you will have to go to tank side if it drops last there or the other side. right when landslide goes off the middle bombs blow up usually the cue to run to the middle , people hesitate waiting for the already exploded bombs to disappear to go and die to the ones they are next to that detonate.

I tend to run into the flame plumes on ifrit when they go off to position myself for the middle ones instead of wating for the animation to finish like others do, I never get hurt by being in the flames while the animation is up. this is quite comfirmed that you can use this to your advantage. Because of such it does make titan a breeze once you know what to do, how to stack plumes to minimize movement out of them n get back in.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by lzanon

Wrong. I have done this fight and many others where you get the warning circle of doom then when the animation goes off you do not get hit, which is a slight problem with the game, if you are registered within the dangerzone you are hit. if you move into the danger zone after the animation starts it does /no/ damage. What Kills alot of people vs titan  are those who wait for the animation to /end/ then try to go to a safe zone. this kills alot against the bombs that fall in 3 sections of the map where you will have to go to tank side if it drops last there or the other side. right when landslide goes off the middle bombs blow up usually the cue to run to the middle , people hesitate waiting for the already exploded bombs to disappear to go and die to the ones they are next to that detonate.

I tend to run into the flame plumes on ifrit when they go off to position myself for the middle ones instead of wating for the animation to finish like others do, I never get hurt by being in the flames while the animation is up. this is quite comfirmed that you can use this to your advantage. Because of such it does make titan a breeze once you know what to do, how to stack plumes to minimize movement out of them n get back in.

^This. I do this with Garuda and her slip stream all the time.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

Im not talking about one mob. But how different attacks, mobs and players do register there hit detection. Most act the same but some moves......... And you also have to add lag in the equation. I have never felt any lag, game runs silky smooth. But I have heard others complain. Of course people use to say the same about lag in SWToR till I ask em what there fps was, not saying this is the case with you and others in the game. Game could be very laggy for a lot of players.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

I finally beat this today after going close to 0/25. I can only think of one time where lag definitely got me but other than that it's really about knowing the rotations and not trapping teamates with poorly placed plumes.

Depending on the rotation after stomp, landslide, etc count to 3 then move and plumes will never get you, just don't trap you party members. Knowing what comes next is very important in this fight.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Had various out of sync experiences, not only with Titan hm, but other primals normal & hm - doesn't make any difference to the ground effect being out of sync with the actual spell timing.

You do get used to the mistiming, but I've heard from players who are new to this and they can be very frustrated - like the OP.

But the major problem I can see here is that SE have made this (the hard mode) part of the story quest. So, either attempt this repeatedly until you succeed - or you're  blocked from further story progression - that's how the story works.

Of course there is another option for players who find themselves banging their heads against the brick wall, and unable to progress the story further - get frustrated to the point where they don't resub.

Be careful SE - you have made the story such a strong point in the game that players who feel they cannot complete this will throw in the towel. Not only with the story, but as a consequence with the whole game.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Im not talking about one mob. But how different attacks, mobs and players do register there hit detection. Most act the same but some moves......... And you also have to add lag in the equation. I have never felt any lag, game runs silky smooth. But I have heard others complain. Of course people use to say the same about lag in SWToR till I ask em what there fps was, not saying this is the case with you and others in the game. Game could be very laggy for a lot of players.

Lag is actually the real issue people get hit most of the times. and they have improved it somewhat compared to release so hopefully they can tweak it some more. one moment of the slightest lag can ruin a run , especially for intense fights like titan.

The main problem with abilities is being caught in the spell cast then thinking they are safe one example is with garuda when she teleports and does her scream where you are to hide behind the pillars, she has a charge up animation and some people think they /still/ have time to hide behind the rocks, then the ability goes off killing them dispite they /are/ behind the rocks. Once the spell cast bar is full you can actually run out and not get hit because you were registed in the save zone dispite the animation going off. Once you know what to look for its easy to evade.

However, i will agree this isnt how things should be, if its a one time strike where the aoe goes away one should get hit if they enter it while its going off. this holds true for many games. If i did the things i do here in ff14 and apply it to wow i would die in the fire.

There is a delay in the castbar that square has been trying hard to address, if its almost finishing chances are your gonna get hit. if you enter a bit to soon thinking you skipped the dmg registration you can get hit but if you do it right you can actually enter the aoe right when the bar is almost done n not get hit (not reccomended tho)  You will come to find the sweet spot the more you do it.

This also helps alot with casting know exactly when to move. you can end up casting a spell while moving when theres less than .5 sec of the cast. I know how to not interrupt my spells by doing so carefully timing my movements out of the danger zones n be able to cast a spell, it wont work if im starting the cast however and its something that takes some practice. You can master it by doing demon wall constantly knowing when you can get away with moving n not innterrupt your spell. know how many spells you can get away with when avoiding the void zones.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389

The problem is the AOE lagg that is caused by shitty netcode that only checks your postion every 300ms.  We have been talking about this on the official forums.

In effect  some people do not understand what is happening and will argue they don't have this issue when they are in fact compensating for it without knowing they are by strafing or moving before the attacks starts.

What happens is you have your net lag + your pc lagg if your pc isnt up to par plus a hidden positioning check lagg.

This is what happens  when they decide you need to perform action moves to evade attacks yet have their servers check your position every 300ms. Any kind of lagg due to server problems acerbates this issue.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

One rough thing is if you don't have a good comp.

If you have some ordinary rig you might think it's okay on the majority of other stuff, and it is.   When you get to titan hm, where the spells are a fair bit faster as far as "get out of the red" goes, the pc lag even if it isn't much is enough to where you are going to have a hell of a time getting out of things on reaction.

Compare avoiding landslide to say, avoiding red circles in CM or something.   Much less room for error.

I had a nightmare of a time on titan HM because of this.  Eventually I just plain memorized the entire fight.  I'd pretend every landslide coming up was going to aim at me and start moving early.   When plumes were coming I'd position myself properly to not trap teammates as early as possible, then just start moving about .5 - 1 seconds before the plumes were cast etc.

Funny thing is once you do this successfully once, the fight's actually relatively easy (if your team plays properly too, of course).   If you just try to react to each thing as it happens, as is usually sufficient on other bosses, you're probably going to eat some stuff.     

If you have a top end PC this will give you that little bit of extra margin which surely helps a lot, but even so, waiting and reacting is going to be tough on this fight.

After wiping a ton, isntead of just beating my head against it, what I did was just watch a video until I could call out every attack before it happened.    Once I could do that, I went back in and started playing again.   I was successful a few tries later.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well having been playing FFXI for all the years,i have seen every type of cheese boss out there.Square does have more ideas for combat than other games,but eventually they do tend to lean on the same cheese tactics.

You need to sort of look at the combat Ai in a different manner to appreciate it.Typically if you know a Boss uses powerful AOE,you always stay on the edge of that 40' radius or outside it.Usually just a Tank class or similar will remain inside the AOE range.

The problem i have with some bosses is the outer radius that prevents you from moving any further,it is unrealistic.The second problem i have is VARIED Bosses,i do not like a Boss to have more than one setting,for example Titan should ALWAYS fight like Titan in one form,not change forms based on settings you choose,that is the real cheese part i don't like.That part reminds me of games that allow you to scale down ,so a level 50 Boss all of a sudden can be scaled down to level 20,it removes the whole design of a Boss and totally ruins immersion.

I can  tell you this,as players prove or make content look too easy,Square will eventually make Bosses down right ridiculous,needing several hours or perhaps 100 tries to beat it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.