Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage vs blackdesert

13»

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Black Desert has action combat which is fun, but no healers. ArcheAge has healers but tab target. Until one game has both, neither is a winner.
  • danielwarsongdanielwarsong Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Black Desert has action combat which is fun, but no healers. ArcheAge has healers but tab target. Until one game has both, neither is a winner.

no, you're wornmg, black desert ins't action, and not even close.

action is icarus , blade and soul...

black desert is not target but inas't action

a game that ins't target don't mean is a action

action , target , and no target is all completely immensurable diferent things

• danielwarsongdanielwarsong Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak
    Originally posted by crysis77

you need hard work too on archeage to maintein you farm, house and castle, payment and plantations need attention.

you also can make a shop with you house too...

and also, buying is boring as hell. this is a system since Tibia, Aion and much another mmo's old and new

Oh yes I agree I am just saying with Archeage having to pay a smaller fee every so often is much easier to handle as a player than a massive lump payment every 3 months. So it will most likely be a lot easier to maintain possession of your home in Archeage than it would be in Black Desert causing newer players to have a very hard to obtain a home of their own once the game matures. The same will happen in Black Desert as well most Veteran players will have large amounts of money a year or two into the game but a beginner still has hope of one day saving up enough to outbid someone in one of the auctions and getting a home of their own.

Also I have no idea does Archeage have anything similar to Black Deserts "tents"? I think I remember hearing something about renting inn rooms in Archeage or am I mistaken?

OMG

you say that is easier on archeage... you played both games to say that? worever, archeage have much more things to build and maintein, and forms of mainten. you don't need only pay, you need protect you house ,farm, and others.

and why you need a tent? you are traveling, and stop to make a tent... wtf? why u need that ? ha just to sit in the ground HAHA

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by danielwarsong
    Originally posted by Leiloni

no, you're wornmg, black desert ins't action, and not even close.

action is icarus , blade and soul...

black desert is not target but inas't action

a game that ins't target don't mean is a action

action , target , and no target is all completely immensurable diferent things

This is taken from Worldsfactory's interview and hands on gameplay. If this isn't action combat I don't know what is.

"COO Jaemin Youn told us the keybinds: Q for block, F for kick, E for grab. Left click for sword attack, right click for shield attack. Evade is performed with Shift+W,A,S,D. While not in combat, pressing TAB unsheathes the weapon and in this mode players do not waste stamina running. Q in this mode enables crouching (for stealth, I assume). R is used to loot fallen enemies."

Edit: Crap somehow half my post got deleted upon posting but Black Desert also features a slightly more casual secondary combat system designed for those who have trouble keeping up with the fast pace of the full action system. It was in one of Worldsfactory's earlier interviews but trying to view the page now gives a 405 Error.

So it is a Hybrid system with both full action and a still intense but slightly more casual option as well.

• liker12liker12 Member Posts: 4
    Archeage looks better, but i will keep my eye in both 
  • ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

Most likely it is Archeage.  Archeage is a big budget AAA MMO with over $50 million in funds.  BD is a low budget game that is more theory than anything else.  Archage is far ahead in development and likely will release in the west years later.  It has already shown itself to produce a quality product in the eastern markets.  It has a US publisher and will likely be out in a year or so.

Money is not everything in a MMO but it is very important.  Low budget games almost always are released in with poor quality and limited content if they are even released at all.  Generally they take much longer to release than expected. 

Why not plan to play both.  Play Archeage next year and Black Desert in 2016 or whenever it releases in the West.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by lucas12

who win in you opinion? why?

Blackdesert imo. Game doesn't have as many if any immersion breakers.

Some people might argue the gender locking of characters an immersion breaker, possibly a huge one.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

Played AA loved it, ran around having fun till lvl 30 when i cam across a house with about 8 neatly lined rows of cows and polar bears, looked pass that and proceeded to check the rest of the house, found a coke vending machine in the front yard..........thanks, you just killed the game for me, what seemed to be a fantastic world to call home turned into a great game with dumb ass features, allowing ppl to put this crap in a fantasy based game, and to allow ppl to put naked pictures of asian girls up on the side of there house. I will still probably play it when it releases but god i hope they get rid of this crap for NA ,screenshot below is from a more subtle house i came across

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Heretique
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by lucas12

who win in you opinion? why?

Blackdesert imo. Game doesn't have as many if any immersion breakers.

Some people might argue the gender locking of characters an immersion breaker, possibly a huge one.

I am pretty sure the gender locking has been dropped. They had originally announced it in an interview but Pearl Abyss instantly met with heated backlash to tired to find an official source but http://www.black-desert.com in their FAQ says that there is no gender locking.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

Black Desert is Gender locked... meaning if you want to play as a sorcerer or archer, you have to play as a female. Warriors, and blade masters... all dudes... Don't believe me google it, and look into the Black Desert site.

Archeage wins by default for that mistake BD made